Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

And a happy Independence Day to everyone... :D Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    They thought this was 'scaremonging' before. As bad as I feel to say this, it will be an enjoyable experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I feel bad for the poor working class demographic of Brexiters who will undoubtedly suffer the most from this, because they put their faith in a plan from which they have nothing to gain and a lot to lose. This is a sad, sad day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    ^^
    It will be so great!

- Illegal immigration and immigration from different cultures will increase (which I know you've all been campaigning for)
    - The value of the pound will go down and stay down (but the pound will now be extra british, which is what counts right?)
    - We will now have no say on what happens in the eu which means they can still do stuff that affects us but we have no negotiation or veto powers.
    - All the EU investment will dry up. (but it's fine because all that money being put into deprived economies was unpatriotic, right?)
    - Oh yeah and that border into our country you all hated in Calais? It will now be in Dover. By which point they will have claimed asylum and you will be unable to deport them.

Enjoy

xxxxx

Yay! I really didn't expect this!

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually impressed that so many people in the UK voted to leave the EU. I was sure that Obama and the US Banks had intimidated everyone into voting to remain a few days ago.

I don't really know what the economic impact will be, but I am glad to see that so many of you value your sovereignty enough to accept the potential consequences of leaving the EU. There should be principles people stand for that are more important than wealth alone. Sacrificing that degree of political control over one's own country for money just doesn't sound like a good trade.

You've sent a strong message today, and I like that message. I just hope it inspires other countries and other people to fight back against systems like the EU. It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if the EU were dissolved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    I wonder if people will sing the National Anthem every 24th of June from now on to celebrate independence...
    Jeremy Corbyn won't haha
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    They thought this was 'scaremonging' before. As bad as I feel to say this, it will be an enjoyable experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It obviously wasn't. The leave campaign just knew that the reality of the situation didn't support them so told people to ignore the facts because who needs experts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Long face bcos Brexit is racist armageddon where Farage and Trump unleash WWIII and even worse say very nasty things to people
    I can never tell if you are joking or not

ReputationRep:
    Well done Britain. We can use our new found freedom to become the largest country in Europe.

(Original post by The_Opinion)
    I can never tell if you are joking or not
    Neither can I

(Original post by Quantex)
    Well done Britain. We can use our new found freedom to become the largest country in Europe.

Germans call us GroBbrittanian for a reason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    I feel bad for the poor working class demographic of Brexiters who will undoubtedly suffer the most from this, because they put their faith in a plan from which they have nothing to gain and a lot to lose. This is a sad, sad day.
    Most poor working class people in this country don't have a lot to lose.

Thats partly why they voted for leave of course.

ReputationRep:
    Happy Independence Day to you all

Time to make today a national holiday in celebration

ReputationRep:
    RIP United Kingdom

ReputationRep:
    triggered

ReputationRep:
    Is this actually going to become a holiday

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, but let's not get carrier away, this is, in reality, something of a sombre occasion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d14m)
    Is this actually going to become a holiday

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, it's hardly an Independence Day, Britain was always a sovereign state

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Thanks, but let's not get carrier away, this is, in reality, something of a sombre occasion
    I was just making a semi provocative post; not being entirely serious. (Well not being serious period.)

It is, and you were right to make a post about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Praise be to the Lord!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed-7)
    You too mate. We did it and we CAN do it.
    What are your thoughts on the pound dropping by 10%?

ReputationRep:
    **** off

Never been so pissed off before

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.