Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is the actual point of having ten weeks off? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Vardy)
    I don't get it. Internal mocks? Are you in Year 11? Haven't you just finished GCSEs? Don't have a go at me if I'm getting the wrong end of the stick - I'm just confused.
    I'm currently doing AS material.
    So while we're finishing off mocks we're learning some a level stuff too ^-^ this like when most exams are done

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I don't see the point in us having ten weeks off. Wouldn't it be better to start learning A-level content?

I'm starting over the summer anyway.
    Mate, I'm just about to finish my A2 exams and if all you want to do is start them, then you need to take a long hard look at yourself and reevaluate your life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Googleboy)
    Mate, I'm just about to finish my A2 exams and if all you want to do is start them, then you need to take a long hard look at yourself and reevaluate your life
    Well, Maths is hard at A-level. I've heard literally every student complain of how hard it is and if they'd started after their GCSEs, I think they would have been helped massively. Even baby subjects like Psychology and A-level Fashion, people struggle with (however, it would be understandable not to do work for these).

ReputationRep:
    Well, Maths is hard at A-level. I've heard literally every student complain of how hard it is and if they'd started after their GCSEs, I think they would have been helped massively. Even baby subjects like Psychology and A-level Fashion, people struggle with (however, it would be understandable not to do work for these).
    I do maths, and I can tell you now that doing 10 weeks more work will make no difference to your grade. Enjoy freedom whilst you can because soon enough work is just going to pile on top of you

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I don't see the point in us having ten weeks off. Wouldn't it be better to start learning A-level content?

Make the most of it. A-Levels take up most of your time next year anyway.

ReputationRep:
    OP legit has no life and no friends.

That's cute.
    I'm at Warwick University and finished my last exam on June 1st, my second year begins in early October lol....

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.