Turn on thread page Beta

What newspaper do you read? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eddiedaboss)
    I read the Daily Express as its not a low life paper (eg The Sun) yet also not too intensive to read (eg The Times).
    You find the The Times intensive to read?! Is english not your first language or something?

Earn a modicum of sophistication and read a proper paper. The mirror, express and sun are all as "low life" as each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amex)
    You find the The Times intensive to read?! Is english not your first language or something?

Earn a modicum of sophistication and read a proper paper. The mirror, express and sun are all as "low life" as each other.
    That's harsh! lol

I agree that the Times is kind of boring but I wouldn't lower myself into reading the Sun or the Mirror simply because the topics just bore me. When I read a newspaper I want to know what's happening in the world but it's a more pleasant experience if the layout is nice and the articles aren't yawn-inducing.

The Sun and the Mirror are just pieces of intolerant and racist shite. I don't understand why anyone would want to read them. It's the kind of newspaper that spoonfeeds you, tells you that there are too many asylum seekers, tells you that all Germans are Nazis and if it's for page 3, there's always www.page3.com

ReputationRep:
    Metro-the London Underground newspaper, if you can call it a newspaper, it's great!

Also the two local papers I get posted through the letterbox every week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaman)
    http://www.uk-learning.net/t36669.html
    and even earlier:

http://www.uk-learning.net/t10859.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    I sometimes read Le Monde but it's so bloody anti-american that it just annoys me every time I read it. Every article has a sly little comment that they probably think is really clever.
    yes! did you read the 'Fahrenheit 9/11' review?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eddiedaboss)
    I read the Daily Express as its not a low life paper (eg The Sun) yet also not too intensive to read (eg The Times).

My days of reading the Daily Mirror came to an end after I realised that all I am reading about is pure and utter cheese. I don't give a crap if Huge Grant is holidaying in Greece or if Jordan has had more plastic surgery.
    No local papers that come through the letter box...mainly "The Gaurdian","The Times" and "The Independant"...I'm absolutely addicted to Gaurdian's weekender...it keeps me occupied for saturday afternoons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    No local papers that come through the letter box...mainly "The Gaurdian","The Times" and "The Independant"...
    i dont like the way they have made the Times and the Guardian into tabloids. Duno why though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    i dont like the way they have made the Times and the Guardian into tabloids. Duno why though...
    Yeah, in a way they have lost that original touch...

ReputationRep:
    Probably wont count, but I read the Courier Mail, the Brizzie paper.

ReputationRep:
    i read the guardian, le monde und der spiegel

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.