Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    People have proved you wrong on every point you've made. You'll vote leave because that's the cool thing for you to do. There's nothing rational in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How arrogant of you to say. That is not why Im Voting Leave.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing rational in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    People have proved you wrong on every point you've made. You'll vote leave because that's the cool thing for you to do. There's nothing rational in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's not the cool thing to do, Remain is far "cooler" among people of my own age.

The Remain camp's points have also been refuted and Cameron's speech yesterday was borderline farcical. There will be no special treatment for the UK and it's arrogant of us to ask for it. Either we accept the whole deal, or we reject it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnieGakusei)
    It's not the cool thing to do, Remain is far "cooler" among people of my own age.

The Remain camp's points have also been refuted and Cameron's speech yesterday was borderline farcical. There will be no special treatment for the UK and it's arrogant of us to ask for it. Either we accept the whole deal, or we reject it.
    Precisely. You just conceded that you won't have a trading deal with the largest economic bloc in the world.

That was a prudent choice indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iknowbest)
    Going at dinner time to put my large X in the LEAVE box.. although we could get 90% leave votes it will still be fixed like the Scottish vote was!
    So if we remain it was fixed, but if we leave it was a fair outcome?

Makes sense :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Precisely. You just conceded that you won't have a trading deal with the largest economic bloc in the world.

You're so arrogant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    I feel asleep at 'My Reasons'
    same ahaaa

ReputationRep:

No, I was saying we don't get to stay in the EU and ask for favourable treatment from inside it, like Cameron's proposing. That's just wrong.

Trading with the EU from outside is, to my way of thinking, pretty much like trading with any other country or bloc, and it's what we will hopefully be able to do if we leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Roast)
    And why do you care?
    Whatever spam a lot

ReputationRep:
    You're so arrogant.
    You're so spam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed-7)
    Are you insane? That is how debts have always worked. Leaving or staying in the EU will have no practical effect on that, contrary to what he says - it'll at best exacerbate the massive trade deficit, owing to the pound getting destroyed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Whatever spam a lot
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    You're so spam
    You're pathetic :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Yep spot on... with great power comes great responsibility.. it has been the wealthiest and most influential people wanting to remain.. it wouldn't really take too much "persuasion" to fix the vote somewhat.. when they make it more transparent or even better digitally transparent ie a digital voting system that anybody can scrutinize.. and btw, this is possible with today's technology.. then it can be trusted 100%
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    So if we remain it was fixed, but if we leave it was a fair outcome?

Makes sense :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't be bothered going out but I'm rooting for you leave!!

ReputationRep:
    You're so arrogant.
    That argument was as strong as the Leave campaign's. Thanks for proving my point.

(Original post by AnnieGakusei)
    No, I was saying we don't get to stay in the EU and ask for favourable treatment from inside it, like Cameron's proposing. That's just wrong.

Trading with the EU from outside is, to my way of thinking, pretty much like trading with any other country or bloc, and it's what we will hopefully be able to do if we leave.
    But the EU is One of the countries with the most significant influence. From laws to policies - UK always had a frontal position. I don't get the point that the UK cannot help reform the EU. At all. Yes, you won't get favourable treatment for obvious reasons, but reforming the EU itself is well within the country's powers.

That would he naive. The EU is massive, and can secure the best possible deals with other countries. It would be no sense for other countries to place the UK above the EU and make renewed deals which are the same at now (ie either very low tariffs or no tarries at all). And that is to ignore the countries WITHIN the EU, which will not be able to make new trade deals prima facie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iknowbest)
    Yep spot on... with great power comes great responsibility.. it has been the wealthiest and most influential people wanting to remain.. it wouldn't really take too much "persuasion" to fix the vote somewhat.. when they make it more transparent or even better digitally transparent ie a digital voting system that anybody can scrutinize.. and btw, this is possible with today's technology.. then it can be trusted 100%
    So much for this "democracy" you guys keep demanding then...

ReputationRep:
    That argument was as strong as the Leave campaign's. Thanks for proving my point.
    Arrogant and sanctimonious.

I'm not arguing with you, I don't even want to debate, I'm calling you out.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/Universityo...message_bubble <- watch this video (if you want) - towards the end it outlines some repercussions if we vote leave.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you say the pound will be destroyed.. we have always had the pound and when we didn't convert to Euro's like the unfortunate Greece for one example, we have managed to sustain our economy.. even against the odds. The EU doesn't help our economy by letting in many, many immigrants that get into Europe and then migrate to the UK.. this simply put's strain on our welfare system, in many ways. Also, the money that we send to Brussels is an obvious deficit.. due to being able to sustain our trade partners or even extend our trade partners further being out of the EU, it could be argued we would actually do much better!

Being in the EU has a direct negative effect on our economy and we are actually keeping the EU afloat.. so we are not only paying for the British we are paying for many other EU countries that are struggling, due to the failing system!

Are you insane? That is how debts have always worked. Leaving or staying in the EU will have no practical effect on that, contrary to what he says - it'll at best exacerbate the massive trade deficit, owing to the pound getting destroyed.

ReputationRep:
    We will only have true "democracy" when we can help to govern ourselves more locally.. different regions in Britain require separate policies and procedures of dealing with local problems and finances.. it is the public that rule Britain and this is why it fails in many ways... we need more local powers and the public need a greater and fairer system in place. Everybody should be able to benefit, not just the few!
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    So much for this "democracy" you guys keep demanding then...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.