Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Name:  novel-microalgal-growth-sys-700x378.png
Views: 112
Size:  25.6 KB

i think its CO2 i put oxygen but it said in a closed system so i crossed it out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlinford3)
    ffs i wrote reabsorption too
    I thought glucose is removed by re-absorption in the first convoluted tubule?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR778899)
    swear the question was about how it was reabsorbed into the blood? I put Selective reabsorption against the concentration gradient through the tubules?
    Same I think it was re absorbed into the blood, I put exactly that too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roshna00)
    I thought glucose is removed by re-absorption in the first convoluted tubule?
    No, thats what i put but thats it reabsorbing into the blood, ultrafiltration is out of the blood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrlhyms)
    Name:  novel-microalgal-growth-sys-700x378.png
Views: 112
Size:  25.6 KB

i think its CO2 i put oxygen but it said in a closed system so i crossed it out
    Algae respire aerobically though

ReputationRep:
    did people get carbon dioxide for the growth of micro algae? because of photosynthesis? and 52.94% for the maths one? im annoyed because i talked about reabsorption instead of ultrafiltration for the 2 marker on glucose out of the blood
    I got carbon-dioxide and 52.94% as well. I also wrote about reabsorption rather than ultrafiltration. I can't remember what the question was.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No, thats what i put but thats it reabsorbing into the blood, ultrafiltration is out of the blood
    aaah I see. Oh well it's only a couple of marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J__)
    Algae respire aerobically though
    but plants dont grow from respiration, thats using up energy

ReputationRep:
    I really liked the paper! I'm so glad it wasn't too hard since I was at a gig last night so didn't get much sleep but I feel like it went really well!

ReputationRep:
    guys, i think we are right about the reabsorption because apparently it was "how is glucose removed from the nephron"

ReputationRep:
    I thought respiration always releases energy not uses and photosynthesis just makes the glucose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR778899)
    I thought respiration always releases energy not uses and photosynthesis just makes the glucose?
    sorry i meant it releases energy, but it said how do the micro algae grow in a sealed environment

ReputationRep:
    I was sure that it was oxygen, but I can't remember the question now.

ReputationRep:
    sorry i meant it releases energy, but it said how do the micro algae grow in a sealed environment
    I think they'll mark both right because a sealed container doesnt mean no oxygen

ReputationRep:
    It would need oxygen to produce energy for growth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J__)
    I was sure that it was oxygen, but I can't remember the question now.
    i was stuck on it for ages, it said " what gas would you supply to allow micro algae grow within a closed system"

ReputationRep:
    i was stuck on it for ages, it said " what gas would you supply to allow micro algae grow within a closed system"
    It says "supply" - You can still have oxygen in a closed environment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J__)
    It would need oxygen to produce energy for growth

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-06-20 at 11.04.25.png
Views: 166
Size:  235.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-06-20 at 11.04.25.png
Views: 166
Size:  235.2 KB
    Both may get the mark, as respiration releases energy as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan9909)
    I got carbon-dioxide and 52.94% as well. I also wrote about reabsorption rather than ultrafiltration. I can't remember what the question was.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I changed my answer from 52.9 to 47 since 170 X 0.47 is 80 but I'm not sure if I changed it from the right answer to the wrong answer :-(

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.