Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Prom is a materialistic, improvident affair.

ReputationRep:
    Quiz.com do amazing dresses and they have some on sale too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm so worried about my prom dress because I brought it in haste and my mum liked it but considering it now I hate it. Makes me look so fat and ugly and its pink too and it comes out instead of being closely fitted like I wanted it to be. I can't return it and it would break my mum heart :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mygcserevision)
    so girls, I have NO IDEA on how to apply makeup whatsoever nor do I have much. my proms in a little over 2 weeks so should I buy some makeup products and practice or book someone to do professional makeup on me? itll cost around £80 for the artist, do you think thts too much for one day and it being prom? and if I do buy makeup instead, whats the necessities you hava had? ive seen girls apply so much powder
    I'm in exactly the same situation as you tell me when you have a solution lol

ReputationRep:
    Promgirl ships to the UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamayesha)
    You should go to a makeup counter buy a few products and they should give you a makeover.

ReputationRep:
    Just gonna throw in some more support for asos; their free return delivery means you can buy a load and then find your dream one out of those, without ever leaving the comfort of your home! Do it soon though because their prom dresses are starting to sell out good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    You should go to a makeup counter buy a few products and they should give you a makeover.
    Oh like in boots and stuff?

ReputationRep:
    Oh like in boots and stuff?
    Yes ask the staff about how you could get a makeover.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Yes ask the staff about how you could get a makeover.
    okay thankss

ReputationRep:
    ayesha and mygcserevision it profits you nothing to get a makeup artist. you can easily learn some basic tips and tricks for makeup and if you were to get a makeup artist. £80 is a RIDICULOUS price. More realistic prices are £25. Also if you do get one PLEASE, PLEASE get a test done for FREE to make sure they are good at it.

You can learn basic tips on YouTube. I recommend you check these accounts:

GlamAndGore - look at the playlist for GLAM BASICS
    Sondjra Deluxe - AWESOME makeup
    Patrick Starr - BOMB at makeup
    MannyMua - super talented at makeup
    Rachel Leary - has a ton of prom makeup videos up
    Eliear
    Irene Khan - Is so talented
    Nabela Noor - for bomb makeuo
    Jackie Aina - if you are a WoC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blessingmariee)
    ayesha and mygcserevision it profits you nothing to get a makeup artist. you can easily learn some basic tips and tricks for makeup and if you were to get a makeup artist. £80 is a RIDICULOUS price. More realistic prices are £25. Also if you do get one PLEASE, PLEASE get a test done for FREE to make sure they are good at it.

You can learn basic tips on YouTube. I recommend you check these accounts:

GlamAndGore - look at the playlist for GLAM BASICS
    Sondjra Deluxe - AWESOME makeup
    Patrick Starr - BOMB at makeup
    MannyMua - super talented at makeup
    Rachel Leary - has a ton of prom makeup videos up
    Eliear
    Irene Khan - Is so talented
    Nabela Noor - for bomb makeuo
    Jackie Aina - if you are a WoC
    Thankyouuu! i'll have a look at all of them and try to practice beforehand. And yeahh, i can't afford a makeup artist tbh since i've gotta pay for the dress and the ticket itself and stuff

ReputationRep:
    I got mine from debenhams or try quizclothing.com A lot of the dresses on debenhams are also by quiz. They're really good quality and not too expensive. Thanks for the make up advice as well btw I never wear make up and my prom is tomorrow

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.