Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Only weird girls payed attention to me back when I was a true geek :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    I sure do hope so :rofl:
    Oi, if you're as good at attracting female attention irl anywhere near the magnitude you do here then there's no need for hope

ReputationRep:
    Haha I guess so just like guys like geeky girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    From my observation girls dgaf about geeky guys and yet all I read on articles and forums is how much girls love geeky guys. Is this like a marketing strategy by the tech industry or do you actually like them?

P.S. I'm a guy but I understand that girls prefer jacked, outgoing, arrogant dudes.
    I really like geeky guys (I am nerdy myself) and I think they are interesting and would prefer a geeky guy any day over some arrogant guy

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I'd prefer geeky guys over...well any guy.

ReputationRep:
    I find a guy who's able to engage in intellectual discourse and speaks and types in proper full sentences v attractive (doesn't use vulgar or sound like a chav, doesn't have poor grammar, etc)

(Original post by totabatouta)
    Haha I guess so just like guys like geeky girls
    Guys don't really profess to like geeky girls. They mostly don't mind if you're geeky or not. They care if you're hot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    From my observation girls dgaf about geeky guys and yet all I read on articles and forums is how much girls love geeky guys. Is this like a marketing strategy by the tech industry or do you actually like them?

P.S. I'm a guy but I understand that girls prefer jacked, outgoing, arrogant dudes.
    When it comes down to it, geeky boys do well in school and get money. Money is life.

ReputationRep:
    Geeky girls like geeky guys because they have a lot in common.

In terms of non-geeky girls liking geeky guys and it being a current "trend", what they really like is hipsters who wear glasses and like the big bang theory. Anyone who actually wants to discuss anything geeky they are not interested in.

This has typically been my experience.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, you know, geeks and douchebags aren't mutually exclusive as some naive girls here seem to believe
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Yep! I love my geeky guy! :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    What women say they like and actually do like are two very different things
    Sad but true.

I'm a bit of a nerd, bit of an introvert, and skinny; things women claim aren't turn-offs but the reality doesn't match up with their words. Not bitter about it, everyone has their preferences and are entitled to them, but it's perhaps the reason why I won't find a relationship again.

Ah well. At least I have my Nature's Prophet plushie, Geralt of Rivia hand-painted model and over 600 games on Steam.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer a geeky girl and it's good to see that so many girls like geeky guys

ReputationRep:
    I believe that a lot of females are attracted to geeky guys but we're too reticent to admit it or tell them.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    So you have to approach us. xD

ReputationRep:
    I would prefer a 'geeky' person to a dumb or like you said arrogant person.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer geeky guys but not those who purposely try to act it bc girls prefer that. Guy who are naturally geeky and don't care about peoples opinions on them being a geek :dontknow:

EDIT: Also like guys who are passionate about future/current career choices or have common interests that we're both passionate about

ReputationRep:
    I don't if I am going to be truthful lol

ReputationRep:
    Geeky cute guys are nice, not your typical Pokemon collecting kind.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If they are cute/handsome then yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keturah)
    If they are cute/handsome then yes.
    thanks

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 17, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.