Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    The bar is in the MHoC...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not saying otherwise, I had also meant to quote toronto in the reply as he mentioned something about putting the thread elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    Today's events are terrible but I do not support motions that do not call on the government to do something, this should be a party statement.
    It is a statement
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Today's events are terrible but I do not support motions that do not call on the government to do something, this should be a party statement.
    It is a party statement.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by DanE1998)
    This is what I intended it to be, I didn't realise that submitting it in this way was wrong
    There's no right or wrong answer and it's really a matter of taste tbh. That said, I think that this debate is detracting from the seriousness of today's events, so I will leave it here.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Apologies to Kay_Winters, and Aph, when reading statement I thought it was a motion.

ReputationRep:
    Apologies to Kay_Winters, and Aph, when reading statement I thought it was a motion.
    It is easy to see why, no apology needed
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    On a point of fact, it is.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Hear, hear. Such a terrible loss -- a wonderful woman and exceptional MP. I echo the sentiments of Petros, let people mourn. Shouldn't bring her tragic death into politics for gain or otherwise.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I agree with the sentiment, but c'mon guys, give her a couple of days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Whilst these acts are terrible, these sorts of things should be up to people themselves to band together, not the government making official statements, as those have no real truth behind them. Honestly, I find the way in which people are jumping to conclusions shocking, this was a seriously principled MP who was killed, and yet politicians are using it for their own benefit.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I feel that really at the heart of it this is just a sad situation and all this statement is doing is showing that even though it's just a game, we can still appreciate the real life happenings of politics and it would be strange to ignore what is clearly a large and shocking event at the moment. The statement is merely showing support and solidarity for her and her family as a result of the tragedy, and I see nothing wrong with that.

ReputationRep:
    My thoughts are for her family and friends and I join with others in the House to pay respects.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Discussion of this statement has ended.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.