Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is anyone else being set COMPULSORY summer work? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 13 and I had to do it. It's honestly not that much work and really gets you ahead for the course you're doing if you do the work! But I would really treasure your year 11 summer and have as much fun as possible because the transition from GCSE to alevel is huge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by ElspethC)
    Hopefully no-one got in trouble for not doing it! I know some of my teachers wouldn't take "but I only got the email yesterday" as an excuse, they'd want to know why we hadn't done the work overnight not even an exaggeration, actually nearly happened once - one wanted to know why someone hadn't done her coursework, never mind that she'd been in hospital with meningitis for six weeks
    Ouch, that's harsh. Thankfully, given it was the whole year they couldn't exactly put us all in detention!

ReputationRep:
    It's called compulsory but 99.999899% it doesn't even get checked.

Though I advise you to revise over Summer since A Levels are tough. Don't prioritise it, do bits and bobs.

ReputationRep:
    We have compulsory Chemistry Biology Psychology AND English literature work over the summer for A Level -- all which I have to do.

Also the people doing computer science have work to do also

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Username1502)
    We have compulsory Chemistry Biology Psychology AND English literature work over the summer for A Level -- all which I have to do.

Also the people doing computer science have work to do also

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And this is really COMPULSORY! They are checking it as we get back in Sep '17

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by surina16)
    Between the holidays of GCSEs to A Levels.
    Today I got a maths workbook (which 'bridges the gap' ) that our school wants us to complete by the first lesson back smh.
    I mean I love maths but really? :lol:

Has anyone else been given work to do over the summer?

EDIT: they also made us pay £2 for it just to make it even worse :/ I could have bought 2 bags of twirl bites :daydreaming:
    Lol

It'll help loads, but lol.

ReputationRep:
    no im moving to another school but i dont think my school wouldve given us work to do over the holdiays anyways

ReputationRep:
    only work im doing is burning anything related to gcses

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We've been set summer projects for A Level that are estimated to take over 60 hours for each four subjects - if we don't do them we can't stay on our course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    Between the holidays of GCSEs to A Levels.
    Today I got a maths workbook (which 'bridges the gap' ) that our school wants us to complete by the first lesson back smh.
    I mean I love maths but really? :lol:

Has anyone else been given work to do over the summer?

EDIT: they also made us pay £2 for it just to make it even worse :/ I could have bought 2 bags of twirl bites :daydreaming:
    What's the workbook called? :') It sounds like something I could do to prepare for maths at A level xD

ReputationRep:
    They can't give it to us bc we don't enroll until September. No point doing homework if you're not even going there

ReputationRep:
    It sucks but it'll be worth it, (I had to at the time)

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.