ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    only joking.

what is your favorite tube line ? :holmes:
    My tube line,Piccadilly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    My tube line,Piccadilly
    i like the District Line. and also the Northern Line ?

ReputationRep:
    i like the District Line. and also the Northern Line ?
    Why? District line also passes at S.Ken
    Oh what area did you live in?

ReputationRep:
    Why? District line also passes at S.Ken
    Oh what area did you live in?
    when i lived in Stepney i would take the District Line all the way to Richmond.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laomedeia)
    I wont bother pointing out all the things that piss me off with driving, suffice to say that the roads these days are a total farce. If you dont already require a car for work etc, why would you bother spending the ridiculous amount of money required to drive a car? Given the state of the road infrastructure these days, the car is no longer a practical means of private transport. Its certainly not worth thousands of pounds anyway.
    Because without a car I would be stuck at home all day doing nothing and I would have pretty much no life at all.

A car is by far the most practical means of transport and gives you total independence - I can go where I want whenever I want. Public transport is often poor in some areas and doesn't go everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    when i lived in Stepney i would take the District Line all the way to Richmond.
    Ah yes,it stops at Richmond. It's such a shame you moved from London Town

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes,it stops at Richmond. It's such a shame you moved from London Town
    my finest moment on London Transport was restraining a violent Cockney who was racially attacking a bus conductor.

ReputationRep:
    my finest moment on London Transport was restraining a violent Cockney who was racially attacking a bus conductor.
    Oh wow. Did it end okay?

ReputationRep:
    No doubt you live in London or a large city.

If you live in Wales as I do, a car is needed to widen your job prospects?

Also without a car I wouldn't be able to just pop and see my friends who live an hour away, it would turn into a farce of having to catch a 40 minute bus into town which is only a 15 minute drive, and then a 40 minute train ride. And then I'd have to make my way from the train station to wherever they lived.

Not worth it. And say if I fancied a walk in the country, or to go somewhere a bit different I couldn't do it with public transport.

I know public transport is more environmentally friendly, but some places afford use of public transport much more than others. Not driving would really limit me.

ReputationRep:
    If you live somewhere like London or Manchester with good transport links, then that's fine to not have a car.
    However, if you live in other places where public transport is abysmal, then this gives you no choice
    I have to drive a car for my job, I have no choice in that and it was specified in the job description. Hence why I get paid an 'essential user allowance' for using my car.
    When I was younger and a student I could have got away without having a car.

(Original post by Laomedeia)
    I wont bother pointing out all the things that piss me off with driving, suffice to say that the roads these days are a total farce. If you dont already require a car for work etc, why would you bother spending the ridiculous amount of money required to drive a car? Given the state of the road infrastructure these days, the car is no longer a practical means of private transport. Its certainly not worth thousands of pounds anyway.
    It is a rite of passage for 17 year olds, I guess if you don't pass during sixth form then it becomes more tedious learning. However, I don't disagree with the points you make, driving lessons involve being ripped off by instructors and are not fun until you get onto dual carriageways haha.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe because having a driving license is for life and some jobs even require it. You never know when you need a car. Relying on public transport especially in rural areas is a nightmare

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow. Did it end okay?
    yes we bundled the oaf off the bus and continued on our way.

ReputationRep:
    having a vehicle is important for attracting ladies ?

*Warning: Rudeness*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.