Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bytheseasons)
    X
    I'm sure you'll look great no matter what you wear, have a fanastic time, prom's always a great night

ReputationRep:
    I bought a dress marked down from 400 to 140, and it was from a dress shop. All lilac sequins, and is gorgeous! I think anything over 150 is a bit too much tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luciie)
    £0
    (Original post by Starlight15)
    £00.00
    ahh did you decide to not go or have decided to use already owned dresses?
    either way, lucky you!

ReputationRep:

my purse is crying at the sound of those prices :O but i feel you i happened to have settled for the dress i bought which was a bit more expensive than i had planned but it was really the only nice one i could find
    my purse is too lol, i couldn't find any others! i also needed a very small size and all the nice (and cheaper ) ones were too big for me

ReputationRep:
    gah! where were you when i needed you! xD i really should've just consulted tsr before buying a dress it would've saved me so much money
    Awww, don't feel bad, haha. Chances are I still wouldn't be around because I was AWOL for a while!
    If there's any way of hiding the tags, you could always try and make sure it's pristine and try to return it afterwards. :teehee:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I got chocolate fountain stains all over mine and my mum managed to clean it out magically - and we still got a return! In Debenhams of all expensive places. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IfYouCanDreamIt)
    I'm sure you'll look great no matter what you wear, have a fanastic time, prom's always a great night
    aww thank you! I do hope so

ReputationRep:
    ahh did you decide to not go or have decided to use already owned dresses?
    either way, lucky you!
    I decided not to go, too much stress Have fun at yours!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rangzii)
    I bought a dress marked down from 400 to 140, and it was from a dress shop. All lilac sequins, and is gorgeous! I think anything over 150 is a bit too much tbh.
    wow! sounds amazing sounds like a bargain too!

ReputationRep:
    Mine cost like £60 and I thought that was far too expensive for a dress especially one that I never wore again.

One of my friends spent £2000 on hers tho :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazz_xox_)
    my purse is too lol, i couldn't find any others! i also needed a very small size and all the nice (and cheaper ) ones were too big for me
    awww don't you worry! As long as you like the dress, it's worth it Have fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mochassassin)
    Awww, don't feel bad, haha. Chances are I still wouldn't be around because I was AWOL for a while!
    If there's any way of hiding the tags, you could always try and make sure it's pristine and try to return it afterwards. :teehee:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I got chocolate fountain stains all over mine and my mum managed to clean it out magically - and we still got a return! In Debenhams of all expensive places. :rofl:
    Aha that's great! Your mum is truly a miracle worker

ReputationRep:
    Lots of people just wear a shirt and a tie and trousers ofc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luciie)
    I decided not to go, too much stress Have fun at yours!
    well you're not wrong i'm already worn out and i haven't even thought about hair and makeup yet! yikes. but thank you, will do!

ReputationRep:
    I nearly got a vintage 80s laura ashley one which was purple (it was honestly nicer than it sounds I promise) which was £40, but it didn't feel quite right though I did like it (I watch far too much say yes to the dress). In the end I got one which was £90, my mum was not impressed, but my shoes were only £20 so maybe that makes up for it? My best friend already had one which was about £35 but when she came shopping with me she found one that she loved even more, but it was £110. I'm sure her mum must hate me for inviting her, but she ended up with it in the end!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nomophobia)
    Mine cost like £60 and I thought that was far too expensive for a dress especially one that I never wore again.

One of my friends spent £2000 on hers tho :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i think i just choked. £2000 is crazy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoodGirlFaith)
    I nearly got a vintage 80s laura ashley one which was purple (it was honestly nicer than it sounds I promise) which was £40, but it didn't feel quite right though I did like it (I watch far too much say yes to the dress). In the end I got one which was £90, my mum was not impressed, but my shoes were only £20 so maybe that makes up for it? My best friend already had one which was about £35 but when she came shopping with me she found one that she loved even more, but it was £110. I'm sure her mum must hate me for inviting her, but she ended up with it in the end!
    aw that's great! Sounds like you've both got great outfits for the evening Hope you enjoy it!

ReputationRep:
    i think i just choked. £2000 is crazy!
    Ikr!!! I almost fell of my seat when her friend told me - the friend was laughing so much because she bought her prom dress for £20 from h&m :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nomophobia)
    Ikr!!! I almost fell of my seat when her friend told me - the friend was laughing so much because she bought her prom dress for £20 from h&m :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    omg that is truly incredible xD

1998RF IfYouCanDreamIt luciie nomophobia GoodGirlFaith

I've been looking at dresses too but most of the designs on the usual websites were meh for me. Then I came across this video and I saw this really beautiful dress. What do all of you think? Pretty?

ReputationRep:
    I got my dress for £45 but as it was a size 10 I need to get it altered as I'm a size 6/8 which is going to cost another £20 perhaps? although my shoes were what shocked me slightly, they cost £80 and I was lucky to get £5 off because the lady in the shop was very nice. However I'm very happy with what they look like and couldn't imagine anything more perfect for me ) hope everyone else has a fabulous prom night x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.