Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How did you vote in the referendum? Watch

• View Poll Results: How did you vote in the referendum on Eu membership?
    Remain in the EU
    61.89%
    Leave the EU
    23.55%
    Did not vote/spoiled ballot.
    14.56%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Turkey is never going to be able to join in the shape it is in. It has been trying to join for decades. IT was stating to clean up its acts but has slipped into authoritarianism again... It will never be able to join how it is now and it is getting even more unlikely it will be able to join anytime soon with the way things are going.

Turkey will only join if it has cleaned up its act and is a liberal democracy with human rights, freedom of speech etc. That's the whole point. I guess you don't want to spread liberal democracy?

Deep down I do partly sort of want leave to win but that is the worse reason to vote leave.
    If you felt you had more reasons to vote remain vs leave then you did what was right by you. I've read both sides and I decided to go with leave. It's just upsetting as I was a closeted leaver and had to pretend I was voting remain all week....

ReputationRep:
    I am voting later this afternoon.

And I will be undoubtedly voting Leave, for democracy, liberty and long-term economic prosperity.

ReputationRep:
    Turkey is never going to be able to join in the shape it is in. It has been trying to join for decades. IT was stating to clean up its acts but has slipped into authoritarianism again... It will never be able to join how it is now and it is getting even more unlikely it will be able to join anytime soon with the way things are going.

Turkey will only join if it has cleaned up its act and is a liberal democracy with human rights, freedom of speech etc. That's the whole point. I guess you don't want to spread liberal democracy?

Deep down I do sort of want leave to win but that is the worse reason to vote leave.
    To be honest if the remain camp win you can be sure a couple things will happen.

1. TPP will destroy the NHS.
    2. The Central Banks will move into QE infinity.
    3. Police state legislation will come info full effect.
    4. House prices will sky rocket as more people flock to the UK.
    5. Britain will join the Euro currency.

And what will I do? I'm planning and moving to a super rural place. Most likely the Scottish Highlands.

The last place you want to live in a dictatorship is a place where people are struggling for resources. You end up in a situation where scapegoats are called out daily as people need someone to blame.

If your out in the mountains and not in a farming area there is very little the population can do to claim your the person to blame for economic woes.

ReputationRep:
    I've convinced all my family to vote remain. Going to vote later on. :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not voted yet, in the process of finishing packing and moving out
    Will be going the polling station around 8pm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Not voted yet, in the process of finishing packing and moving out
    Will be going the polling station around 8pm.
    You better vote this time

You're always moving house when there is an important vote...

ReputationRep:
    I voted out i believe it could be one of the best things for us.

ReputationRep:
    You better vote this time

You're always moving house when there is an important vote...
    Haha so true. Yeah I am definitely voting.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by 09craige)
    Why bother? Because I actually have some understanding of economics and know that to leave would be a lot better for our economy.
    Yep, I was right, fail.

The futures markets mean it's extremely easy to bet that Mrs Thatchers' second favourite economist is right and that leave would not cause a recession. As virtually every other economist and forecasting body says it will, the effective odds are very high too.

How much are you betting?

(Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    And what will I do? I'm planning and moving to a super rural place. Most likely the Scottish Highlands.
    You do realise that if the UK as a whole votes leave, Scotland will almost certainly have voted remain and two things will be inevitable: a second Scottish independence referendum, and independence winning it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm voting out as soon as I get home from work.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Me and my boyfriend voted to remain and my close family other than my gran voted to leave.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Remain

ReputationRep:
    Leave because it was 50/50 and I always bet on Red.. also because I like the word "Leave" it sounds like "Leaf" and I love trees so much.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't voted yet will be going with a bunch of mates and all of us are gonna be part of team remain.

ReputationRep:
    Voted Remain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    I betrayed supreme leader Jeremy Corbyn and voted Leave. It will be the gulag for me for sure.
    Corbyn is voteing IN about as passionately and sincerely as Boris is Voteing OUT.

ReputationRep:
    voted remain

ReputationRep:
    I'm not at the legal age to vote but my brother voted leave.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Voted Remain.

(Original post by nulli tertius)
    I went to this church hall sort of place, gave my name and address to a lady behind a tressle table. Another lady checked my name off a list and handed me a small piece of paper. I went into a cubicle made of plywood and placed a small cross on the piece of paper with a pencil that looked as though it would run out during the day. I folder the piece of paper and put it in a black box.

How did you vote?
    This is what i did, only it was a scout hut and it was a bloke who gave me my ballot paper after the lady took my name and addres.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.