Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rleah1998)
    I guess if they made the largest amount smaller then a lot of people would struggle but I think the government should look at each case more individually. I know they never will and it's too time consuming but the process is too general and too easy to abuse. I know quite a few people who have abused the system and got more money than they needed.

I do have 2 jobs but also worry that working so much at uni will affect my studies. It won't be so bad for me because I'm doing an Arts subject with a decent amount of contact hours but I have a friend in the same situation who is doing Chemistry and is worrying about having enough time for everything
    It's hard. Because dealing with it individually would be timely, costly and intrusive. The problem is no matter the system someone will always lose out or be worse off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mliela)
    It's hard. Because dealing with it individually would be timely, costly and intrusive. The problem is no matter the system someone will always lose out or be worse off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree With you there, thankfully next year I'm being assessed as independent after having a chat with my uni advisors. It's a difficult mess to solve!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.