Turn on thread page Beta

What do you think of my site so far? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Your site is pretty spectacular now! Do google adwords work well?
    Thanks - the google adwords arn't that great, the ads are all for really stupid services that I can't imagine anyone would want to buy. Though it makes a little money - just enough to cover my the hosting and domain costs. Let me know if you have any suggestions - I'm always happy to hear them.

ReputationRep:
    Amazing trade - I would go with something like this:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Here's a point... the "Search" text at the top left is almost unreadable without selecting it.

And set a page title!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    Here's a point... the "Search" text at the top left is almost unreadable without selecting it.

And set a page title!
    I its work in development, I was playing around with the CSS last night. When I made this thread originaly you could easily see the search title and as for page titles I am working on a dymanic system for that so and I am not worried about that till the design is sorted out.

Thanks Loftx I will think about doing somthing like that.

ReputationRep:
    I think the site is looking better now, but I think you should have all the band names on one page rather than two - why waste all that space on the right? The 'Manchester's Artists' title should be done as a graphic rather than just plain text - would make the page more interesting. I don't think the blue works well (with red rollover) with the colour scheme now...maybe try a dark grey with a lighter grey rollover. Not too keen on the bevel on the menu either, but maybe I should shut up now.

Saying all that though, the site is nice and clean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    I think the site is looking better now, but I think you should have all the band names on one page rather than two - why waste all that space on the right? The 'Manchester's Artists' title should be done as a graphic rather than just plain text - would make the page more interesting. I don't think the blue works well (with red rollover) with the colour scheme now...maybe try a dark grey with a lighter grey rollover. Not too keen on the bevel on the menu either, but maybe I should shut up now.

Saying all that though, the site is nice and clean.
    This is the most difficult site I have ever had to design for some reason. I think I will just do somthing like Loftx suggestion and make the menu more intergrated rather than floating.

The bad names just come out straight from a database, I could fit more on by using smaller text, but there is no way they will all go on the same page. It look me ages to right that paging system as well (where it automaticaly splits the pages up).

ReputationRep:
    having said all that, i guess its alot harder to actually implement the ideas than just thinking them up. thats like for my site, i had loads of ideas but just couldnt do it.. and i ended up with what i have now..

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 11, 2004
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.