Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

EU vs. Brexit: who are the backers? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    Another fool who cant read. I said dont vote in anybody elses interests, particuarly rich elite people in their bubble. It doesnt matter if they are remain or leave... Trump or Branson

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Meritocrat)
    x
    Pro-EU Crony Capitalist, self-serving cretins:

• Rothschild: this family has acted as if it runs the world since the 19th century, secretly pulling the strings/manipulating behind the scenes
    • Soros: this guy helped tip the UK into financial crisis, profiting hugely, during the Black Wednesday ERM debacle
    • Juncker: this guy is the drunk of a President of the EU Commission and has threatened directly the UK
    • Lord Sugar: "strange that Gisela Gschaider a 1974 immigrant from Germany is on the brexit panel telling us British what we should do"

Brexit Great Britons:

• Boris
    • Dyson
    • Cleese

Need I say more?

ReputationRep:
    When do the results come in? Is it live like the elections?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)

• Rothschild
    • Soros
    • Juncker
    • Lord Sugar: "strange that Gisela Gschaider a 1974 immigrant from Germany is on the brexit panel telling us British what we should do"

Brexit Great Britons:

• Boris
    • Dyson
    • Cleese

Need I say more?
    James Bond

/EndThread
    /EndPoll
    /VOTE REMAIN

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    Yes!
    The first 3 are not politicians.
    Are you implying that Trump is a real politician?

ReputationRep:

• Rothschild: this family has acted as if it runs the world since the 19th century, secretly pulling the strings/manipulating behind the scenes
    • Soros: this guy helped tip the UK into financial crisis, profiting hugely, during the Black Wednesday ERM debacle
    • Juncker: this guy is the drunk of a President of the EU Commission and has threatened directly the UK

Brexit Great Britons:

• Boris
    • Dyson
    • Cleese

Need I say more?
    Continue with the so-called Illuminati One World Government plan all you want, it doesn't matter.

The two biggest threats right now are Putin and Islamic State and both of them want us to leave the EU.

ReputationRep:
    Continue with the so-called Illuminati One World Government plan all you want, it doesn't matter.

The two biggest threats right now are Putin and Islamic State and both of them want us to leave the EU.
    Nah Putins fine. Hillary and ISIS are the biggest threats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsphysics91)
    Nah Putins fine. Hillary and ISIS are the biggest threats.
    Hillary's a worm but she's restricted by US political process. Putin has complete control over Russia and its assets not to mention far more nuclear weapons and plans to have his own personal super army as an extension of himself.

Also he just does not give a **** as is shown by Ukraine and Crimea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    James Bond
    Think you mean Daniel Craig e.g. arguably the most wooden James Bond to date, a man with no range, and apparently even less balls/imagination/belief in Britain. Oh, and a multimillionaire who doesn't have to deal with the fallout of failed EU policy. Kudos :cool:

Continue with the so-called Illuminati One World Government plan all you want, it doesn't matter
    One world government plan? You joke but that's exactly the way things are headed with this centralisation/domination by the increasingly harmogenised central banks/IMF institutions and their proxies

The two biggest threats right now are Putin and Islamic State and both of them want us to leave the EU
    Putin is becoming a threat largely because of what the US and KSA (and their *****es in the EU) have been up to in Eastern Europe and the Middle East. At any rate, Putin understands that the EU is not NATO, and ISIS understands that the Migrant Crisis is a fantastic opportunity to infiltrate Europe (and has stated it's intent/success in this area); I invite you to consider the same
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Think you mean Daniel Craig e.g. arguably the most wooden James Bond to date, a man with no range, and apparently even less balls/imagination/belief in Britain. Oh, and a multimillionaire who doesn't have to deal with the fallout of failed EU policy. Kudos :cool:
    And small business owners? Not multi-gazillionaires like Dyson or whoever.
    Just ordinary people.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5&postcount=18

ReputationRep:
    What about small businesses? Not multi-mega corporations and their billionaire owners. You know the small businesses that are apparently at the sharp end of EU regulations and red-tape.

Often these are businesses that don't trade that much outside the UK. So they aren't that interested in exporting their services. Some are plumbers, or corner shops, or the car mechanic down the alley.

Just earning a crust. Keeping going.

Their trade organisation is called the Federation of Small Businesses. They carried out a survey:
    11% of members were undecided.
    41% said Leave.
    47% said Remain.

So if you don't want to listen to Richard Branson, or the countless other experts and the vast majority of our democratically elected MPs. Listen to the ordinary small business owner. They might even be in a position to offer you a job some day.
    Quite interesting.. i took a look and what i found was small business owners where more likely to ideologically support the EU. HOWEVER

Only 34.9% thought it was good for their business whereas 40.6% thought the EU was detrimental to their business... given the ideological position of favouring the EU ... thats a pretty damning verdict on the EU being bad for small business and probably why you didnt post me the study

Interestingly, the FSB survey also found that the level of support for EU membership among small business owners is higher than the proportion that thinks it's beneficial for their business (35%, versus 41% who say it doesn't help them).

http://www.fsb.org.uk/LegacySitePath...15.pdf#page=13
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    Quite interesting.. i took a look and what i found was small business owners where more likely to ideologically like the EU. HOWEVER

Only 34.9% thought it was good for their business whereas 40.6% thought the EU was detrimental to their business... given the ideological position of favouring the EU ... thats a pretty damning verdict on the EU being bad for small business and probably why you didnt post me the study

http://www.fsb.org.uk/LegacySitePath...15.pdf#page=13
    And yet they want to Remain

Head not heart.

I'm surprised you didn't also pick up the date. So things may have moved on since Sept. We'll all find out later today....

Good luck.

It's going to be a long night tomorrow...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And yet they want to Remain

Head not heart.

I'm surprised you didn't also pick up the date. So things may have moved on since Sept. We'll all find out later today....

Good luck.

It's going to be a long night tomorrow...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Surely its heart over head.. More think its bad for their pocket but still support what the EU is about.. thats heart over head !

Yes i am sure they have, to which direction who knows haha

Thanks, i think leave will need it. Tomorrow is the first and probably last time i will excercise my right to vote

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IFoundWonderland)
    Are you implying that Trump is a real politician?
    Of course
    He could be the next president of the US

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    Of course
    He could be the next president of the US
    *shakes in fear*

ReputationRep:
    I'm sick of celebrities saying we should remain i haven't found one that says we should leave
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by thebearissquare)
    I'm sick of celebrities saying we should remain i haven't found one that says we should leave
    Ian Botham

ReputationRep:
    And small business owners?
    Two thirds of small business owners back Brexit, sorry mate. If, like me, you actually get out and speak to them about what the EU has done to their businesses, you'll understand why. #BelieveInBritain #TakeControl
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Two thirds of small business owners back Brexit, sorry mate. If, like me, you actually get out and speak to them about what the EU has done to their businesses, you'll understand why. #BelieveInBritain #TakeControl
    Source?

You mean small business owners like me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Source?

You mean small business owners like me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Probably won't have any source :lol:

"I DONT NEED FACTS AND FIGURES, I JUST LISTEN TO HOW I FEEL"

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.