ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    :facepalm:

I'll deal with you later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed-7)
    Is that all you can say? "We have full control of the rebate" Pathetic.

I just told you that we pay £280 million every week to the EU. We could instead use it to improve our own country. Period. Our country is not improving. Wages are getting lower, and jobs are at risk. We need our money back so that we can invest in our country and be able to deal with other countries.
    You said we get money back which we have no control over which isn't true. It was a reply to a pathetic comment which isn't true.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I do, we cant even do whatever we want anymore. We cant change the EU laws. You remain supporters are rubbish. Your in denial. Our economy is not improving at all while we're in the EU. Job wages are dropping, etc.

Did you listen to the 3 facts given at the beginning of the video? Those are the main important reasons on why we should Leave the EU regardless of what anything you say.
    We've been growing every year since the recovery from the crash apart from a blip in 2012, but don't let facts interfere with your paranoid delusions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36149185

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    You said we get money back which we have no control over which isn't true. It was a reply to a pathetic comment which isn't true.
    Ok then.

But doesnt change the fact that we pay £280 million a week to the EU which we could instead spend on improving our own country.

ReputationRep:
    Ok then.

But doesnt change the fact that we pay £280 million a week to the EU which we could instead spend on improving our own country.
    I personally think the economic benefits of EU membership outweigh our contribution.

Let's face it, we can debate the value of it till the cows come home but neither of us are changing our minds before Friday.

ReputationRep:
    Ok then.

Where has the £280 million come from all of a sudden? I thought Boris was banging on about £350 million of which we have a rebate and then finds spent by the EU on developing regions, farming subsidies and so on. But then if we are to remain in the single market, that will cost us. And the most balanced view I heard was that if the economy shrinks by 0.6%, that £350 million is basically spent anyway.

Either way, it is a claim that is rather misleading because the benefit of paying that money to Europe will only be fully realised if we did leave the EU. And I guarantee the effects will be wide ranging and unpredictable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Where has the £280 million come from all of a sudden? I thought Boris was banging on about £350 million of which we have a rebate and then finds spent by the EU on developing regions, farming subsidies and so on. But then if we are to remain in the single market, that will cost us. And the most balanced view I heard was that if the economy shrinks by 0.6%, that £350 million is basically spent anyway.

Either way, it is a claim that is rather misleading because the benefit of paying that money to Europe will only be fully realised if we did leave the EU. And I guarantee the effects will be wide ranging and unpredictable.
    280, 350. Whatever. Not much of a difference.

ReputationRep:
    If that is the argument, that having worked for a number of companies that export across the EU, I would say that £350 million is worth every penny. Also, as a employee, I have benefited directly from the rights workers have been granted by various EU directives, and as a consumer benefited from directives like the mobile roaming directive that has cut the cost of overseas calls on a mobile and air travel refunds for delayed flights.

Do you remember the time when it cost 50p to text you mum from France?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, the difference is only like 3.6 Billion a year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    If that is the argument, that having worked for a number of companies that export across the EU, I would say that £350 million is worth every penny. Also, as a employee, I have benefited directly from the rights workers have been granted by various EU directives, and as a consumer benefited from directives like the mobile roaming directive that has cut the cost of overseas calls on a mobile and air travel refunds for delayed flights.

Do you remember the time when it cost 50p to text you mum from France?
    You might have benefitted, but millions of your British brothers and sisters around UK are struggling with low wages, high tax payments, high immigration, etc.
    Too much money is being spent on EU membership. Its selfish of you to say every penny of £350 is worth it while your fellow British brothers and sisters struggle. We can do well without EU, much better. Look at the beginning of the thread and you'll see how we can survive without the EU. The lady in the video also explains it.
    I have also made my first post as detailed as possible.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    If we fall into the EU, we fall into a dictatorship.
    Anybody actually living in a dictatorship would be sickened by this ridiculous comparison.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Anybody actually living in a dictatorship would be sickened by this ridiculous comparison.
    I apologise if I might have offended anyone.
    Im just trying to let people know how much of our control we are giving to the unknown EU leaders if we remain.

ReputationRep:
    We can do this people. I hope everyone sees the thread and has a look at the vital unbiased correct information it contains, especially in the first post and below.
    Thank you to the people who have rated up my comments. I appreciate your support, and we can do this. I hope we can manage to bring everyone on TSR to realise the truth and Vote Leave.
    I hope we can continue supporting each other.

ReputationRep:
    The EU membership costs us around £280 million pounds a week. That's enough to build a new NHS hospital every week. We get less than half of this money back, and we have no control over how it's spent- That is decided by politicians and officials in Brussels, not by the people we elect.
    You really think the Conservative government, with full control of the UK if we leave the EU, will spend £280 million a week on new hospitals? :clap2:

ReputationRep:
    Yet if the Bank of England released a statement saying that Brexit would be unlikely to damage the economy, you would be singing their praises.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george_c00per)
    You really think the Conservative government, with full control of the UK if we leave the EU, will spend £280 million a week on new hospitals? :clap2:
    Its better than giving it away to another country who controls our laws, our borders, our taxes, our economy and puts strain on our lives.

The conservative government? We know who they are. They might handle the money, but at least we will have hope of it being spent on our country, right? And Im sure they will spend a decent amount.

However, We dont know who the politicians in Brussels/Strassburg that are taking our £300 million are. Their names are private.

And you know what? You know what they do with our money? They spend it on Hitech buildings with very very expensive material. The buildings look very very magnificent and very expensive. The cost of maintaining these builidings are in the millions. God knows what else they spend it on. It is all private. You can tell how greedy and horrible the people running the EU are just by looking at their buildings. They also use those buildings less.

Do you want proof? Here it is:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BasicMistake)
    Yet if the Bank of England released a statement saying that Brexit would be unlikely to damage the economy, you would be singing their praises.
    And what has that got to do with the facts and the video that I have posted about the Bank of England? Nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Its better than giving it away to another country who controls our laws, our borders, our taxes, our economy and puts strain on our lives.

The conservative government. We know who they are. They might handle the money, but at least we will have hope of it being spent on our country, right? And Im sure they will spend a decent amount.

However, We dont know who the politicians in Brussels/Strassburg that are taking our £300 million are. Their names are private.

And you know what? You know what they do with our money? They spend it on Hitech buildings with very very expensive material. The buildings look very very magnificent and very expensive. The cost of maintaining these builidings are in the millions. God knows what else they spend it on. It is all private. You can tell how greedy and horrible the people running the EU are just by looking at their buildings. They also use those buildings less.

Do you want proof? Here it is:

This movement costs £130 million a year, or 1/779th the cost of the yearly EU budget. This movement is minimal compared to the rest of what the EU get from the countries yearly.

ReputationRep:
    You might have benefitted, but millions of your British brothers and sisters around UK are struggling with low wages, high tax payments, high immigration, etc.
    With the exception of EU migration, all of those issues are under the control of the UK government. Leaving the EU won't increase wages or lower taxes, unless you are the super rich.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george_c00per)
    This movement costs £130 million a year, or 1/779th the cost of the yearly EU budget. This movement is minimal compared to the rest of what the EU get from the countries yearly.
    Maybe, but is it necessary? We've seen how expensive those buildings are which rarely get used, and we've seen the empty lorries.
    But the fact is this. They charge us £300 million a year, put restrictions on us, control our taxes, immigration, put strain on us, and we dont develop as we would like to. The leaders of EU are also private.
    This reason and all of the many other reasons that Ive posted on TSR are enough to encourage a person to Vote Leave.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.