The Student Room Group

22nd June: What’s in your festival survival kit?

Scroll to see replies

Some molly
Original post by jenhasdreams
Just been at Download festival, it was incredibly wet and muddy, and the following things let me still manage to have a good time:

Decent poncho (not a cheapy thin one) - that can fit over a backpack
Long (comfy) wellies and long welly socks
Toilet wet wipes and baby wipes
Hip flask to sneak in your wellies :smile:
Portable phone charger - I have an "Anker PowerCore" which charges my phone fully around 4/5 times
Big warm hoodie
Bucket/flannel to have a wash in the tent (not easy to shower every day)
Ear plugs
Plenty of cash (there were huge queues for cash points) although keep it safe on your body
Awesome friends :biggrin:

You say that but I saw the people in the queue ahead of me to get into the area have their wellies searched... (wasn't you was it?)

Anyway - my advice post download:

Take walking boots. Definitely do not get them out, go for one last toilet trip before driving off and leave them on your side meaning you have to walk around for the weekend in just a lone pair of trainers. :indiff:
Phone charging block is a necessity - even just checking stage times on the festival app and the weather forecast drains it down over the 3 days.
Tie ribbons to your car antenna - still got mine from the Leicester season and made it easy to spot.
Disposable cutlery and plates + bin bags - former saves on the worries about washing up, latter for putting muddy shoes/clothes into when transporting it back into the house for washing at the end of the weekend; and makes a good makeshift rain jacket when the torrential downpour means the raincoat and poncho still aren't doing much.
Suncream and aftersun - and use it. Even if the weather is dreadful: I still got sunburnt at download.
I wouldn't take any valuable things. You never know what may get nicked or what you may lose. I was also advised to take a secure pouch / bum bag.
edexcel C3 textbook
Dont forget your E's and Bud. So you get get absolutely smashed out of your face!
My brightest smile~

Gets me through the day
Gets me in the tents
And gets me in the bosoms of pretty pretty girls ~. O
Plastic bags are useful for putting muddy clothes in.
Portable charger from Amazon .
Perfume in a plastic bottle and hand sanatizer
Original post by Asklepios
ket.jpg

one of the essentials
Be sure take take some sunnies for the night time so its impossible to tell how mangled you are on pictures
Bring a bum bag, or a very small rucksack into tents etc! You honestly don't need much when watching bands play, and if you have a large rucksack then you'll get way too hot too fast (provides you're dancing/moving at all)!
Reply 30
Drugs, and maybe a tent
Original post by Jory
Drugs, and maybe a tent
maybe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending