Turn on thread page Beta

free masons watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My Dad's a freemason, hence I can automatically become one at 21. He won't tell me what they discuss at meetings, etc, as he says I will find out when I join, which is quite intriguing, so I'll let you know if and when I become one!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicman)
    My Dad's a freemason, hence I can automatically become one at 21. He won't tell me what they discuss at meetings, etc, as he says I will find out when I join, which is quite intriguing, so I'll let you know if and when I become one!!!
    That's if you haven't contrived with your fellow masons to bring about the downfall of UKL (and society in general) by then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    umm as far as i know, free masons are just a society of people who help each other out when in need.

it's got nothing to do with jews or conspiracies to implement the hand of satan...
    Yes that is true, and infact they are not allowed to talk about their religious beliefs (or political beliefs for that matter) during meetings.

ReputationRep:
    :confused: mmm...I've always been told 18 for sons of members and 21 for everyone else?...
    Do you have to be invited to join or are you simply entitled to join because your father is a freemason?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinity Blume)
    :confused: mmm...I've always been told 18 for sons of members and 21 for everyone else?...
    Do you have to be invited to join or are you simply entitled to join because your father is a freemason?
    I'm simply entitled due to my father...though he has to refer me I think and I will automatically be approved. It may be 18 though I thought he said 21, I might be getting mixed up!

ReputationRep:
    I'm simply entitled due to my father...though he has to refer me I think and I will automatically be approved. It may be 18 though I thought he said 21, I might be getting mixed up!
    I was just curious about this...and showed my dad this thread...the following is written by him:-

Just to underline the point, you are eligble to join Craft Freemasonry at 21 unless your Father is a subcribing member and then you may apply to join at 18. If you do this you are known as a "Lewis" (son of a Mason). No-one is automatically allowed to join - even if your Dad is the Big Chief himself!!! These days if you want to join and no one asks you, you may ask one yourself (if you know one) or write to a secretary of a Lodge and enquire.
    Here is the Devon Masonic Website:- http://www.pgldevonshire.org.uk/ You will probably have a similar one for your area.

ReputationRep:
    So I'll let you know if and when I become one!!!
    But you won't be allowed to, silly.

My friend's grandad is one, but her dad decided not to. She's disappointed it's a blokes only thing though. She says she'll set up her own top secret society for women. Called the Masonettes. Boom boom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)

My friend's grandad is one, but her dad decided not to. She's disappointed it's a blokes only thing though. She says she'll set up her own top secret society for women. Called the Masonettes. Boom boom.
    It's called irony, silly.

ReputationRep:
    It's called irony, silly.
    The expression seemed far to enthusiastic to be ironic...

ReputationRep:
    The expression seemed far to enthusiastic to be ironic...
    Well quite clearly you're a poor judge of tone, Hayley.

ReputationRep:
    Well quite clearly you're a poor judge of tone, Hayley.

We're all a poor judge of tone at times over t'internet, my dear.

Plus the post looked about as unsarcastic as an American sit-com.

ReputationRep:
    We're all a poor judge of tone at times over t'internet, my dear.

Plus the post looked about as unsarcastic as an American sit-com.
    Indeed we are, my dear, though some more so than others...

ReputationRep:

Women are quite involved, but usually in things like sorting the flowers out for 'bring your partners' dos! I have a firend whos partner is a free mason, and aparently things can get ugly between the birds when it comes to who does what - like the WI on acid!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Women are quite involved, but usually in things like sorting the flowers out for 'bring your partners' dos! I have a firend whos partner is a free mason, and aparently things can get ugly between the birds when it comes to who does what - like the WI on acid!
    The whole society does sound like it needs to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century, to be honest !

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else confused? Just me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    Is anyone else confused? Just me?
    erm....yeah just you it would seem

ReputationRep:
    erm....yeah just you it would seem
    I thought so

Carry on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    I thought so

Carry on
    The thread seems to have died out unfortunately! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I used to work in the kitchens of an old folks RMBI (royal masonic benevolent institute). I got to see the exciting freemasons cupboard! please try to contain your jealousy all!

ReputationRep:

Women have their own freemasonery society.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.