Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    GCSEs don't mean ****, really
    they MIGHT matter very slightly if you're applying for oxford or cambridge, but other than that, no.
    Oxford and Cambridge are stupid then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fish40)
    Oxford and Cambridge are stupid then
    well there you go, GCSEs are extremely useless
    they're basically what you'd need if you wanted to work for mcdonalds or something in my opinion - and even then, it's not essential. it's just a little trinket that says you didn't drop out of something.

ReputationRep:
    they're basically what you'd need if you wanted to work for mcdonalds or something in my opinion - and even then, it's not essential. it's just a little trinket that says you didn't drop out of something.
    A level exams are stupid as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fish40)
    If you don't enjoy them, then why do you care, don't take them seriously. If you enjoy a subject, then do it, have fun basically
    I like learning i just hate exams.

ReputationRep:
    not really, without them you could do no a levels

without a levels you couldnt find a very good uni

so they are still linked

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs don't mean ****, really
    they MIGHT matter very slightly if you're applying for oxford or cambridge, but other than that, no.
    I want to get into a good College

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HateOCR)
    I like learning i just hate exams.
    Same here, how did Einstein and Newton discover their fields, through doing physics with time limits?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaldrogo123)
    not really, without them you could do no a levels

without a levels you couldnt find a very good uni

so they are still linked
    you don't *have* to do well in gcse to get onto an a level course. I did badly in chemistry gcse yet I still got onto the a level for it.

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs are quite important, obviously not nearly as important as A-Levels but still important in their own right
    If you get less than what you were hoping for your ego might suffer especially if people around you achieve better results
    You'll have plenty of time to relax and procrastinate in the summer, now is the time to make a final effort with revision to make sure you won't be disappointed with yourself on result's day
    Good luck and I hope it all goes well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfram Alpha)
    I have physics and further maths left. Bleh.
    Exactly the same - OCR physics? and what did you think to today's Chemistry if so? I hated it!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jhuk510)
    Exactly the same - OCR physics? and what did you think to today's Chemistry if so? I hated it!!!
    OCR indeed. I thought it was more difficult than last years paper but it was generally an alright paper. I think worst case scenario I will get 70. Why did you hate the paper?

ReputationRep:
    OCR indeed. I thought it was more difficult than last years paper but it was generally an alright paper. I think worst case scenario I will get 70. Why did you hate the paper?
    I just thought C4's six marker was horrible, and also I thought that in general it was just much harder than usual, that's the general consensus around my school too! Oh well, onwards and upwards to physics! Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jhuk510)
    I just thought C4's six marker was horrible, and also I thought that in general it was just much harder than usual, that's the general consensus around my school too! Oh well, onwards and upwards to physics! Any ideas?
    That's strange since I found C4 6 marker the easiest (along with the final six marker)! But anyway, as you said "onwards and upwards to physics" now. I have no clue what may appear. I have yet to revise P5 and P6 tomorrow and do a billion past papers . If I make any predictions I will share them with you. Good luck .

ReputationRep:
    I have 2 more GCSE exams and i've already done 16 but im sooooo worn out i cant even revise anymore, everytime i try revise i get distracted, things dont go in my head and i get generally lazy, especially seeing that most of my friends have already finished their exams yesterday. Can somebody give me advice or words of encouragement because i seriously cant be bothered to revise even though ive worked 2 years towards these exams
    Keep going. A levels next. Then university. Then work 5/7 days for the rest of your life

Tryna make ends meet, your a slave to money then you die ieee

ReputationRep:
    That's strange since I found C4 6 marker the easiest (along with the final six marker)! But anyway, as you said "onwards and upwards to physics" now. I have no clue what may appear. I have yet to revise P5 and P6 tomorrow and do a billion past papers . If I make any predictions I will share them with you. Good luck .
    Good luck to you too! And I'm still yet to revise both of those units too!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys i just came back to the thread from last year. How did your GCSE grades go? Mine went fantastic? Also what AS levels are you doing this year?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys i just came back to the thread from last year. How did your GCSE grades go? Mine went fantastic? Also what AS levels are you doing this year?
    What did you end up getting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    What did you end up getting?
    4A*'s 5A's and 2 B's.
    Couldve done a little better but im happy, if you're a GCSE student id recommend starting revision late March.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.