Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Whatever you cote, don't leave it to the old Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    I am truly sorry you are upset
    Deeply wounded :nopity:

ReputationRep:
    I'll vote later.

Incidentally, I don't think I've ever seen anyone else at my local polling station (voting that is, obviously there are the people admining). I do tend to vote after work at 6pmish though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Why would old people vote Leave when apparently Brexit will remove their pensions?
    The truth, of course, is not always what campaigners like to say.

ReputationRep:
    Just went to the polling station which was beset by a horde of [insert race], a fair few who looked like they were [derogatory/insensitive comment]

Why is ageism acceptable on TSR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Just went to the polling station which was beset by a horde of [insert race], a fair few who looked like they were [derogatory/insensitive comment]

Why is ageism acceptable on TSR?
    Because the average user age is approx 17-18?

I mean, the general consensus on here seems to be that over 23/24 = ancient

ReputationRep:
    beset by a horde of pensioners
    Looks like us old timers won the day. Apparently offending most of the population with prejudice/bigotry isn't such a great strategy! Who knew? :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Looks like us old timers won the day. Apparently offending most of the population with prejudice/bigotry isn't such a great strategy! Who knew? :mmm:

I don't know, it seemed to work well for Vote Leave. I didn't know you were a pensioner.

In any case, this isn't over. Who knows? In the future we may join again, and this time for good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elivercury)
    Because the average user age is approx 17-18?

I mean, the general consensus on here seems to be that over 23/24 = ancient
    Meh I'm 24.

ReputationRep:
    In the future we may join again, and this time for good
    We'll rejoin a European customs union, but it'll be a rebooted EU, and probably not the present one (been predicting it will collapse in the next few years since the Migrant Crisis intensified)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.