Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    Switzerland is a small country yet it has the following:

1. Biggest corporations in Europe.
    2. Twice the average salary than Britain.
    3. Similar levels of income equality to Norway.

And your trying to say leaving is a bad idea? Rubbish!
    What Switzerland are you looking up to? One that got as wealthy as it was by harboring Nazi fortunes and the things they stole from Europe's Jews? That Switzerland? I don't think you want to look up to them.

Switzerland is an entirely different country from the UK, especially in regards to income inequality. Britain's archaic, class system is so deeply rooted within its culture that it will, short of some dramatic upheaval, never reach those levels of income equality.

You can't look at either Switzerland or Norway, because they are far more progressive, liberal, wealthy and independent in trade and economic matters then the UK, and are thus capable of existing outside of the EU. (Keep in mind that Norway is even in the EEA, which makes them need to pay into EU's budget and obey its rules without being able to make them.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Withengar)
    What Switzerland are you looking up to? One that got as wealthy as it was by harboring Nazi fortunes and the things they stole from Europe's Jews? That Switzerland? I don't think you want to look up to them.

Switzerland is an entirely different country from the UK, especially in regards to income inequality. Britain's archaic, class system is so deeply rooted within its culture that it will, short of some dramatic upheaval, never reach those levels of income equality.

You can't look at either Switzerland or Norway, because they are far more progressive, liberal, wealthy and independent in trade and economic matters then the UK, and are thus capable of existing outside of the EU. (Keep in mind that Norway is even in the EEA, which makes them need to pay into EU's budget and obey its rules without being able to make them.)
    Read this quote by a Remain backer.

This person says the following "You can't look at either Switzerland or Norway".

They are always trying to tell us what we can and cannot do just like the EU and their little Hitlers.

Well guess what I will fight for freedom till my last dying breathe!

I voted leave and I'm proud of it.

ReputationRep:

This person says the following "You can't look at either Switzerland or Norway".

They are always trying to tell us what we can and cannot do just like the EU and their little Hitlers.

Of course you can't look at Switzerland or Norway. They are far more advanced, wealthy and progressive then the UK is in most matters.

The UK needs to advance, it needs to change certain policies, it needs to more warmly embrace Europe and accept its place within the European community.

Your freedom is not anyhow infringed by the EU, you daft baboon. Maybe, just maybe, instead of putting your tinfoil hat on in the morning, look up EU's policies and practices, and discover just how beneficial it is for everyone in it.

ReputationRep:
    Of course you can't look at Switzerland or Norway. They are far more advanced, wealthy and progressive then the UK is in most matters.

The UK needs to advance, it needs to change certain policies, it needs to more warmly embrace Europe and accept its place within the European community.

Your freedom is not anyhow infringed by the EU, you daft baboon. Maybe, just maybe, instead of putting your tinfoil hat on in the morning, look up EU's policies and practices, and discover just how beneficial it is for everyone in it.
    I know how the EU works. Its a bureaucratically nightmare and totally anti-democratic. You won't fool me.

You sound like a Persian emissary telling Britain's to kneel and take their rightful place as slaves to the empire.

Sod that!

THIS IS BRITAIN!

Kicks you into the well!

ReputationRep:
    I know how the EU works. Its a bureaucratically nightmare and totally anti-democratic. You won't fool me.

You sound like a Persian emissary telling Britain's to kneel and take their rightful place as slaves to the empire.

Sod that!

THIS IS BRITAIN!

Kicks you into the well!
    Someone forgot to take their meds today.

ReputationRep:
    Someone forgot to take their meds today.
    See people. The Remain camp think you are mentally ill if you practice freedom & democracy.

ReputationRep:
    See people. The Remain camp think you are mentally ill if you practice freedom & democracy.
    This strawman that you're building, how big is it by now? Make sure it doesn't collapse under its own weight...

ReputationRep:
    Leaving the EU won't solve our problems! Vote REMAIN!

ReputationRep:

Just to let you know.... we're not Switzerland... or Norway

ReputationRep:
    US President Barack Obama has been accused of doing Downing Street's bidding - after he said the UK would be at "the back of the queue" for American trade deals if it left the EU...
    This won't just be America but other countries will do this as well..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelstresss)
    Well for example from mid July 2017, if we were to stay, we would become the Presidency of the Council of the European Union holder. This is something which we haven't had since 2005, and it means we can determine the agenda of the EU, chair meetings in the council, set work programmes and facilitate dialogue at council meetings. This gives us an opportunity to push for the reform it needs.
    Are you kidding? You know it's a six month rotating position, right? Of course you do, it's in the wiki page you copied most of your post from. Saying we should stay in the EU because in 12 months we get to run the meetings for 6 months is ridiculous. If you honestly believe that will result in any sort of reform you're deluded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan2012)
    Are you kidding? You know it's a six month rotating position, right? Of course you do, it's in the wiki page you copied most of your post from. Saying we should stay in the EU because in 12 months we get to run the meetings for 6 months is ridiculous. If you honestly believe that will result in any sort of reform you're deluded.
    Explain to me how we deal with Europe's problems when we are outside of the room then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrMackyTv)
    I would like to vote leave, and I like immigration. I just proved your hypothesis wrong, you see, most Leavers actually like immigration, it's just media like the BBC and others that indoctrinate you, to make these completely illogical, invalid assumptions.

Where did you get this from? I am actually staring to think this negative campaigning is working, what people don't get is that not even remaining in the EU will be perfect. Did we get the reforms we need? No. Will we get them after the referendum today? No. We were firmly told that if we decide to remain we cannot push for further reforms, simple as.

What has the EU done for our political, cultural and social issues? It's ironic because if anything it does not help with politics. 60% of our laws/regulations are made in the EU, why do we have to have these people make laws for us? We should be able to decide what laws we want because we have elected people into government. None of us elected them, not one of us.

You have just made the UK sound weak in this part of your post. We are not weak. In fact, the EU needs us more than we need them. If you have been watching the news recently Germany's industry bosses have said it would be "foolish" (yes, foolish) of the EU to impose tariffs on Britain. We are one of their biggest customers in the car industry, Audi, Volkswagen and etc. They cannot afford to impose tariffs on their biggest customer. That is like saying that Galaxy Chocolate bar is selling well, why don't we increase it?

Please just stop this scaremongering and constant stupid blame-games, it's really irritating and you're not changing anyone's mind about it.
    Most people like immigration. Very few people like the uncontrolled immigration in large numbers that force upon us less contributing members of society just because they are from the EU, as opposed to Australian doctors or Canadian nurses

(Original post by the bear)
    :five:

it's great to hear some common sense at last. your analysis is in tune with that of the great economist George Soros:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...s-george-soros
    soros should be in prison.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    What does this have to do with the EU? That's entirely the decision of our government. If we leave the EU you still won't get funding for a masters in the UK...

People seem to have deluded themselves into thinking the EU causes all these problems, because nobody wants to admit they elected a **** government.
    Its not funding, its just another ten k loan over the other 20k. Its just that when I checked every database last year and the year before you could not get any funding for any masters but if you lived in another country it was a different story, and in this day and age we should all be equal, if one country getsfunding then the other countries should get the same.

If we were going to chair of EU then why hasn`t this been stated in the news, live debates or in leaflets.

ReputationRep:
    Remain is going to win anyway- don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

The EU is a catastrophe in its current form.

ReputationRep:

Except both Switzerland and Norway have to follow most EU laws, including the freedom of movement. Now Switzerland will not be following the law of freedom of movement from 2017, the EU will be reconsidering its relationship with them, just as it will with the UK if it leaves.

ReputationRep:

You're such an amazing Englishman(!)

ReputationRep:
    I voted to leave!!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.