Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnterNamehereplz)
    Sorry lol I don't to many girls :s I don't understand why you weren't advised better? If I was you I would like at transferring to a different university a good one doesn't have to be Rusell group but Manchester Nottingham etc are all amazing universities and would accept you with your grades! If you can't transfer see the clearing list this year if not take a gap year get a job, travel the world, get work experience and enjoy life. Student finance can cover you for that one year and don't worry about that. Also if you do get into a good university it will improve your prospect and IMO degree doesn't matter it more the skills you learn. You will learn considerably more at a good institute. Hell you could go into so many careers with a degree in English Literature. I however have to say I find that subject horrible maybe because I am awful at it lol.
    Thanks for your advice, I'll bear it in mind.

ReputationRep:
    "I missed my opportunity when I missed my offer"

"If I was meant to go, I would be there now."

"I felt lucky to get an offer at all."

I feel that you are being too hard on yourself, and a bit closed minded! You deserve to go to a university which you feel happy at and one which challenges you and offers you everything you want and need. With your grades you could have chosen from a wide range of great universities and yes, you should have tried to get into them at the time but it's never too late. Often in life if you want something you have to make it happen! It's fine to think "what will be will be" when something is out of your control. However, sometimes it doesn't do any good to sit around thinking "if it was meant to be it would have happened", because that's not necessarily true. Sometimes you have to take control of your life! In my opinion you should look into your options in terms of transferring. I do understand the practical issues, such as ucas and tenancies but I'm sure you could look for a place at uni this year through clearing.

Of course it's your choice, but all I'm saying is don't rule out transferring just because you feel "it's not meant to be" or it's your own fault because you missed your offer/didn't do anything about it at the time.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellismall)

I feel that you are being too hard on yourself, and a bit closed minded! You deserve to go to a university which you feel happy at and one which challenges you and offers you everything you want and need. With your grades you could have chosen from a wide range of great universities and yes, you should have tried to get into them at the time but it's never too late. Often in life if you want something you have to make it happen! It's fine to think "what will be will be" when something is out of your control. However, sometimes it doesn't do any good to sit around thinking "if it was meant to be it would have happened", because that's not necessarily true. Sometimes you have to take control of your life! In my opinion you should look into your options in terms of transferring. I do understand the practical issues, such as ucas and tenancies but I'm sure you could look for a place at uni this year through clearing.

Of course it's your choice, but all I'm saying is don't rule out transferring just because you feel "it's not meant to be" or it's your own fault because you missed your offer/didn't do anything about it at the time.

Thank you - I am pretty pessimistic. However unfulfilling I find my course, I am very comfortable where I am. I have a nice house, job, good friends/partner, and I'm close to home. I don't want to completely uproot my life because I have some regrets and uni isn't everything I wanted it to be. I plan to go on to further education so I may just do an MA at a better university. I'll bear your advice in mind, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellismall)

(Original post by rfvtgbyhn)
    Thank you - I am pretty pessimistic. However unfulfilling I find my course, I am very comfortable where I am. I have a nice house, job, good friends/partner, and I'm close to home. I don't want to completely uproot my life because I have some regrets and uni isn't everything I wanted it to be. I plan to go on to further education so I may just do an MA at a better university. I'll bear your advice in mind, though.

Some good advice again I think you should be more determined and have a little more drive. Sometimes you have to take calculated but again its your choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rfvtgbyhn)
    ...However unfulfilling I find my course, I am very comfortable where I am. I have a nice house, job, good friends/partner, and I'm close to home. I don't want to completely uproot my life because I have some regrets and uni isn't everything I wanted it to be. I plan to go on to further education so I may just do an MA at a better university...
    This would be exactly my advice. When university doesn't match up to expectations It's natural to think that you would be having a much better time somewhere else. If you did transfer now, chances are that you would feel isolated, or dissatisfied in some other way. If you can stay motivated and keep those firsts coming in, you will have your pick of universities for your MA.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.