Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Tesco Student Transfer watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Togoo56)
    Has anyone heard anything about their transfer yet? I only have 2 weeks left before I move back to university and applied over 2 weeks ago so am getting worried
    I applied 1 and a half weeks ago and I'm going to university next week 😅. I've given up hope and started applying to other jobs.

ReputationRep:
    I heard nothing back yet, so annoyed

ReputationRep:
    Contact your target store and ask if they've received your details. IT IS first come first serve.

I just got an email today from mine, and I had to quickly respond saying my availability. As a result, I have now got myself a job there for the term. It took me exactly 2 weeks.

(Original post by Language student)
    I heard nothing back yet, so annoyed

ReputationRep:
    I applied last Wednesday and haven't heard anything back and I've only got like 2 weeks left at my current store :/ argh !

ReputationRep:
    My manager said that they were calling people from friday past there and we would hear by monday (today) im still yet to hear tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peppercrunch)
    Contact your target store and ask if they've received your details. IT IS first come first serve.

I just got an email today from mine, and I had to quickly respond saying my availability. As a result, I have now got myself a job there for the term. It took me exactly 2 weeks.
    That would be a problem for me because my timetable have not been finalised yet therefore I cannot tell them my availability. My last day at the current Tesco would be the 18th... My timetable get finalised after the introduction week (26th)

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything about their transfer yet? I only have 2 weeks left before I move back to university and applied over 2 weeks ago so am getting worried
    same as me, 2 weeks until i move, im really starting to worry as my student loan doesnt cover my living :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robert8x)
    same as me, 2 weeks until i move, im really starting to worry as my student loan doesnt cover my living :/
    I've given up all hope its been 4 weeks now with no response whatsoever... My manager emailed my two requested stores as well and heard nothing from them so I'm actually commuting 20 miles each way to stay working at my home store while I'm at university I'm also applying to become a Team Support so it might become worth the distance in the end :excited:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peppercrunch)

i wanted to transfer as soon as it opened, i applied, called all stores i applied for and now all roles have been taken and they have heard nothing of my application, so i then get an email from the transfer service saying your application has been delayed, so i was first and ended up last, all jobs are taken so thamks 'transfer' team now ive lost my job :/

ReputationRep:
    The more I think about this, the more stressed I am... urghh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robert8x)
    i wanted to transfer as soon as it opened, i applied, called all stores i applied for and now all roles have been taken and they have heard nothing of my application, so i then get an email from the transfer service saying your application has been delayed, so i was first and ended up last, all jobs are taken so thamks 'transfer' team now ive lost my job :/
    I'm so sorry to hear that and unfortunately it seems I'm in the same situation as you. I did apply late for the student transfer service yet I have really persevered and have spent the entire week ringing up various stores and simply not getting anywhere. One store told me they've got no vacancies and another told me to email this lady which I did yesterday and she still hasn't replied despite her colleagues apparently telling her I was going to email and this same lady promised on Monday to get someone to call back but she never did so rather given up hope with that. All the other stores are like express ones which won't even have vacancies so yeh rather given up. I also applied for a Tesco job at my chosen store last week but haven't heard anything back and I'll bet they won't even give me an interview despite the fact I work at Tesco so I've applied for loads of other jobs but they're all really competitive so I've started looking into tutoring gcse maths during my degree to make money instead now. Perhaps this would be a way for you to make money as well ? if you google ' tutor hunt ' you can make an account on their website and then you can search for students near your uni who want a tutor and contact them. You can charge whatever you want and the typical rate for tutoring is like £20 an hour which is much higher than any Tesco job would give us. Again sorry to hear you've lost your job but I've lost mine as well now so you're not the only one whose been screwed over by the transfer system !!

ReputationRep:
    I've given up all hope its been 4 weeks now with no response whatsoever... My manager emailed my two requested stores as well and heard nothing from them so I'm actually commuting 20 miles each way to stay working at my home store while I'm at university I'm also applying to become a Team Support so it might become worth the distance in the end :excited:
    Glad to hear you've found a solution for this. Unfortunately I can't stay at my home store as my uni is simply too far away to make that realistic but good luck and hope you get the team support position as well 😀

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    I'm so sorry to hear that and unfortunately it seems I'm in the same situation as you. I did apply late for the student transfer service yet I have really persevered and have spent the entire week ringing up various stores and simply not getting anywhere. One store told me they've got no vacancies and another told me to email this lady which I did yesterday and she still hasn't replied despite her colleagues apparently telling her I was going to email and this same lady promised on Monday to get someone to call back but she never did so rather given up hope with that. All the other stores are like express ones which won't even have vacancies so yeh rather given up. I also applied for a Tesco job at my chosen store last week but haven't heard anything back and I'll bet they won't even give me an interview despite the fact I work at Tesco so I've applied for loads of other jobs but they're all really competitive so I've started looking into tutoring gcse maths during my degree to make money instead now. Perhaps this would be a way for you to make money as well ? if you google ' tutor hunt ' you can make an account on their website and then you can search for students near your uni who want a tutor and contact them. You can charge whatever you want and the typical rate for tutoring is like £20 an hour which is much higher than any Tesco job would give us. Again sorry to hear you've lost your job but I've lost mine as well now so you're not the only one whose been screwed over by the transfer system !!

Don't give up on express stores! Many of the Tesco jobs in my area are Express jobs and I've just left because of uni and a better paying job so I did not want a transfer. Just think once the transfer period is over, many people will be quitting if they feel pressure or struggles with uni. But I do agree, the service of the transfer team is poor as my friend suffered through their lack of communication last year. I have heard that contacting Tesco on Facebook through private message will get you closer than any phone call to head office so try them and see if they can help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whiteelephant7)
    Don't give up on express stores! Many of the Tesco jobs in my area are Express jobs and I've just left because of uni and a better paying job so I did not want a transfer. Just think once the transfer period is over, many people will be quitting if they feel pressure or struggles with uni. But I do agree, the service of the transfer team is poor as my friend suffered through their lack of communication last year. I have heard that contacting Tesco on Facebook through private message will get you closer than any phone call to head office so try them and see if they can help!
    ah thank you but I have looked into express stores as well and there aren't any vacancies in stores close by to uni well I think there aren't anyways.... I think I will try messaging on Facebook actually thanks for the advice... in the mean time I'm applying for loads of jobs near uni/ on campus hoping I can get somewhere ! i have also applied for a tesco job but the store told me today they can't transfer me and that they've filled all their vacancies so thats not very helpful :/ I'll be handing in my notice tomorrow and my last day will be next friday and I'm pretty sure I can't ' transfer ' jobs once I've officially quit tesco

ReputationRep:
    I have spoken to my personnel manager today, he told me to wait a little bit longer. He said the worst scenario is that I won't be able to get a job near my uni but the current store can contract me for 7.5hr a day. During christmas and easters etc, I can come and work, while during term times I will be marked as absent (unpaid). Therefore I won't be losing my job... idk 😭

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.