Turn on thread page Beta

The Official Medics and Boaties Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbailey)
    We need a seed of conversation, we can't make something out of nothing! Notice that I've never started a thread!
    Eh? What has this to do with blades? I was talking about the Blades comment! I almost posted it myself but didn't! I didn't though 'cos turning up for training one (whilst still probably pissed) does not a rower make )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Eh? What has this to do with blades? I was talking about the Blades comment! I almost posted it myself but didn't! I didn't though 'cos turning up for training one (whilst still probably pissed) does not a rower make )
    Nothing, I didn't mean to quote you.

ReputationRep:
    The thing I found was that just reading it for half an hour didn't help more than looking at the diagrams and reading the key points. So, given that I didn't have the time or inclination to do it thoroughly (Trinity peeps told me it takes 4 hours to prepare properly) I decided this was the best thing to do.

EDIT: It took me a while to figure this out unfortunately...
    4 hours? What do you do with it for four hours? I can't read it for that long! It usually took me about an hour to read it, highlight it and learn a few important things. Have been known to do it in the kitchen whilst having breakfast that day though

You do know who the vT's are, don't you? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Nothing, I didn't mean to quote you.
    Coola!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    4 hours? What do you do with it for four hours? I can't read it for that long! It usually took me about an hour to read it, highlight it and learn a few important things. Have been known to do it in the kitchen whilst having breakfast that day though

You do know who the vT's are, don't you? :eek:
    I think they read Grays and cross-referenced the manual with McMinns. Efficient in the longrun maybe, but kinda unrealistic for most people.

vTs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    medics & boaties..? i feel i really should respond to this one!

except - my medic status hinges in oh-so-soon-to-be-published exam results & my boatie is far far away.. *bottom lip quivers*
    Awww, poor lickle Elles. When are your results out? And I'm sure you'll have a happy reunion soon.

I think they read Grays and cross-referenced the manual with McMinns. Efficient in the longrun maybe, but kinda unrealistic for most people.

vTs?
    What? That's crazy crazy stuff! I don't have Grays

vT's = The Twins *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    Awww, poor lickle Elles. When are your results out?
    Oooh, Monday I hear.

What? That's crazy crazy stuff! I don't have Grays
    Me neither. Trinity buys them a ton of books instead of giving them a book grant. Don't know why anyone would buy Grays, it's totally over the top.

vT's = The Twins *sigh*
    Aha.

ReputationRep:
    Me neither. Trinity buys them a ton of books instead of giving them a book grant. Don't know why anyone would buy Grays, it's totally over the top.

Aha.
    Oh. That's nice of them. But what if they buy ones they don't want? Grays is available online you know

And aha indeed. Oh how much more fun first term dissection was

ReputationRep:
    Oh. That's nice of them. But what if they buy ones they don't want? Grays is available online you know

And aha indeed. Oh how much more fun first term dissection was
    Yeah, I used Yahoo and Bartleby Gray's quite a few times, but only as the final word on anatomical issues that internet sources seemed to disagree on.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I used Yahoo and Bartleby Gray's quite a few times, but only as the final word on anatomical issues that internet sources seemed to disagree on.
    I didn't know there were many internet sources. I was a bit lax in terms of that apart from www.medicalmnemonics.com (or something)

Still annoyed with this bloody shoulder thing! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know there were many internet sources. I was a bit lax in terms of that apart from www.medicalmnemonics.com (or something)

Still annoyed with this bloody shoulder thing! :mad:
    Medical Mnemonics got the better of me, I loved them so much that rather than choosing some to remember I kept looking at more and more, eventually remembering none

I only used the internet because it meant I could stay away from books.

ReputationRep:
    Has the experiment finished yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    Have you been spying on us all this time??

ReputationRep:
    Have you been spying on us all this time??
    No, I've only been observing for about 5 minutes...the joy of online experiments is that you don't have to be there all the time.

ReputationRep:
    No, I think they want it to keep going as long as there are threads available to hijack.

I loved Medical Mnemonics! My supervisor was very impressed when I knew all branches of the external carotid. I didn't say how I knew them though

ReputationRep:
    No, I've only been observing for about 5 minutes...the joy of online experiments is that you don't have to be there all the time.
    Someone could have told ME that before I spent all day sitting in front of the computer... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Someone could have told ME that before I spent all day sitting in front of the computer... :mad:
    It's evil, isn't it? Stupid machines. Stupid messageboards. Stupid me.

ReputationRep:
    It's evil, isn't it? Stupid machines. Stupid messageboards. Stupid me.
    There there now. I feel a need to say something on this "official" thread, even if its only........the first step to solving the problem is identifying the problem.....

Okay, I'm done with therapisting now! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadLy)
    There there now. I feel a need to say something on this "official" thread, even if its only........the first step to solving the problem is identifying the problem.....

Okay, I'm done with therapisting now! :rolleyes:
    Hehe, I don't think I need therapy yet! Maybe we'll find out in thrilling Neuro next year

ReputationRep:
    Finally got myself an avatar :cool:

It was either this one or the cookie monster...

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.