• TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by King Scorchy)
    When I hit the post button the first time, it sent me to a page saying TSR was down. So I went back and pressed it again.
    I've merged the threads together now :afraid: and it doesn't look like I broke anything, which is always a plus. :lol: — sorry about the downtime there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaline.)
    One where you can still do stuff. What stuff do you need to anyway that you need extra time for?
    I need extra time to end suffering of humans and animals alike, also to make the overall quality of life of humans much better. When I say this I'm serious - I'm going to make billions, etc.

same but only if certain people could live with me.
    Why only if? Either way you're not forced to live forever.

🛂 this is me taking your apology
    And this 🛃 Is me throwing it in my briefcase bin
    lmao!

(Original post by iEthan)
    I've merged the threads together now :afraid: and it doesn't look like I broke anything, which is always a plus. :lol: — sorry about the downtime there!
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    :indiff: :emo:
    aww the little emoji glasses are so cute

I need extra time to end suffering of humans and animals alike, also to make the overall quality of life of humans much better. When I say this I'm serious - I'm going to make billions, etc.
    You think you can end human suffering? like how? It's not just solving poverty, you'd need to get into people's mind to do that.

Why only if? Either way you're not forced to live forever.
    because I want certain people in my life so much that it's almost a need.

I know it's not forced, but if you're not even gonna age etc then why not tbh. Maybe not forever but for a thousand years or so.

ReputationRep:
    You think you can end human suffering? like how? It's not just solving poverty, you'd need to get into people's mind to do that.
    Like gaining a lot of power in the world and using it for pure goodness. I'll become one of the people that run things and simply ace everything (ace world peace, mass happiness, and so on and so forth).

because I want certain people in my life so much that it's almost a need.

I know it's not forced, but if you're not even gonna age etc then why not tbh. Maybe not forever but for a thousand years or so.
    Yeah - I wonder what it would be like seeing the people you love grow old and die? Would you keep meeting more people? Would you learn not to grow attached to people? I wonder how it would be.

And a thousand years is a long time! Imagine what the world will be like!

ReputationRep:
    Don't be sad! BE HAPPYYYY!!!!!

No one should be sad

ReputationRep:
    Like gaining a lot of power in the world and using it for pure goodness. I'll become one of the people that run things and simply ace everything (ace world peace, mass happiness, and so on and so forth).
    that's admirable & hopefully you'll be successful in doing so, but what about the suffering of the human mind?

Yeah - I wonder what it would be like seeing the people you love grow old and die? Would you keep meeting more people? Would you learn not to grow attached to people? I wonder how it would be.

And a thousand years is a long time! Imagine what the world will be like!
    I wouldn't want to live through that, especially cause there's always that one person whose death you reallllly don't wanna go through you just pray that you'll die before them.

I think you would keep meeting new people it's the natural flow of life. Personally, I don't think I'd ever learn to not get attached fml (but it's not like I get attached easily anyway), it'd be a cycle of happiness, attachment and then pain for me.

I wonder as well 🌱
    Very advanced I'd imagine... Actually idk if I'd want to be alive to see the state of humanity at that point lol.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that's sad but then I think life is pointless anyway...

ReputationRep:
    that's admirable & hopefully you'll be successful in doing so, but what about the suffering of the human mind?
    My answer to this would take forever to write! I can't summarise it because it would detract from everything else I didn't have the time (right now) to write.

I wouldn't want to live through that, especially cause there's always that one person whose death you reallllly don't wanna go through you just pray that you'll die before them.

I think you would keep meeting new people it's the natural flow of life. Personally, I don't think I'd ever learn to not get attached fml (but it's not like I get attached easily anyway), it'd be a cycle of happiness, attachment and then pain for me.

I wonder as well 🌱
    Very advanced I'd imagine... Actually idk if I'd want to be alive to see the state of humanity at that point lol.
    Same, I would never learn not to get attached! Also, I would research how to stop people aging - so they wouldn't have to die! And I think that in 1000 years, people will be much more altruistic.

There's a lot that I want to say but that would just be so long you wouldn't even be able to read it!

ReputationRep:
    ukno whts really sad...im forcing myself to revise chemistry when i could be in my nice n cosy bed with my fluffy slippers..but no.. bc apparently learning about transition metals in the periodic table is much more important...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Good. Because I'm already tired of working and paying bills unless you're a baller..why do you need to live for a long time?
    The fear of death is what makes us so alive. Now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Results)
    The fear of death is what makes us so alive. Now.
    Who is us? Not I .

ReputationRep:
    Who is us? Not I .
    You need to watch The Dark Knight Rises!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Results)
    You need to watch The Dark Knight Rises!
    Gonna order it once everyone's in bed. Better be worth the whole $5.

ReputationRep:
    All we are is dust in the wind.

ReputationRep:
    Gonna order it once everyone's in bed. Better be worth the whole $5.

Or you know...you could watch it online :s

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.