Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I gave someone else Chlamydia and feel so awful :( Watch

ReputationRep:
    Major overreaction on his behalf. I do believe that when diagnosed with chlamydia you are strongly advised to inform the partner because of the health implications if it goes undiagnosed for a long time. He should have told you, and like others said it could have been that he gave it to you. You both had unprotected sex, I don't know how he can act so superior.

ReputationRep:
    Did you change your GIF?

You're judgmental, which is more disgusting in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    use a condom (protection), it will PROTECT you from these problems in the future, thats the purpose of a condom

Do you think that really needed saying? Do you not possibly think that she may know something as obvious as the use of a condom? She said she made a mistake and didn't think about it at the time, she didn't say she wasn't aware of condoms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have only slept with 2 people so I'm not promiscuous but my ex boyfriend cheated on me whilst we were together. We broke up almost 2 years ago. As I was on the pill we had unprotected sex twice because I felt more confident that I wouldn't get pregnant, I was only thinking about possible pregnancy STDs completely flew off my mind.

I didn't really have any symptoms and I hadn't been sexually active for a long time so I never thought about getting tested for an STD. It wasn't until last week I decided to get tested with a friend, only to get the shock of my life this morning when I received the results that I had chlamydia.

I have taken the antibiotics to treat it now. I immediately contacted the other guy I slept with, a 'fling'. We didn't use a condom, again I was just thinking about pregnancy and being on the pill. He then told me on the phone that he already knew what I was calling about, that I gave him chlamydia. He said that he got tested 4 weeks ago and had taken the antibiotics for it. I was in such deep shock.

He was really angry and his tone was so brutal. I messaged him saying that I would like to compensate him by sending him the money that he paid for the antibiotics. He refused then told me that I should delete his number, that he thinks that I'm dirty disgusting trashy filfth, that he never wants anything to do with me again and to never ever speak to him again then he blocked me.

I feel like such a horrible person. I hate hurting or wronging other people. I cannot believe that I passed it on to someone else. I feel so evil and like I deserve to be imprisoned in jail. I've been in tears all day, I just hate myself knowing that I did that to someone else. I feel so worthless and what he told me made me feel even worse than I already did. I genuinely believe that I don't deserve to live having done this to someone.

Please tell me how I can get over this because it's destroying me. I'm considering taking my life because the guilt of what I did to him is so unbearable and I can't cope.
    Love, don't beat yourself up over it. No matter how much you cry over it, it won't change what's happened. You feel guilty which is a good thing because it's the step of moving on but you've tried to talk to him and he's lashed out on you so I recommend waiting it out (use condoms in the future) then talking to him again if you really want to? If not, which is what I'd do, move on hun. Watch Youtube videos of people who've dealt with similar situations or worse which will kind of make you forget about it (I've done this for so many situations). Remember thinking too much about this will make you even more guilty and depressed in the long term (speaking from experience)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs.Grey)
    I was trying to be funny which I guess most people don't find funny because she kept on saying the word disgusting so I gave a gif that said she was :laugh: wasn't trying to say that she really was, it was generally supposed to be a bit of banter so I apologize if I offended anyone but yes I'm pretty disgusting and who isn't judgmental? I mean we're all humans unless we have some gorillas up in here :curious:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I did change my gif because the gif wouldn't come up except as a link
    I see I know you didn't mean offense x
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    Maybe you're the guy that is suspect on him to make it seem like you arent him :itsme:
    What on earth are you on about :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)

Do you think that really needed saying? Do you not possibly think that she may know something as obvious as the use of a condom? She said she made a mistake and didn't think about it at the time, she didn't say she wasn't aware of condoms.
    Yes. If you use a condom it won't happen, it's not rocket science. When people make threads like this I give them straight answers as opposed to people saying some 'positive' bs to keep them happy when clearly what they're doing is wrong and if they want to change then action needs to be taken

I can't sleep I'm still feeling so guilty. I keep thinking over and over about passing something like that to the guy. This guilt is unbearable I haven't been able to sleep, last night only slept for 2 hours and kept crying. I can't believe I did that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    It could have quite easily been him who gave it to you and he is reacting like this to make you feel guilty, he doesn't sound a pleasant person either.
    No offence but the guy used condoms before her so it's unlikely he would have transferred it to her. I'd be pissed if I was the guy too having unprotected sex and then getting chlamydia. It's easily curable though but I hope it serves a lesson to people to always be protected.

(Original post by Angry Bird)
    Yes. If you use a condom it won't happen, it's not rocket science. When people make threads like this I give them straight answers as opposed to people saying some 'positive' bs to keep them happy when clearly what they're doing is wrong and if they want to change then action needs to be taken
    Yeah you say it like it is. Maybe she's not promiscuous and it's unfortunate that she got it in the first place but if you always use protection then at least you don't have to worry about this potentially happening. Could have been HIV or something else OP gave to him so I hope this serves as a reminder as to why people should use condoms.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    No offence but the guy used condoms before her so it's unlikely he would have transferred it to her. I'd be pissed if I was the guy too having unprotected sex and then getting chlamydia. It's easily curable though but I hope it serves a lesson to people to always be protected.

Yeah you say it like it is. Maybe she's not promiscuous and it's unfortunate that she got it in the first place but if you always use protection then at least you don't have to worry about this potentially happening. Could have been HIV or something else OP gave to him so I hope this serves as a reminder as to why people should use condoms.
    No offence again but he could have been saying he used a condom but he may have been lying.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    The way I see it is lesson learned. You both know and you've both been treated. You'll be safer in the future, and hopefully he will be too. It's not like you purposely went and gave him chlamydia. He also took part in unprotected sex. He took the risk and it didn't work out well for him. He has to take responsibility for that. You also told him. He didn't think to let you know, which is a jerk move. You've taken responsibility and dealt with it properly. I wouldn't worry about it past this point. It's not like you've lost a great relationship with him, and you're both healthy again.

ReputationRep:
    Please tell me how I can get over this because it's destroying me. I'm considering taking my life because the guilt of what I did to him is so unbearable and I can't cope.
    Although it's bad that you gave him that, you didn't know about it so he shouldn't be being such a **** about it. Most people with it don't realise because it's sometimes symptom-less. It's not worth killing yourself over giving a guy curable infection by accident.

ReputationRep:
    I have only slept with 2 people so I'm not promiscuous but my ex boyfriend cheated on me whilst we were together. We broke up almost 2 years ago. As I was on the pill we had unprotected sex twice because I felt more confident that I wouldn't get pregnant, I was only thinking about possible pregnancy STDs completely flew off my mind.

I didn't really have any symptoms and I hadn't been sexually active for a long time so I never thought about getting tested for an STD. It wasn't until last week I decided to get tested with a friend, only to get the shock of my life this morning when I received the results that I had chlamydia.

I have taken the antibiotics to treat it now. I immediately contacted the other guy I slept with, a 'fling'. We didn't use a condom, again I was just thinking about pregnancy and being on the pill. He then told me on the phone that he already knew what I was calling about, that I gave him chlamydia. He said that he got tested 4 weeks ago and had taken the antibiotics for it. I was in such deep shock.

He was really angry and his tone was so brutal. I messaged him saying that I would like to compensate him by sending him the money that he paid for the antibiotics. He refused then told me that I should delete his number, that he thinks that I'm dirty disgusting trashy filfth, that he never wants anything to do with me again and to never ever speak to him again then he blocked me.

I feel like such a horrible person. I hate hurting or wronging other people. I cannot believe that I passed it on to someone else. I feel so evil and like I deserve to be imprisoned in jail. I've been in tears all day, I just hate myself knowing that I did that to someone else. I feel so worthless and what he told me made me feel even worse than I already did. I genuinely believe that I don't deserve to live having done this to someone.

Okay look, theres no point doing something stupid to yourself. think of the positives - at least you got it checked, treated and did the right thing by telling him!
    If he is angry, yes it is understandable but know that it isn't entirely your fault as he would have consented to unprotected sex.
    If he is angry - leave him be. There are plenty of other people you can potentially get to know. Don't worry about one bloke.

If you need anything else don't hesitate to respond or PM me

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:

Don't feel bad, I made someone blind the other week. I felt really bad too. Apparently they just took one look at me and they lost their eyesight because of how ugly I am.

Nah, but seriously, don't worry about it. It is one of the most common AND curable sexually transmitted diseases according to http://www.livescience.com/34711-chl...treatment.html

Just learn from your mistake, apologise and move on. And remember, some ******* gave you the disease too, so you are as much a victim as he is.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    X
    Hey OP, I just wanted to let you know that I've cleaned this thread up for you and moved it back to our sexual health forum
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Erm, if he knew four weeks ago, WTF didn't he tell you?

This is the risk you take when having sex. You've been unlucky, not evil.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.