Ask the Speaker II

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Mr speaker, !igjt I suggest you start following the GD and stop posting multiple non government bills on the same day as this would avoid dead days.
    Or if government items are not forthcoming then two opposition parties can have the chance to have a bill posted.

There is already a queue of non-government items regardless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Or if government items are not forthcoming then two opposition parties can have the chance to have a bill posted.

There is already a queue of non-government items regardless.
    There is always a queue, hence why there are frequently days with nothing new

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There is always a queue, hence why there are frequently days with nothing new
    That doesn't stop debate happening on items that are already open, and it does continue.

ReputationRep:
    One Aye has been removed due to a double vote.
    Saracen's Fez How about TitanCream's change to aye and Andy's change to abstain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Saracen's Fez How about TitanCream's change to aye and Andy's change to abstain?
    TitanCream's change was to a No, but I will rectify that now.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, that's what I meant. Still getting used to being on this side of the barricade.

ReputationRep:
    So it's actually 22-25-3 instead of 24-24-2. You know, I think at least important votes like this deserve a bit more care…

ReputationRep:
    So it's actually 22-25-3 instead of 24-24-2. You know, I think at least important votes like this deserve a bit more care…
    It would have been easier to take more care had I not had notifications popping up from Cabinet ministers trying to chivvy me along.

Just saying...

ReputationRep:
    It would have been easier to take more care had I not had notifications popping up from Cabinet ministers trying to chivvy me along.

Just saying...
    … or not watching some football, revealing the results ASAP without silly reasons to postpone it, doing an early update, etc.

ReputationRep:

Didn't Andy say you didn't need to make a change?

ReputationRep:
    … or not watching some football, revealing the results ASAP without silly reasons to postpone it, doing an early update, etc.
    You do realise, I hope, it is a tournament that comes along once a year with each result being splashed across social media making recording it and watching it later borderline pointless.

ReputationRep:
    None of our lives are greatly diminished by the result coming out at 10:50 instead of 7:50. I'm just grateful it was today given that the CT had to be consulted.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any interest in US politics? If so, who do you think is worse: Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Didn't Andy say you didn't need to make a change?
    If it meant trouble for the Speaker-slacker (God forbid!).

(Original post by Kay_Winters)
    You do realise, I hope, it is a tournament that comes along once a year with each result being splashed across social media making recording it and watching it later borderline pointless.
    And it's the same every year—a couple of sissies with silly haircuts chase a ball around and manage to score two or three times in ninety flipping minutes… I'm not going to start a debate about the pointlessness of collective sports and irrational behaviour of their fans. He can watch whatever he likes, there was plenty of time before and after.

ReputationRep:

And it's the same every year—a couple of sissies with silly haircuts chase a ball around and manage to score two or three times in ninety flipping minutes… I'm not going to start a debate about the pointlessness of collective sports and irrational behaviour of their fans. He can watch whatever he likes, there was plenty of time before and after.
    Realised my slip up, once every four years sorry. I was too concentrated on making the point to realise my mistake. In anycase it seems either way you wouldn't see it as a reason

ReputationRep:
    Bit harsh.

---

Mr Speaker, whilst I maintain that your critics are generally more critical than is always fair there have been a few little errors on your part in recent times. Might I suggest you take the occasional break so that you're at 100% when you are in the Chair? ... On second thoughts...

ReputationRep:
    Bit harsh.

---

Mr Speaker, whilst I maintain that your critics are generally more critical than is always fair there have been a few little errors on your part in recent times. Might I suggest you take the occasional break so that you're at 100% when you are in the Chair? ... On second thoughts...
    *cough*three updates last night

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is something we should be discussing. Damn organised sports.

ReputationRep:
    *cough*three updates last night

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Triple the effort! :ahee:

Tbh that's less of a error than forgetting nominations imo. Sometimes the site messes up and you get the pre-sent page after you've sent the message. I've sent people 'duplicate' pms because of that.

ReputationRep:
    Might I suggest you take the occasional break so that you're at 100% when you are in the Chair? ... On second thoughts...
    It's always nice to see former Speakers offering good advice ... oh wait

Too soon?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.