Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How was IAL C34? Watch

• View Poll Results: How did you find the IAL C34 June 2016 paper?
    Very hard
    18.52%
    Hard
    37.04%
    Okay
    29.63%
    Easy
    7.41%
    Very easy
    7.41%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yua)
    anyone have the paper/ms?
    Not yet but it will probably be available in 3 to 4 days. I'm not sure about the mark scheme. Instead, model answers will be available with the question paper.

ReputationRep:
    How was paper on a scale of 1-10 10 being hardest

ReputationRep:
    how about the Vector Question ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by majidabdul)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayman!)
    Well, it is a June paper so I see it being similar to June 2015 and 2014.

Correct, a = -1/4. I think the coefficient of x³ = 23/16.
    Are they usually much different?

(Original post by TheMadHatteress)
    OH MY GODDDDD that integration by parts one!!!! i got the answer you got, first then it seemed a bit fishy because there was ln^2 at the bottom idk what clicked in my brain but in a sudden moment of stupidity i re-did it as u=2^x and dv/dx= x

do you think I'll get a mark for this atleast? God I really feel like killing myself right now!!
    I think they might consider it if you didn't cross it out. Well at first I thought I was wrong but I kept getting In256-3/(In2)^2 and was like fudge it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by majidabdul)
    7 purely on the fact there are harder papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    Are they usually much different?
    Jan 2014: 100/125 (112 A*)

Jun 2014: 89/125 (102 A*)

Jan 2015: 96/125 (109 A*)

Jun 2015: 89/125 (101 A*)

Jan 2016: 105/125 (115 A*)

Take a look at the trend. The Jan papers seemingly always have high boundaries, despite being more conceptually difficult at times. 89 for an A is ridiculously low tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Jan 2014: 100/125 (112 A*)

Jun 2014: 89/125 (102 A*)

Jan 2015: 96/125 (109 A*)

Jun 2015: 89/125 (101 A*)

Jan 2016: 105/125 (115 A*)

Take a look at the trend. The Jan papers seemingly always have high boundaries, despite being more conceptually difficult at times. 89 for an A is ridiculously low tbh.
    And I was thinking of sitting my next batch in Jan :laugh: 89 is a gift from heaven
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I can finally be charizard :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Lots of silly mistakes coming in my mind. So long A* btw OP how do you even remember all these ? I assume you finished the paper super fast and checked everything from scratch? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chhhhelsie)
    Lots of silly mistakes coming in my mind. So long A* btw OP how do you even remember all these ? I assume you finished the paper super fast and checked everything from scratch? lol
    You're correct - I finished it in 1 hour 30-35 mins flat. :lol: I had enough time to redo each question. I can't for the life of me remember the trig answers though

ReputationRep:
    You're correct - I finished it in 1 hour 30-35 mins flat. :lol: I had enough time to redo each question. I can't for the life of me remember the trig answers though
    Lucky you, I guess doing higher and tougher modules makes C34 piss easy. lol

ReputationRep:
    I can't for the life of me remember the trig answers though
    All I remember is that, after the trig proof question, I got 2 solutions in pi's for the 1st trig equation and 1 solution (in decimals) for the 2nd equation.

ReputationRep:
    Any boundary predictions or answers?

Here are the few I remember - will add to the OP as people post.

Area of the triangle = 18√11

Time: t = 11.63

Inequality: 2/3 × (a - b) < x < 2(a + b)

∫x(2^x) dx = (8ln2 - 3)/(ln2)^2

Upper limit = 3000, k = 0.614, nearest integer for dP/dt = 9

Volume of revolution = 17pi/10

Binomial expansion: a = - 1/4, coefficient of x³ = 23/16

Trapezium rule: approximation ≈ 0.875, exact = -3 + √15, magnitude of error = 2 × 10^-3

EDIT: RIP LaTeX.
    are you sure about the area of the triangle :/ i got a different answer. please tell me how you ended up with 18√(11)

thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmed200705)
    are you sure about the area of the triangle :/ i got a different answer. please tell me how you ended up with 18√(11)

thank you
    From previous part, you had to make a triangle from cos theta and find an expression for sin theta, and then apply area of triangle formula and show your working as surds and finally get 18√(11), thats what I did.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't understand the upper limit question :/ , how do you find it out?

ReputationRep:

thank you
    ½|XB||XA|sinC and then checked by using ½|XA × XB|.

I didn't understand the upper limit question :/ , how do you find it out?
    9000exp(kt)/[3exp(kt) + 7]
    = 9000/[3 + 7exp(-kt)]

t → infinity
    exp(-kt) → 0

lim P = 3000

(Original post by SaadKaleem)
    Lucky you, I guess doing higher and tougher modules makes C34 piss easy. lol
    Nah, I'll admit. I didn't do any C34 over the year until last week when I started past papers from Jan 14. 1.5 hours a pretty long time when you compare it to Zacken who does them in 45 mins.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone post the paper or model solutions to c34 please?

ReputationRep:
    How difficult were the C4 questions guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edothero)
    How difficult were the C4 questions guys?
    I thought the C3 section was more different personally. The C4 section was standard - no tricky vectors or integrals. There was one rate of change that could have been challenging, but they pretty much guided you through it by saying "express this in partial fractions", "show that dh/dt = blah" and all.

ReputationRep:
    Model answers posted here.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.