Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnieGakusei)
    Heh, well that's what I thought and they still awarded me an E for a paper my teachers got back and said was worth an A grade.
    What?! Did they incorrectly mark it or was your teacher wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExamsAreOver)
    What?! Did they incorrectly mark it or was your teacher wrong?
    Three teachers for that subject agreed it was a top band answer. We'd already had it remarked and the mark had remained exactly the same. The same thing had happened with all the other A-grade students in the class, but the less capable students had come out with As.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnieGakusei)
    Three teachers for that subject agreed it was a top band answer. We'd already had it remarked and the mark had remained exactly the same. The same thing had happened with all the other A-grade students in the class, but the less capable students had come out with As.
    The problem with Edexcel is that it's the only exam board run by a profit organization. They want papers to be remarked, because they want money. However, I'll stick with what I know personally, and that is that it is easier. Just did my IGCSE's, I think I did pretty well, not looking forward to getting an E though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulaimanali)
    Thoughts and reasons?
    when I was at school I hated Ed Excel their slogan freaked me out as I wasn't expected to do well at GCSE but I'm graduate now so it wasn't the end or the world but at the time

ReputationRep:
    Love OCR MEI

Hate AQA

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts and reasons?
    I hate AQA - mainly after my science exams went to sh*t and I feel like they diverge from the spec 90% of the time, also french listening was so hard wtaf, they were trying to be hip with questions about selfies (subjects I do with AQA: Sciences, media studies, french)

Edexcel are alright, I quite like the layout of their exams, don't like their specs though which pretty much useless for my subjects but overall I feel like they're okay (subjects: english, geography, RE, maths)

OCR are pretty good! I used to hate them but my ICT exams were so easy, just common sense However, their mark schemes are kinda weird and specific.

ReputationRep:
    Keep it coming...I knew this thread would become popular!!

Interesting reasons everyone...

ReputationRep:
    AQA-Love them sometimes(Look at the easy chemistry papers)..Plus lovely layout/website.But a con is look at the weird questions they ask(B1 etc)

Edexcel-2016's been a good year for Edexcel.Fair exams tbh.I hate their R.E grade boundaries too high lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thats because its gcse's edexcel a level mark scheme is ********.

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel:
    -Maths and RS paper was good
    -They need to proofread though

AQA:
    -Likes? Absolutely nothing but that P1 paper was nice!
    -Dislikes? the human geography paper and the p2 p3 and basically everything else controlled assessment to

OCR:
    -Likes? the c1-3 and b4-6 was nice
    Dislikes? Section D, not being given an ions sheet, the B1-3 paper

ReputationRep:
    OCR's website is the most frustrating thing I've ever had to encounter, so I hate them I think AQA's the best as it has the most online resources and it's website is actually usable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetiemelx)
    Yeah thats because its gcse's edexcel a level mark scheme is ********.
    gcse edexcel a level? the hell is that?

ReputationRep:
    as someone who has done most of them .
    Edexcel, is the best, best exams end story. But their text books and stuff lack a little,.
    AQA has the most amount of text books and material and a smaller conscience syllabus but its sucks suck arse, worst exams by far.
    OCR, has the worst text books, its like a chold wrote them, not ways in the right order, but nothing too bad, Exams are okay, not as good as edexcel but better than AQA.
    Other exam boards are too small and lack resources, exam vary. WJEC, has some nice text books and its exams are okay ... but the grades boundaries are too high,since they lack the expert markers.

AQA just sucks arse . edexcel is the best by far. Ocr is in the middle. others are too small and lack ''experts'', so they vary and can be really easy or extra hard.

ReputationRep:
    Mixed views...so far, definitely WJEC isn't in favour..followed by OCR. Edexcel is sort of tyeing wth AQA.

ReputationRep:
    WJEC
    Edexcel and AQA are good ( well i think)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    WJEC
    Edexcel and AQA are good ( well i think)
    Lool..I've had less problems/complaints with Edexcel than AQA, could be because I do only 3 Edexcel subjects and 6 AQA subjects.

ReputationRep:
    AQA is best, OCR second, Edexel last!

ReputationRep:
    Like OCR, they do their subjects justice, though they can be harder, also they are run by Oxbridge so they sort of know their stuff.

I f**king despise Edexcel, they completely butcher Physics with their ridiculously stupid questions, not to mention they have such a childish layout. They also are a bloody for profit corporation that makes money bleeding schools dry with their exam fees, and then register as a charity to avoid tax, *******s!

AQA is alright.

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts and reasons?
    I prefer OCR for science, and Edexcel for maths, I hate AQA, their questions are so confusing,

ReputationRep:
    Dislike Edexcel for science, AQA seems alot easier and with edexcel I feel the spec is just really random? I do all 9 units and I find some bits are information are placed in topics where they don't seem to link so it's harder to remember random pieces of information that have no relevance or linkage

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.