Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So if you are over 45 no chance, though if you are a Russian athlete or want to play for the benefit of Manchester United or Arsenal possibly, and if your native language is Welsh it is not recognised. A job offer which can be then ended after a few weeks might get you in.

Nay

ReputationRep:
    Okay here we go.

Part 1

1(3)(iii) = This condition is a bit unnecessary bureaucracy. Especially for short term visa visitors, if I was a tourist I'd find this very annoying, plus the UK gets many visitors annually, you're just going to swarm certain stations.

Part 2

1(3) = This condition already makes me disagree with this whole policy. It's biased towards non EU white majority governments. It creates an environment which hurts overall diversity entering the UK. I completely opposed to that, if you want to truly want to restrict immigration, you would put a cap on all PR applications.

2(1) = What do you mean by "no wait?" A visa is produced then and there?

3 = I find the language to be a bit vague. "Outstanding", "extraordinary", and "exceptional." Who determines that? I think my maths lecturer is "outstanding," can he get a visa?

3(2)(i) = So those are the only examples where this condition applies? there is no "not limited to?"

7(4) = Does that mean that even with a verified job offer and contract I still need at least £10,000? Please clarify because I think that is a big mistake.

9(1)(a) = This condition is unclear and needs fixing.

Part 3

Firstly under the title, you said this was applicable to Part 4 visas, which are ALL the visas, even the visitor visas. Basically you are saying that if you're not from a rich country, you essentially can't visit our country. IF you leave this as it is, you're basically destroying the UK's tourism industry and ruining the economy imo.

1(2)(a) = If people from countries which have English as an official language don't have to write the IELTS, why doesn't this get recognition in the points system? Surely it should be seen as a good thing?

2(4) = Masters programs don't get any additional points? Most masters programs are postgraduate.

Just for fun, I scored myself. right now, (without an IELTS score), I'd get 25 points, which according to bill means I can't get any visa. When I graduate from my engineering degree, I'd get 40 points, can't get a visa. When I get 3 years of experience, I'd get 55 points, still I can't get a visa.

Part 4

Section 1

1(6) = wtf is this? You're basically blackmailing the government to abandon any ties with the EU or EEA, because they regulate migration, even though, in TSR land, local laws supersede any EU or other union law. So I believe this is an unnecessary condition, to one up the EU.

1(7) = "at their own cost" not "and their own cost"

1(9) = Wait what? Isn't this a contradiction with 1(6)? How can you issue 100 visas per year if you're in a political union which "hinders" you from denying visas?

6 = The language needs to be fixed, I'm not applying for the visa.

7 = Same problems as 6.

Section 2

6 = Same language issues.

7(3) = I think a "but not limited to" should be added.

Section 3

1(d)(ii) = Who decides what is considered a tourist area? Or these other areas?

Section 5

1(1) = Which approved countries? Section 8 is for a transit visa.

1(4) = £3500 is excessive for a visa requirement. Also the length of time permitted hasn't been stated.

Section 6

This doesn't even make sense if you're not from a white ruling nation.

Section 9

How about all the other nations in which its citizens could enter the UK previously without a visitor visa. So you're basically spoiling some of the good relations the UK had with some of the commonwealth members.

Section 12

This is not "article 13" this is section 12....ffs

1(2)(b) = A repeat?

1(2)(c) = This a bit harsh, basically anyone related with lets say a criminal cousin can be denied a visa?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This bill is riddled with grammatical errors, and hinges on reducing diversity entering the UK. Not just ethnic diversity, the cultural diversity that the UK boasts about. Currently this points system is applicable to all Part 4 visas, which are ALL the visas, meaning, they'll restrict British tourism to a small number of whites. Congrats UKIP, if you somehow manage to pass this, you have successfully created your white supremacist nation. But at what cost?

A big fat Nay.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by McRite)
    Okay here we go.

Part 1

1(3)(iii) = This condition is a bit unnecessary bureaucracy. Especially for short term visa visitors, if I was a tourist I'd find this very annoying, plus the UK gets many visitors annually, you're just going to swarm certain stations.

Part 2

1(3) = This condition already makes me disagree with this whole policy. It's biased towards non EU white majority governments. It creates an environment which hurts overall diversity entering the UK. I completely opposed to that, if you want to truly want to restrict immigration, you would put a cap on all PR applications.

2(1) = What do you mean by "no wait?" A visa is produced then and there?

3 = I find the language to be a bit vague. "Outstanding", "extraordinary", and "exceptional." Who determines that? I think my maths lecturer is "outstanding," can he get a visa?

3(2)(i) = So those are the only examples where this condition applies? there is no "not limited to?"

7(4) = Does that mean that even with a verified job offer and contract I still need at least £10,000? Please clarify because I think that is a big mistake.

9(1)(a) = This condition is unclear and needs fixing.

Part 3

Firstly under the title, you said this was applicable to Part 4 visas, which are ALL the visas, even the visitor visas. Basically you are saying that if you're not from a rich country, you essentially can't visit our country. IF you leave this as it is, you're basically destroying the UK's tourism industry and ruining the economy imo.

1(2)(a) = If people from countries which have English as an official language don't have to write the IELTS, why doesn't this get recognition in the points system? Surely it should be seen as a good thing?

2(4) = Masters programs don't get any additional points? Most masters programs are postgraduate.

Just for fun, I scored myself. right now, (without an IELTS score), I'd get 25 points, which according to bill means I can't get any visa. When I graduate from my engineering degree, I'd get 40 points, can't get a visa. When I get 3 years of experience, I'd get 55 points, still I can't get a visa.

Part 4

Section 1

1(6) = wtf is this? You're basically blackmailing the government to abandon any ties with the EU or EEA, because they regulate migration, even though, in TSR land, local laws supersede any EU or other union law. So I believe this is an unnecessary condition, to one up the EU.

1(7) = "at their own cost" not "and their own cost"

1(9) = Wait what? Isn't this a contradiction with 1(6)? How can you issue 100 visas per year if you're in a political union which "hinders" you from denying visas?

6 = The language needs to be fixed, I'm not applying for the visa.

7 = Same problems as 6.

Section 2

6 = Same language issues.

7(3) = I think a "but not limited to" should be added.

Section 3

1(d)(ii) = Who decides what is considered a tourist area? Or these other areas?

Section 5

1(1) = Which approved countries? Section 8 is for a transit visa.

1(4) = £3500 is excessive for a visa requirement. Also the length of time permitted hasn't been stated.

Section 6

This doesn't even make sense if you're not from a white ruling nation.

Section 9

How about all the other nations in which its citizens could enter the UK previously without a visitor visa. So you're basically spoiling some of the good relations the UK had with some of the commonwealth members.

Section 12

This is not "article 13" this is section 12....ffs

1(2)(b) = A repeat?

1(2)(c) = This a bit harsh, basically anyone related with lets say a criminal cousin can be denied a visa?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This bill is riddled with grammatical errors, and hinges on reducing diversity entering the UK. Not just ethnic diversity, the cultural diversity that the UK boasts about. Currently this points system is applicable to all Part 4 visas, which are ALL the visas, meaning, they'll restrict British tourism to a small number of whites. Congrats UKIP, if you somehow manage to pass this, you have successfully created your white supremacist nation. But at what cost?

A big fat Nay.
    A very good summary. I really don't agree with the principle of this bill.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Also, are you going to add some notes to this bill for a second reading?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This bill is in cessation.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Division! Clear the lobbies!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.