Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vish.handa)
    I put sulfur for the first question, I'm guessing i'd still get covalent mark but was there anything that specified it be p4O10? Dont think I read it properly
    The question said Na to P :c

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skylake)
    2Na + 2H2O --> 2NaOH + H2
    (Original post by EverydayHell)
    I did that, what did you put?
    cheers, noted.

dunno how i dropped a decent few marks on periodicity Qs i was too hyped to get into the meat of it. I put down S instead of P jesus christ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vish.handa)
    I put sulfur for the first question, I'm guessing i'd still get covalent mark but was there anything that specified it be p4O10? Dont think I read it properly
    Me too, I didn't read anything that specified it was phosphorus, but I am prone to stupid errors 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azzer11)
    Should have got around the 85-90 mark, taking into account the enthalpy questions that I messed up and a few other silly mistakes.
    nice one. u going for A*?
    i think ill just be happy to sit on my AS UMS and get an A. A-levels have tired me out now

ReputationRep:
    The question said Na to P :c
    Oh okay well at least got the covalent mark , just shame I didnt read properly haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anam)
    What did you all put for the autocatalyst qs where it said identify the catalyst?
    (Original post by JCleggy)
    Yeah the autocatalysis question needs adding^
    Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam240598)
    Me too, I didn't read anything that specified it was phosphorus, but I am prone to stupid errors 😂
    Well hopefully we can get a follow through mark for making correct equation for h2so3 (or is that too hopeful of aqa )

ReputationRep:
    For Q I said NH3 not in excess and the gas produced was NH4+, do you think this could still be right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hi-zen-berg)
    nice one. u going for A*?
    i think ill just be happy to sit on my AS UMS and get an A. A-levels have tired me out now
    I was hoping for an A*, although I'm not so sure after that horrible Chem4. And yeah aha I agree, I have just 2 more left and then freedom!

ReputationRep:
    cheers, noted.

dunno how i dropped a decent few marks on periodicity Qs i was too hyped to get into the meat of it. I put down S instead of P jesus christ
    I did sulfur too haha I feel the pain

ReputationRep:
    For Q I said NH3 not in excess and the gas produced was NH4+, do you think this could still be right?
    Don't know about that mate.. don't think so I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    Think your value of G is wrong, iirc it was around 185.5KJmol^-1 (I did not divide by 2).
    Nvm your value is probably correct, I didn't realise it was in degrees :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azzer11)
    I was hoping for an A*, although I'm not so sure after that horrible Chem4. And yeah aha I agree, I have just 2 more left and then freedom!
    loool im personally worried about missing my offer due to maths slipping to a B so don't have the luxury of thinking about A*s rn

BIOL5 and D1 by any chance??

ReputationRep:
    No that will not gain marks. Correct answer was a reagent containing carbonate ions, NH4+ will not exist by itself, and most compounds it forms are solids.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just for my own knowledge why not?
    Sorry put an explanation above^. NH4+ does not exist by itself, and the compounds it forms are solids (usually salts).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    loool im personally worried about missing my offer due to maths slipping to a B so don't have the luxury of thinking about A*s rn

BIOL5 and D1 by any chance??
    Biol5 tomorrow and Edexcel C4 on Friday :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isaisababy)
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...yFy7Ss84/edit#

full markscheme collabbed by tsr
    solid ^.^

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the unofficial mark scheme! Calculated and been harsh got approx 86 I'm happy!

ReputationRep:
    did the hydrogen oxygen fuel cell have to be in any order?!! Did it say positive negative electrode because i just did whatever order?? how many marks you think ill loose?

ReputationRep:
    what do you think the grade boundaries will be like?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.