Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Statement from the Secretary of State for Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs watch

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    No, no. You're over there Ray -points in the corner-
    *Shuffles past some MPs* Excuse me, coming through. *bumps into Shadow Health Secretary* Sorry. Very sorry. Here? Cool.

(Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Normally if you're going to do that you want to be the first non OP, at this point it's barely worth reserving, especially as the tumbleweeds role

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wanted the first page.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    *Shuffles past some MPs* Excuse me, coming through. *bumps into Shadow Health Secretary* Sorry. Very sorry. Here? Cool.

I wanted the first page.
    prsom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    This is the same Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth affairs who wanted to remove Britain from the Commonwealth last term, it was unrealistic to expect a quality statement.
    While i obviously disagree with leaving the Commonwealth (better to potentially have influence in a group than to have none when there's no cost to membership) i do think a lot of skeptics especially see it as far more solid and important than it actually is. I'd not be too bothered if it just rolled back to Canada, Australia and New Zealand and the overseas territories, these are the people who are our brethren.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    While i obviously disagree with leaving the Commonwealth (better to potentially have influence in a group than to have none when there's no cost to membership) i do think a lot of skeptics especially see it as far more solid and important than it actually is. I'd not be too bothered if it just rolled back to Canada, Australia and New Zealand and the overseas territories, these are the people who are our brethren.
    I agree, but that is because British politicians decide to neglect the Commonwealth by choosing to put the EU first, or EU countries first. A lighter political union with Canada, Australia and New Zealand would be more popular, more politically stable, and more culturally connected than the EU.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Discussion of this statement has ended.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 22, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.