The Student Room Group

Aqa p2 & p3

Scroll to see replies

lets just pin our hopes on the isa and paper 1, p2 wasn't that bad but p3 was bad lol, so you know the grade boundaries will be low too... idk where I'm going with this, lets all hope our isas and p1 will pull us through!
Unit 3, question 1b WHAAAAAAT
The Isas will be my downfall as our teacher is known to be harsh at marking them. I typically get a or a* on the papers but my Isas are a,b and c
Original post by Marshall Taylor
Unit 3, question 1b WHAAAAAAT

I completely guessed, what even is an electromagnet? Is it the wire around the iron nail that causes an magnetic field, then you can vary strength with the voltage/current through the wire...? :smile:
Original post by romansholiday
I completely guessed, what even is an electromagnet? Is it the wire around the iron nail that causes an magnetic field, then you can vary strength with the voltage/current through the wire...? :smile:

Don't ask me, I had no idea :biggrin:
Original post by Marshall Taylor
Don't ask me, I had no idea :biggrin:

4 people started crying in my school because of that exam, but even though I found it hard I wasn't too fussed because I'm not doing Physics next year anyway.
i didnt have the question about voltmeter resolution? any reason why?
the fact that everyone found it hard makes me happy because i found it hard especially as p2 and p3 i had a different teacher to p1 so i knew nothing

but the grade boundaries will be low so im cool with that:smile:

but hey guys!!!! most of us will never need to touch a physics revision guide again!!!!
Reply 28
Original post by z1820
That gives me so much hope 😂 I literally even found the calculations confusing.. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree! There were a lot of challenging calculation questions this year😭😭😭
Reply 29
Original post by CaptErin
Ach that's so reassuring; the only person I talked to after the exam was laughing about how easy it was and I cried in his face :/
I thought I knew the whole spec, I'd revised so hard and physics was my best subject, but I just fell apart in the exam and now I'm so worried because I was hoping to pursue it as a career, and I think I've thrown that away :/
Is it just me, or was it like none of the major parts of the topic seemed to come up, just all the little bits that are hard to remember and catch you out?

I agree! It was pretty difficult, and I need a B in additional to be able to do science in college and I feel like Physics is gonna pull it down😭
Reply 30
4 people started crying in my school because of that exam, but even though I found it hard I wasn't too fussed because I'm not doing Physics next year anyway.

They were crying? lmfao wow
Original post by Goldy69
They were crying? lmfao wow

Ikr - when I feel sh*t after an exam I don't cry because what's the point? lol
Please don't say I didn't revise, because I have worked my butt off for the past 2 years, and I revised very hard for both of those exams. I tried my best. So I'd advise you to STOP unnerving people, because I know I tried my very best in every exam I did in this GCSE period.

Do i care? Stop complaining and go and enjoy yourself, unless you do FM
Original post by 1jonam16
Do i care? Stop complaining and go and enjoy yourself, unless you do FM

Well you obviously care enough to respond...
Well you obviously care enough to respond...

(y)
it was hard :frown: I got an A* in my mock and had been revising for months, AQA were hard on us
I got 52/60 for my P3 mock, but now, I’m worried I didn’t scrape 40 marks. Yikes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
you're not a teacher. stop complaining. It was a fair test, I feel like all people do on tsr is complain about how hard it was, days after the exam has finished.

tough, should have revised it.

Ahhh of course, I forget that my 3 years on a Physics Hons degree, followed by a year PGCE, followed by 18 years as a Science teacher/Head of science/Head of Physics doesn't qualify me as a teacher. How silly of me to think that it did.

Still, as a teacher, we do at least learn to humour those who feel they know our jobs better than we do.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 38
If you are a teacher fine, but i find it nonsensical to think that you'd be swearing on a student forum. Also, you don't need to brag. If you were a teacher, I'd expect you to behave better and more mature. Have a good day.

'Crap' 'hell' and 'ass' aren't exactly the worst words in the world chill out
I find it offensive.

No-one is asking you to read it ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending