Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

EU referendum: nine out of 10 university staff back Remain Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed-7)
    Who gives a sh*t? Im Voting Leave, and I hope everyone else does too. We need our democracy back.
    We havent had it in 40+ years. We can do this everyone. Ignore and screw the bankers, the biased experts and all the other rubbish. Lets not get conned.
    We have been in the EU for 40 years, and it is not working.

I'm going to send you a personal message on Friday after the remain camp wins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by govandpolitics)
    One sided buddy
    What's your response to his question though?
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    One sided buddy
    What was one-sided buddy?

Actually I guess it is one-sided at the moment because he hasn't given an answer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelstresss)
    I'm going to send you a personal message on Friday after the remain camp wins.
    If the remain camp wins, you will ruin this country, you will realise it yourself afterwards. We are already sending them £350 million, giving our laws away, have no control of our borders. Does that sound like a democracy? Absolutely not.

ReputationRep:
    Free speech- anjem chaurdry loves that
    So does Nigel Farage et al.

Death penalty- what wrong with it? nothing
    Unless youre innocent. As a shocking number of cases proved to be.

(Original post by Davij038)
    So does Nigel Farage et al.

Unless youre innocent. As a shocking number of cases proved to be.
    and the point your trying to make is???? bore of bud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    What was one-sided buddy?

Actually I guess it is one-sided at the moment because he hasn't given an answer...
    Ignoring us just like they do with the experts :l
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    and the point your trying to make is???? bore of bud.
    That if you are dead, because the state applied the death penalty to you, and later found innocent, you are still dead. Dead innocent.

Bud.

(Original post by jneill)
    That if you are dead, because the state applied the death penalty to you, and later found innocent, you are still dead. Dead innocent.

Bud.
    association bud.

(Original post by Craig1998)
    Ignoring us just like they do with the experts :l
    lol deluded remainer

ReputationRep:
    Who gives a sh*t? Im Voting Leave, and I hope everyone else does too. We need our democracy back.
    We havent had it in 40+ years. We can do this everyone. Ignore and screw the bankers, the biased experts and all the other rubbish. Lets not get conned.
    We have been in the EU for 40 years, and it is not working.
    The bankers are going to get much more of a free ride in Boris's Britain, he's very, very pro-City and pro-banker, as we know in London from when he was Mayor.

There is no reduction in democracy in Britain, this is a total myth.

I assume your real concern is immigration?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrangeBanana)
    wtf is "global intelligence"

is this a joke? he's presenting some statistics

apparently the facts are biased against the Leave campaign
    Global intelligence is the brain power of globe artichokes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 41b)
    Universities are a hive of degeneracy, marxism and trash. Global intelligence would increase substantially if they were disbanded
    You are a disgrace to every rational thought that has ever existed.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    association bud.
    wot?

Guilt by association is a fallacy.

Anyway this has zero to do with the OP.

ReputationRep:
    If the remain camp wins, you will ruin this country, you will realise it yourself afterwards. We are already sending them £350 million, giving our laws away, have no control of our borders. Does that sound like a democracy? Absolutely not.
    That figure of '350 million' has been disputed a laughable number of times by even leave backers haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    A dictatorship in which people willingly join and which we can willingly leave (hence the referendum) and has a high standard of Human Rights which prevents (among others) the rights to free speech, a fair trial, vehemently anti death penalty and anti torture. So not in fact a dictatorship.
    The EU prevents the rights to free speech and a fair trial? That doesn't sound good, we should leave

ReputationRep:
    lol deluded remainer
    Calling me deluded but not @41b who claims universities are trash (lets be honest, most people on TSR are either going to university, are at university or have been to university).

Also, you gonna answer that question?

(Original post by Craig1998)
    Calling me deluded but not @41b who claims universities are trash (lets be honest, most people on TSR are either going to university, are at university or have been to university).

Also, you gonna answer that question?
    UEA for example is a Marxist trash breeding ground.

ReputationRep:
    "£350 million per week"

Firstly, I believe this figure is closer to £190 million

Secondly, in return for this money we get access to the largest single free market consisting of over 500 million people. Trade to the EU absolutely dwarfs the amount we pay for membership. The EU is our largest trading partner, and if we want to continue exporting to them we'll still have to abide by their regulations which some so despise EXCEPT THIS TIME we won't even get a say in them.

I acknowledge that you could establish trade deals but this can take in excess of a decade to establish, and that's therefore a decade of uncertainty. And WHAT makes you think that any of the EU nations will give us favourable deals after we've literally just turned our backs on them?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAgKHSNqxa8

ReputationRep:
    UEA for example is a Marxist trash breeding ground.
    And the University of Manchester, for example, has helped nurture some of the brightest minds across the world, like Brian Cox, Niels Bohr and Alan Turing.

Still waiting on that answer. This is what talking to Boris Johnson must feel like.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.