Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you know anyone from your school who has gone on to play professionally? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    Wow, that's nice to hear. I really believe it is more common in Rugby for people tend to be nicer and friendly to the public.
    Most of the Welsh rugby team are really decent people. The exceptions seemed to be someone like Mike Philips who was just a hot head but he doesn't play anymore luckily.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    1 player for a current league 2 side,but they were league 1 at the time. The guy held just about every school athletics record. Scored a few goals in the league, tipped for a bright future, then was on the wrong end of a horror challenge and never played again after both legs broken.

Another guy I went to school with made the youth team of the above, made it onto FM once. Now playing uni football in America. This guy thought himself gods gift to football and really wasn't that great, not a team player either

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, a current Premier League player I knew quite well. Got a (distant) relative playing in the MLS now as well.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a friend whose friends with Amir Khan the boxer

Other than that I know someone who plays in the Championship I used to boss him around in defence in school now he's a RB who has mad potential on FIFA and FM

ReputationRep:
    my neighbor saw rooney once

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yua)
    my neighbor saw rooney once
    Did they turn to stone?

ReputationRep:
    Rashford played against our school team a year ago. Also nearly had the chance to play a 5 a side with him but didn't since he was a nobody back then. Yes I regret it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Raheem Sterling

ReputationRep:
    No. Plenty of talented players but no one pro-class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Dreamville_)
    Rashford played against our school team a year ago. Also nearly had the chance to play a 5 a side with him but didn't since he was a nobody back then. Yes I regret it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He grew up near me no doubt we would've crossed paths some time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Most of the Welsh rugby team are really decent people. The exceptions seemed to be someone like Mike Philips who was just a hot head but he doesn't play anymore luckily.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you the guy that does the FM Tactics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    A lot of people from my school who seemed amazing at football have not gone anywhere professionally. Do you know anyone who now plays football professionally or semi professionally?
    My friend is a championship footballer. Played on the same teams + school team together. Had a few that went on to semi pro aswell

ReputationRep:
    Josh McEachran apparently went to my school and he was level 71 and played for Chelsea on Fifa 12...

ReputationRep:
    Steven Gerrard, David Nugent, Jay McEveley, Bradley Orr, John Welsh.

Weirdly Gerrard was never mentioned by the school and he struggled to get into the school team :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameron_McGeehan

Luton Town footballer. Only just found out he went to my old school. He was in the year before after mine (I'm older) and I never heard of him :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    My friend is a championship footballer. Played on the same teams + school team together. Had a few that went on to semi pro aswell
    Did he seem really amazing when you used to play with him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    Did he seem really amazing when you used to play with him
    Yes and no... amazingly talented but would switch off a lot. Our teams were generally superior to nearly everyone we played which may explain him switiching off a lot. But it was clear he amazing and had a shot at becoming pro..Now he's a first team regular in championship

ReputationRep:
    The one and only Michael Bridges went to my school. Few years before me mind.

Knew a lad that went on to Suderland Academy, don't know what happened to him tbh. Knew of a couple of lads that got some sort of scholarships with the MLS or something over in the US too.

ReputationRep:
    Alan Smith, though he was a fair few years ahead of me.

And a huge amount of Super League players, at least 4/5 in my year alone as well as several in years above and below. Though my school was massively rugby league so it's no surprise many went on to sign professional contracts.

ReputationRep:
    Alex Iwobi of Arsenal was year below, remember him from cross-country and Ola Aina (Chelsea Dev Squad) was two years below. Talented couple of years and mad how much Iwobi is earning now, even at 19.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.