Isn't it time we banned far right parties?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely not. Left-wing parties can be especially 'militant' and we have democracy.

ReputationRep:
    But the far right parties have to be elected by a democracy.. Sounds ironic
    Plus that creates very blurry lines

ReputationRep:
    No although they are absolutely insane :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cato the Elder)
    He was a mentally ill person. He didn't shout "Britain first" or any of that nonsense. Those were all lies.
    That's simply against the facts. Not one but several witnesses confirmed that he said that. The Asian witness later got very scared and put a note out withdrawing it.

I suppose you have some explanation that also flies in the face of the obvious facts for the neo-Nazi gear he had?

ReputationRep:
    Cato the elder should be called Cato the deluded. What a joke.

ReputationRep:
    This has gotten VERY off topic. No, we shouldn't ban parties purely because they say things people don't like. Censorship is no way to prevent these things from occuring, education is the only way forward.

ReputationRep:
    Ban what I don't like and allow what I do like.

I would call you a Nazi, but you probably don't have the intellectual capacity to know what that is.

ReputationRep:
    We should make the far-right wear something to identify them, and ban them from expressing their ideology publicly - people shouldn't be allowed to wear the Union Jack.

Well played, OP. I love how the responses here are so dramatically different from what you'd get if you'd suggested we ban Islam in the wake of a Muslim terrorist attack. Islamophobes are doing great at demonstrating how stupid and lacking in self-awareness they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    We should make the far-right wear something to identify them, and ban them from expressing their ideology publicly - people shouldn't be allowed to wear the Union Jack.
    This is obviously a good idea, but many already oblige in their own far-rightish way, funny little chaps really. Not a bit of harm in them.

ReputationRep:
    Although I would like to agree; I can't. We live in a democracy and I believe in that democracy. Banning parties of a certain ideology is wrong in my opinion.

Also this would be extremely hard, if not impossible to enforce.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)

Well played, OP. I love how the responses here are so dramatically different from what you'd get if you'd suggested we ban Islam in the wake of a Muslim terrorist attack. Islamophobes are doing great at demonstrating how stupid and lacking in self-awareness they are.
    Apologies if the first few sentences in your post are sarcasm as sarcasm is typically lost on me, but if not i have a response.

The first response is a picture i have picked to demonstrate the problem forcing individuals to wear identifying features, and we should never forget what happened as a result of forcing them to-do-so.

We should not force anyone to wear anything to 'identify' them, we saw what happened with that idea during the holocaust, and it makes mass-persecution and rounding up of specific-individuals far easier to do-so. Also looking at countries such as Norway and Sweden you will see an increasingly militant left-wing.

Secondly people should be entitled to say and wear what they want (unless it's open hate-speech e.g death-threats), and as far as i care they can do whatever they want with the Union Jack, be it to wear it, burn it, wave it as a flag.

I myself quite like the Union Jack as a flag and think it looks pretty awesome, however i am also aware that far-right individuals use it as a rallying point for nationalism, but those few people shouldn't mar the entire UK and the flag which represents over 50 million people.

Moreover we don't let the actions of a few extremists (be they from ANY religion) speak for a whole religion do we? No! So we should not do the same when it comes to a flag.

joecphillips knocked it on the head when they said that censorship leads to more violence and extremism. I would also like to add that ignoring people and their feelings is also dangerous. As they will find more extreme ways of getting heard.

Best regards
    Francis.

PS: I find it fascinating how on almost every-other thread talking about Jo Cox, even if it's just a condolences thread, it has been accused of some sort of Agenda and the OPs of those threads have been lept on by everyone.

However here you have a blatant Agenda yet nobody even seems to care how OP is using recent events to push his/her own agenda. Disgraceful double-standards in my mind, and also as i posted in a previous thread, we should not allow fear, including fear-of the far right to drive us.

The fact that the whole country has revered somebody who was practically unknown before their death is rather disconcerting.

This intense level of media scrutiny is sure to draw up some skeletons in that persons closet, however the media and public interest has been immensely positive. Forcing a somewhat one-sided image if this individual.

My condolences go out to her. But i'm not going to sit here and type out with fake platitudes like so many others. I did not know her, i am not aware of any of her work as an MP.

However her death and the fact that two more children in this world are without a mother, is tragic, and that is what i get very upset over. (Being someone who works in education so from personal experience can tell you the kind of psychological damage children experience from this kind of tragedy).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intelligent con)
    In the light of the murder of an MP by a far right white extremist, I believe that it's time we destroyed the ideology that led to this atrocity. This is one of the many attacks to come if we tolerate this hate, we have to ban Britain first and UKIP NOW before more people commit terrorist acts in their name. And before you racists complain about it, remember if this was a muslim you'd be calling for the destruction of mosques.
    Anyone spotted the irony in this post?

ReputationRep:
    ban the far right? and not the far left? absolutely hypocritical
    ban no parties, by the way. have a constitution that sets out limitations to power and we'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    By banning them, who else would we laugh at?

Like when Britain first confronted a tent

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/uk_57...ukhpmg00000001

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.