Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    Well, for instance, many will quote the £350 million figure which is inaccurate. The actual figure is convincing enough to me though. The phrase "unelected bureaucrats" is thrown about a lot and while the process is indeed undemocratic, and a massive reason why I want to leave, this phrase and the rhetoric which tends to surround it clearly tries to instil fear/contempt/an "us vs them" mentality. Also the notion that we will be able to pretty much cut all ties with Europe and have effective restrictions on immigration, and have an unshaken economy seem like wishful thinking. But I think that economic issues are temporary, and we will at least increase independence if not gain it entirely.
    (yah I had to check my spelling of bureaucrats lol)
    Thought you linked bureaucrats because you thought I didn't know what it meant like lol I do know.
    All I know is UK pays too much to EU like billions, mate, and obviously that could benefit UK. Some politicians are just worried how leaving would affect their personal relations with other EU countries I bet because how can they not see the benefit, the clear benefit of the money and resources given to EU staying here? Now sure those resources makes it easier and cheaper if not free to move or stay or visit another EU country but come the **** on, who's doing that all day? I mean there's so many different branches on the Leave/Remain tree that I'm sure the average civilian can't cover on their own but my main concern yea is the unmanaged migrant situation ok? I'm not all into the fancy pansy stuff about tariffs and that, it's just the UK can't afford its own people because it's too busy feeding and housing everyone else, and they leave but what do they leave for us? I dunno.

And then people talk all this **** about the jobs the jobs the jobs if we leave, there will be so many lost? I wanna know who is losing these jobs? And what jobs these are? Because excuse me for being just a wee commoner but last time I checked if there's less people there's more job opportunity...and homes. Maybe these remainers who think they care about other people and feel so noble remaining have never been homeless or facing eviction but if you go down the council I bet you migrants especially them with a barn of children will get a place 1st, a nice one to boot. When the single English man or British citizen of any background gets nowt, sleeps in their car ini. It's really not funny.

ReputationRep:
    l'm voting OUT

ReputationRep:
    The EU , its not designed to look after people its designed to look after company profits, we can have a Europe but not like it is now. Dump trade barriers go for free trade = economic economy will grow.

As an example, Morocco had all fruit and veg exports to the EU halted last year (not for the first time) until they signed away their coastal fishing rights for pennies. The export rights were reinstated two days after they did eventually sign away their rights.

ReputationRep:
    Vote Leave leaders are pathetic, they have no plan at all for what will happen after Brexit. And then complain at the fact that the Chancellor of the Exchequer has made one to cope with Brexit. You've proposed multiple models which either do not grant you the sovereignty you promised the British people or leave us in a far worse position (1.9% reduction in GDP for EEA and 5.5% reduction in GDP for WTO, source: IMF). You create fallacies within your minds that you can spend the same £8.5 billion in multiple ways without costing the public purse. You treat EU immigrants as a scourge of this nation, despite the fact they have contributed £4.4 billion since 2016 and for a population of only 2 million I fail to see how you can blame them for every single problem the country faces, whether it be strain on public services or council housing. Vote Leave is just pathetic and should be left to the gutter along with UKIP and Britain First.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If I was born and raised in the UK and I planned to live there for the rest of my life I would vote to remain in the EU.
    On the other side, if I was born and raised in other country and I planned to live in it for the rest of my life and I had the opportunity to vote (no matter how fantastic this sounds), I'd vote to leave the EU.
    The very simple reason for this (at least in my opinion) is that the UK exploits the labor (and not only) of the other EU citizens.
    And of course this is good for the UK citizens, but not for the EU ones.

ReputationRep:
    Love to see so many students siding with Morgan Stanley, JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs, the 1%, the Bank of England and the massed ranks of the establishment. Isn't it amazing how many anticapitalists and leftwingers are manning the battlements for these corporations.
    If you are left wing and want to balance your source of information then please watch "Lexit the movie". the leftwing case for voting brexit. On YouTube.
    A real eye opener.😊👍

ReputationRep:
    Here is some information you should know about Brexit.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics...ritain-stay-eu

http://www.theweek.co.uk/eu-referendum

https://www.invesco.com/static/us/co...00c2f1bf0aRCRD

You are controlling your own destiny,aren't you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatiiEw)
    If I was born and raised in the UK and I planned to live there for the rest of my life I would vote to remain in the EU.
    On the other side, if I was born and raised in other country and I planned to live in it for the rest of my life and I had the opportunity to vote (no matter how fantastic this sounds), I'd vote to leave the EU.
    The very simple reason for this (at least in my opinion) is that the UK exploits the labor (and not only) of the other EU citizens.
    And of course this is good for the UK citizens, but not for the EU ones.
    So you'd just vote to destroy everyone in the UK?

That has got to be the most sadistic thing you can say

Are you at least going to substantiate that; substantiate your claim?

And what if the EU citizens choose to do that; choose to come here? Which most of them do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    So you'd just vote to destroy everyone in the UK?

That has got to be the most sadistic thing you can say

Are you at least going to substantiate that; substantiate your claim?

And what if the EU citizens choose to do that; choose to come here? Which most of them do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did not said that. Where did I say that I want to "destroy everyone in the UK" hahaha. I just said that it really depends and there are many points of views and I just pointed two of them.
    I also substantiated my claim. It's all about labor. It's all about economic benefits. Millions of people live in the UK not because they like it but because of the economic strength the UK has - the money they earn. Even many UK citizens that are originally from there don't like living there. So, what would happen if UK leaves the EU?
    * 1) Many migrants that have lived there for couple of days/months/years would have to leave the country if they don't get a visa.
    * 2) Many migrants that would want to move in the UK would not move, just because the process of getting a visa and any other requirements would take so long that it wouldn't matter if they move in another EU country. So, what would you choose? Wait for months to get any documents required to live and work in the UK or move in to another EU country where you could start working immediately, just because it's in the European union?
    * 3) Moreover, not only that many migrants live and work there but many work there for like a year and then, because being a EU citizen, their families move in there also. If UK gets out of the EU it'd also be hard to their families to move in.
    * 4) NOT only that, but IMAGINE how many taxes would the UK lose, which would mean that the taxes has to be raised in order not to get into economic crisis. And imagine how many UK citizens that live to get benefits from the working migrants' taxes would feel? Ohh, no. They'd have to start working like the other normal people.
    * 5) Furthermore, imagine how would the UK citizens that originally from there feel, when they have to do the "dirty jobs" (low payment, no favorable working conditions) that many migrants do?
    * 6) And not only that the whole atmosphere in the island is horrible with all this raining, but imagine how miserable would it look when it starts looking like a desert without all these migrants who bring up some form of life there.
    * 7) Of course, there are many other reasons.
    As I said, there are many points of views, but let's look at the facts to get the right point of view

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frackme)
    The EU , its not designed to look after people its designed to look after company profits, we can have a Europe but not like it is now. Dump trade barriers go for free trade = economic economy will grow.

As an example, Morocco had all fruit and veg exports to the EU halted last year (not for the first time) until they signed away their coastal fishing rights for pennies. The export rights were reinstated two days after they did eventually sign away their rights.
    So, the EU bullied a smaller economy into getting what they wanted....and you want us to leave ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    So, the EU bullied a smaller economy into getting what they wanted....and you want us to leave ?
    yes they did... did you not know that... Do keep up please

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.