0%
    0%
    12.50%
    0%
    < 60
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geo_)
    Yeah that's precisely what I did. Ok that's alright then, I can definitely cope with 1 mark lost.
    Although, because it asked for the time difference between the 1st and 2nd times they are equal, surely that will be the difference between when t=pi/6 and t=3pi/2 ? As 5pi/6 would be the third time they are equal to each other

Posted from TSR Mobile
    5pi/6 is smaller than 3pi/2 so would occur first but its only one mark so no major issueee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by username98)
    5pi/6 is smaller than 3pi/2 so would occur first but its only one mark so no major issueee
    Haha yeah of course sorry! Apparently my brain doesn't work on a Saturday...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a copy of the question paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geo_)
    Yeah that's precisely what I did. Ok that's alright then, I can definitely cope with 1 mark lost.
    Although, because it asked for the time difference between the 1st and 2nd times they are equal, surely that will be the difference between when t=pi/6 and t=3pi/2 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    t= 1.5pi isn't a root of that equation.

ReputationRep:
    The answer to the last part was \dfrac{2}{3} \pi, because it was the difference between \dfrac{\pi}{6} and \dfrac{5}{6} \pi - there was a root at \dfrac{3}{2} \pi, but it wanted the time difference between the first two occurrences, which are both when sint = \dfrac{1}{2}, as you can tell by drawing a sine graph.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.