ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    Is this a reply to this thread?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4177988
    durr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Yess! It looks wonderful :love:
    Haha cute! Thank you! Jels I see haha :love: It's actually wonderful tho, I hug it really tight when I'm upset.

ReputationRep:
    About 200lbs of adipose tissue.

ReputationRep:
    It's obviously the fact that she puts female instead of male in those annoying surveys....
    I mean DUH!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Nah. As a Christian you should know the main role is to carry children and nurture and support your loved ones...
    That's not in the Bible I read I thought the main function of women was to be glorifying to God?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    That's not in the Bible I read I thought the main function of women was to be glorifying to God?
    It's not about the Bible per se now. It's about the social tradition that often comes with religion. Most religious people can be traditional, and about the same things.

ReputationRep:
    It's not about the Bible per se now. It's about the social tradition that often comes with religion. Most religious people can be traditional, and about the same things.
    Social tradition is meaningless. The Bible says that the purpose of man is to be glorifying to God and to serve Him

ReputationRep:
    Social tradition is meaningless. The Bible says that the purpose of man is to be glorifying to God and to serve Him
    I'm talking about gender roles. Which are assumed by social tradition. Which are mostly followed by religious people these days especially. Not morality of the average human being...

ReputationRep:
    I'm talking about gender roles. Which are assumed by social tradition. Which are mostly followed by religious people these days especially. Not morality of the average human being...
    I don't actually believe in traditional gender roles per say, considering there were both female Judges (OT) and female deacons (NT) I don't think God has much care for them either.

ReputationRep:
    I don't actually believe in traditional gender roles per say, considering there were both female Judges (OT) and female deacons (NT) I don't think God has much care for them either.
    I don't necessarily care for them myself but I acknowledge them because so many other people who I have no choice but to coexist with live and decide by them. That being said nurturing and caring certainly isn't a bad thing to be asked to be, no matter the gender.

ReputationRep:
    I don't necessarily care for them myself but I acknowledge them because so many other people who I have no choice but to coexist with live and decide by them. That being said nurturing and caring certainly isn't a bad thing to be asked to be, no matter the gender.
    Maybe for women, I have a feeling that even now in 2016 there's still quite a lot of stigma against men being considered as caring or nurturing, even though that's what most Godly men have been in the Bible

ReputationRep:
    Maybe for women, I have a feeling that even now in 2016 there's still quite a lot of stigma against men being considered as caring or nurturing, even though that's what most Godly men have been in the Bible
    Really?

And if anything it's a stigma for women now because apparently asking that of her is "sexist"

ReputationRep:
    Really?

And if anything it's a stigma for women now because apparently asking that of her is "sexist"
    A man in a caring role such as being a nurse, child-carer etc (at least where I'm from) is viewed with a healthy amount of suspicion, or suspected as being gay. At the very least you must have heard that girls apparently want tough bad boy types, not nurses and the like.

ReputationRep:
    A man in a caring role such as being a nurse, child-carer etc (at least where I'm from) is viewed with a healthy amount of suspicion, or suspected as being gay. At the very least you must have heard that girls apparently want tough bad boy types, not nurses and the like.
    Just because there's some ignorant people floating around doesn't mean anything. Just as there as people who strangely find certain jobs as..."gay..." there are others who aren't subscribed to such an ass silly mentality. Doesn't mean it's a general stigma to not be a douche if you're male.

ReputationRep:
    Just because there's some ignorant people floating around doesn't mean anything. Just as there as people who strangely find certain jobs as..."gay..." there are others who aren't subscribed to such an ass silly mentality. Doesn't mean it's a general stigma to not be a douche if you're male.
    Nice guys finish last though, don't they?

ReputationRep:
    Nice guys finish last though, don't they?
    According to...? lol

(Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    Support, Caring For & Raising a Family, and Pro-creation & I guess the traditional roles.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I know women/girls have their women features but thts typical it's about the role & attitude.
    To me, that's a failure of a woman.

Come @ me ppl

ReputationRep:
    According to...? lol
    According to female sexual selection

ReputationRep:
    According to female sexual selection
    Well sometimes but...not always so...I can flip it and say no one wants a bad boy. I mean...in general girls, women, whoever want to be in a relationship with someone caring...I wasn't on about the actual employment of being a carer lol

ReputationRep:
    Well sometimes but...not always so...I can flip it and say no one wants a bad boy. I mean...in general girls, women, whoever want to be in a relationship with someone caring...I wasn't on about the actual employment of being a carer lol
    Then why do all the bad boys get loads of p**** and all the good lads get screwed over?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.