Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    OP's correct though. Some contingents amongst the remain side will be quite cheerily dressing their arguments with these events, to their favor. We see it already, the false comments about what he said (now it appears he didn't say), as well as the abominable papers citing Brexit as a factor to this murder.

ReputationRep:
    this has to be one of the most distasteful threads ever on TSR :emo:

ReputationRep:
    I mean OP is being insensitive, yeah, but the backlash here seems a bit incommensurate..people are starving to death by the thousands every day, there is no reason OP should think to care for an MP they did not know any more than they would think to care for anyone else they don't know who dies. And maybe it isn't a pleasant thing to bring up, maybe it is very unthinking, but it is indeed true that an event of this nature could have an influence on people's referendum decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    I think you should take some time to re-read what you just wrote and what you insinuated right there.

And then perhaps you should take a good look at yourself.
    Quite right. This is the nasty, vile, conspiracy theorist, sick-minded, half-believed, routinely trotted out filth that has infected British politics for too long now.

People need to know it is unacceptable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    I mean OP is being insensitive, yeah, but the backlash here seems a bit incommensurate..people are starving to death by the thousands every day, there is no reason OP should think to care for an MP they did not know any more than they would think to care for anyone else they don't know who dies. And maybe it isn't a pleasant thing to bring up, maybe it is very unthinking, but it is indeed true that an event of this nature could have an influence on people's referendum decision.
    It would be distasteful but possibly may be arguable to say "this may influence people's referendum voting decision". But that is not what the OP said and not the reason that people are disgusted by him.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt Britain First support remain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    Completely agree the response on here shows how many emotional ****tards we have in the country

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    But I bet some are pleased about that MP's death. It could be a real boost for their vote, because she was remain. It's enough to even make me speculate whether there was some dark forces who knew it could benefit remain.

Will it tug at people's heart strings at the ballot box? I also have the really horrible feeling, I've already sensed them doing it on newsnight, that whilst of course while they'd never do it crassly and overtly, that they are appealing to sentiment about 'continuing her legacy and fighting for peace and unity' and stuff, sort of trying to make implications about remaining for her as though their mind is already attuned to the possibilities, and using it politically.
    I mean I agree remainers will use this to their advantage, they're already doing it saying, "is this who represents Leavers?" Politics is a nasty game and politicians are nasty players, can't put nothing past those lot. It's a horrible thing to suggest because it could be true you know. People are used to benefit politics because it's all about money and power unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    Completely agree the response on here shows how many emotional ****tards we have in the country

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because a lot of them are either remainers or just whinging for reps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    this has to be one of the most distasteful threads ever on TSR :emo:
    Nah. I think the one where the girl said she liked the taste of old man scrotum is far more distasteful
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Haven't actually seen it but I bet there is a thread about it
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Until she got killed I'd never heard the name. I didn't know she was remain until you just told me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    There is always a swing to the status quo in the last days of a referendum. If Remain win it will have nothing to do with Jo Cox.

ReputationRep:
    OP is correct tho. http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/18/leave-...-poll-5953294/ If you don't like metro do some further research, many news outlets are reporting the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    But I bet some are pleased about that MP's death. It could be a real boost for their vote, because she was remain. It's enough to even make me speculate whether there was some dark forces who knew it could benefit remain.

Will it tug at people's heart strings at the ballot box? I also have the really horrible feeling, I've already sensed them doing it on newsnight, that whilst of course while they'd never do it crassly and overtly, that they are appealing to sentiment about 'continuing her legacy and fighting for peace and unity' and stuff, sort of trying to make implications about remaining for her as though their mind is already attuned to the possibilities, and using it politically.
    Not so, it just proves Corbyn was right, a nuanced IN is how people should be.
    At the bottom of this after all the dust has settled we will see that the Conservative party bought us to this point and only the other day people were laughing at Corbyn's EU view.

This is actually Jo Cox's last 'message' , her last Twitter feed:
    https://twitter.com/Jo_Cox1/status/7...7ctwgr%5etweet

I don't think anyone could be callous enough to put politics over the death of a poor innocent woman

ReputationRep:
    There's been a sudden lead for the Remain camp. Obviously due to her tragic death. I think many people will vote remain out of respect for what Jo believed in and against far right groups.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredOrJohn)
    Not so, it just proves Corbyn was right, a nuanced IN is how people should be.
    At the bottom of this after all the dust has settled we will see that the Conservative party bought us to this point and only the other day people were laughing at Corbyn's EU view.

This is actually Jo Cox's last 'message' , her last Twitter feed:
    https://twitter.com/Jo_Cox1/status/7...7ctwgr%5etweet
    Actually, that was wrong, it does not "prove" anything. One isolated incident is proof of nothing. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aren't you the kid who pretends to have a psychology degree?

:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    This post is shameful. If anything, I have seen more shift of "blame" in this underhand manner onto the Remain side than I have seen of Leave. I personally see it as having absolutely no relevance to the debate as it was just an utter loon who did what he did to poor Jo Cox. It's a tragedy and everyone needs to just give her the respect she deserves and stop trampling on her death to win cheap points. Posts like these are prime examples of this underhand and sly attempt to shift blame.. Stop it. You look like a fool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    Aren't you the kid who pretends to have a psychology degree?

:facepalm:
    No I'm the man who does have one

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.