Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm Back people, what have I missed? Watch

(Original post by ethereal-world)
    quasa mathmagician

you really wanna know?

i was banned initially because I asked to be temp banned as the website was having a detrimental effect on my mental health. This is because I opened up too much in my blog and it left me subject to relentless harassment and abuse on and off the site.

The final straw was someone purposely baiting me about my Mental Health to see how I would react.

The ban was for my main account (Ethereal World) and the ban was an agreed black card for two weeks, I wasn't even near a temp ban in terms of community record, let alone a perma ban. Infact the account now has just one card (a black one)

Whilst my main account was perma banned I actually felt a lot better because there was less hassle/harassment and I used my dupe which I created back in February called Freudian Slit.

The CT, without my knowledge and without consulting me, then banned this account. They also made a thread in the Support Team area of the site telling all the mods to ban any dupes of mine on site.

Of course I confronted this- why they acting like I'm some kind of trouble making user? :hmmm: And surely they could have consulted me before taking this action? I also saw the mods 'grassing up' various dupes of mine they knew about. They were acting like I was a perma banned user who had actually caused problems on the site.

During my ask the CT they eventually agreed to UNBAN freudian slit because obviously there was no actual rationale for banning it in the first place..

Whilst I was unbanned I then was on the other end of what they call 'mod targeting' where basically mods remove your comments and card you at every opportunity. During one saturday evening the account got 8 cards (for really really trivial things).

I then wrote a statement to the CT, explaining why they handled my harassment badly, why the mods should stop gossiping about users, and how to control various aspects of what is ruining this site for a lot of us (especially all this uncontrolled dupe creation because they think e-mail validation is unnecessary).

Captain Jack then basically said I was lying and saying he wouldn't believe me unless I showed evidence and said my 'accusations were strong'. Instead of focusing on my situation he wanted to know about what mods had been gossiping and wouldn't drop it even though it was insignificant. a lot of the stuff I couldn't provide evidence for though because it had been deleted and they knew that and even though they could access it they didn't seem to be overly co-operative.

He then said he would have no choice but to anonymise my dupe account despite me asking him not to because whilst I had been targeted on the site and whilst it had affected my mental health I didn't particularly want this action to be taken.

He went ahead and did it.

The last time I interacted with the CT was in response to his lack of co-operation when I said that I could do whatever the **** I wanted and that i'm done trying to be civil with him when he runs the site like this.

IF he responded I don't know about it because I was then promptly IP banned from the site as well.

I then e-mailed him to remove my blog from the site and he took a week to do it despite me highlighting I didn't want this much information on the site without me being able to edit it. He eventually did it when my friend did an ask the ct and explained it. But he added the caveat that apparently they don't normally remove content. Anyone who has been on the site longer than a week knows that ain't true.

Since then I've become a serial dupe maker, getting banned for doing literally nothing but oh well.. Most people know this and know how bullshiet the moderation is so it doesn't bother me.

Zargabaath and FrenchUnicorn thanks for your support guys but don't get in trouble for saying the word ethereal :mmm: And feel free to copy and paste this if you want to explain the situation to anyone in future when this is inevitably removed.
    I request freedom of expression.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ETHEREAL :woo:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    I request freedom of expression.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ETHEREAL :woo:
    ETHEREAL WORLD
    :ahee:

#WeStandWithEtherealWorld

I know this will most definitely make me a pariah but idc

(Original post by ethereal-world)
    quasa mathmagician

you really wanna know?

i was banned initially because I asked to be temp banned as the website was having a detrimental effect on my mental health. This is because I opened up too much in my blog and it left me subject to relentless harassment and abuse on and off the site.

The final straw was someone purposely baiting me about my Mental Health to see how I would react.

The ban was for my main account (Ethereal World) and the ban was an agreed black card for two weeks, I wasn't even near a temp ban in terms of community record, let alone a perma ban. Infact the account now has just one card (a black one)

Whilst my main account was perma banned I actually felt a lot better because there was less hassle/harassment and I used my dupe which I created back in February called Freudian Slit.

The CT, without my knowledge and without consulting me, then banned this account. They also made a thread in the Support Team area of the site telling all the mods to ban any dupes of mine on site.

Of course I confronted this- why they acting like I'm some kind of trouble making user? :hmmm: And surely they could have consulted me before taking this action? I also saw the mods 'grassing up' various dupes of mine they knew about. They were acting like I was a perma banned user who had actually caused problems on the site.

During my ask the CT they eventually agreed to UNBAN freudian slit because obviously there was no actual rationale for banning it in the first place..

Whilst I was unbanned I then was on the other end of what they call 'mod targeting' where basically mods remove your comments and card you at every opportunity. During one saturday evening the account got 8 cards (for really really trivial things).

I then wrote a statement to the CT, explaining why they handled my harassment badly, why the mods should stop gossiping about users, and how to control various aspects of what is ruining this site for a lot of us (especially all this uncontrolled dupe creation because they think e-mail validation is unnecessary).

Captain Jack then basically said I was lying and saying he wouldn't believe me unless I showed evidence and said my 'accusations were strong'. Instead of focusing on my situation he wanted to know about what mods had been gossiping and wouldn't drop it even though it was insignificant. a lot of the stuff I couldn't provide evidence for though because it had been deleted and they knew that and even though they could access it they didn't seem to be overly co-operative.

He then said he would have no choice but to anonymise my dupe account despite me asking him not to because whilst I had been targeted on the site and whilst it had affected my mental health I didn't particularly want this action to be taken.

He went ahead and did it.

The last time I interacted with the CT was in response to his lack of co-operation when I said that I could do whatever the **** I wanted and that i'm done trying to be civil with him when he runs the site like this.

IF he responded I don't know about it because I was then promptly IP banned from the site as well.

I then e-mailed him to remove my blog from the site and he took a week to do it despite me highlighting I didn't want this much information on the site without me being able to edit it. He eventually did it when my friend did an ask the ct and explained it. But he added the caveat that apparently they don't normally remove content. Anyone who has been on the site longer than a week knows that ain't true.

Since then I've become a serial dupe maker, getting banned for doing literally nothing but oh well.. Most people know this and know how bullshiet the moderation is so it doesn't bother me.

Zargabaath and FrenchUnicorn thanks for your support guys but don't get in trouble for saying the word ethereal :mmm: And feel free to copy and paste this if you want to explain the situation to anyone in future when this is inevitably removed.
    Honestly, one word

PROUD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    ETHEREAL WORLD
    :ahee:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    #WeStandWithEtherealWorld

I know this will most definitely make me a pariah but idc
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Honestly, one word

PROUD
    Sorry about those 0 rep points guys :coma: but just wanna say thank you for supporting me and being rational and reasoned human beings who have faith in me and never gave into the notion that I'm some evil puppeteer influencing people

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.