Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Note the included intention requirement.
    My bad, thank you for highlighting it ;]
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Note the included intention requirement.
    Lies are, by definition, with intent

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    I did consider the sick... but I decided that people could keep pretending to be sick if they wanted. or if their mother or someone is suddenly dying... I thought that it would be best to leave the CPS and parliament to decide when its in the public interest.
    reduction in votes i'm not convinced on but if a party or campaign lie the damage is done...
    and there is such a disqualification? although the devolved institutions should provably see this extended to?
    That's ture. 'The sick' is very ambiguous and people might be able to manipulate that by faking headaches or other ailments.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    That's ture. 'The sick' is very ambiguous and people might be able to manipulate that by faking headaches or other ailments.
    Indeed.
    Also barnetlad I would argue that if a lie has been found and likely to have affected the election result (why else would you tell a lie!!!) then there are 3 options:
    1) redo the election, but this risks more lies and an endless sting of elections.
    2) post humously changing the result in a way that accureatly reflects the effect on people.
    3) saying "oh well what's done is done"

The second might not be as democratic, granted but it is more democratic than 3 and far less problematic then 2
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This bill has gone to a second reading.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.