Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebeccaslugocki)
    Oh that's good ! You had the midnight shift I'm guessing , I've got the 6am one >o<
    Awwwrh, good luckkk!!. Hope you enjoy it &let me know how it went

ReputationRep:
    I applied for sales consultant and haven't heard back they emailed about a week ago to say I've been shortlisted for consideration for an interview, and they'd phone if successful. The sale starts today though, so can I assume I haven't got the job/interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    I applied for sales consultant and haven't heard back they emailed about a week ago to say I've been shortlisted for consideration for an interview, and they'd phone if successful. The sale starts today though, so can I assume I haven't got the job/interview?
    Well done for getting shortlisted!! So don't worry. You may have been unsuccessful but it's okaay just keep applying and you will get it. I got rejected many times after applying at Next.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeeiqbal)
    Well done for getting shortlisted!! So don't worry. You may have been unsuccessful but it's okaay just keep applying and you will get it. I got rejected many times after applying at Next.
    Thank you! Well I'll try again next time, hopefully with a better outcome well done for getting in though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rannet)
    I have been working for Next for 2 weeks as part-time job. I had a contract for 3 weeks and they always told me that I was doing fine (usually worked in the stockroom, tagged things for sale and etc). However, today when I clocked out, I got a notification that my contract was finished and I do not have any more shifts (however, in NEP I had some shifts for the next week as well). I asked the manager and they told me that they do not need me anymore and thanked me for working there. I can not understand if I did something wrong, It seemed they liked me, but I do not know, should I blame myself or not. They told me that it was caused because of sales in this week and I was not the only one. Besides, I do not know when I will get paid. In contract, it is written that I will be paid weekly but they did not pay me yet even for the previous week. Does anyone know anything about the pay?
    They did this to a few people in the store I worked at as well, which was very annoying. I think what happens is they hire too many people for the sale which means some only work 2-3 hours a day, maybe 3 or 4 days and then it's over. You shouldn't take it personally though.

In terms of pay, they messed us about as well lol I don't have great experiences working at next. They didn't pay us for the induction, and for my first shift, the clock in system wasn't working so they tried to say I wasn't working, however, I told them to check CCTV which would show I was working and that I should get paid...obviously they couldn't say anything after that. They still didn't pay me though, I had to go in-store about 3 times, and argued a little with the manager demanding I got paid, which eventually I did. My advice, ask them to pay you asap, and if they don't, keep pestering them. I hope you get paid, and if you want to ask me anything,feel free to PM me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeeiqbal)
    Awwwrh, good luckkk!!. Hope you enjoy it &let me know how it went
    It was boring , they obviously hired too many temps so just had to constantly walk round trying to look busy arranging the clothes racks , the ship was pretty quite until 10am and then the last 2 and a half hours it got pretty busy , lots of things getting dropped so I could actually do something 😂😂😂😂

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.