Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

22nd June: What’s in your festival survival kit? watch

ReputationRep:
    Some molly
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by jenhasdreams)
    Just been at Download festival, it was incredibly wet and muddy, and the following things let me still manage to have a good time:

Decent poncho (not a cheapy thin one) - that can fit over a backpack
    Long (comfy) wellies and long welly socks
    Toilet wet wipes and baby wipes
    Hip flask to sneak in your wellies
    Portable phone charger - I have an "Anker PowerCore" which charges my phone fully around 4/5 times
    Big warm hoodie
    Bucket/flannel to have a wash in the tent (not easy to shower every day)
    Ear plugs
    Plenty of cash (there were huge queues for cash points) although keep it safe on your body
    Awesome friends
    You say that but I saw the people in the queue ahead of me to get into the area have their wellies searched... (wasn't you was it?)

Anyway - my advice post download:

Take walking boots. Definitely do not get them out, go for one last toilet trip before driving off and leave them on your side meaning you have to walk around for the weekend in just a lone pair of trainers. :indiff:
    Phone charging block is a necessity - even just checking stage times on the festival app and the weather forecast drains it down over the 3 days.
    Tie ribbons to your car antenna - still got mine from the Leicester season and made it easy to spot.
    Disposable cutlery and plates + bin bags - former saves on the worries about washing up, latter for putting muddy shoes/clothes into when transporting it back into the house for washing at the end of the weekend; and makes a good makeshift rain jacket when the torrential downpour means the raincoat and poncho still aren't doing much.
    Suncream and aftersun - and use it. Even if the weather is dreadful: I still got sunburnt at download.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    I wouldn't take any valuable things. You never know what may get nicked or what you may lose. I was also advised to take a secure pouch / bum bag.

ReputationRep:
    edexcel C3 textbook

ReputationRep:
    Dont forget your E's and Bud. So you get get absolutely smashed out of your face!

ReputationRep:
    My brightest smile~

Gets me through the day
    Gets me in the tents
    And gets me in the bosoms of pretty pretty girls ~. O

ReputationRep:
    Plastic bags are useful for putting muddy clothes in.
    Portable charger from Amazon .
    Perfume in a plastic bottle and hand sanatizer

ReputationRep:
    one of the essentials

ReputationRep:
    Be sure take take some sunnies for the night time so its impossible to tell how mangled you are on pictures

ReputationRep:
    Bring a bum bag, or a very small rucksack into tents etc! You honestly don't need much when watching bands play, and if you have a large rucksack then you'll get way too hot too fast (provides you're dancing/moving at all)!

ReputationRep:
    Drugs, and maybe a tent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jory)
    Drugs, and maybe a tent
    maybe

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Welcome to the official BBC Radio 1: The Surgery forum. This forum is a chance for you to ask your questions and join the discussion here, you may even get a chance to get involved live on air.

Listen to the show live here

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.