Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celloel)
    You disagree with the vote. Good for you - but your bitterness is not what is needed. We need to stick together to create a plan for the future. You cannot say for certain that anything you are saying is true - neither can leave. Stop spouting your fear-mongering; it is pathetic.

Also, calling leavers xenophobes is utterly ridiculous. For one, we are not against immigration - I support immigration and understand our country needs it. I AM against uncontrolled immigration. There is a huge difference; understand that.

PS: It's not £150 million, it's £9 billion a year NET we will save.
    I can't say for certain?

You do realize we've now voted out? The pound is at the lowest level since 1985. That's certain. It's already happened. We haven't even left the EU yet and our economy is falling to bits.

Even as its happening you're trying to dismiss it as fear mongering. Incredible.

We need to stick together? Maybe you should've thought about sticking together before voting to shut the rest of the world out? Nah, I'm not sticking together with anyone. You voted for this, you can deal with it. I'm getting off this sinking ship as soon as I can.

ReputationRep:
    Little England? You need to actually shut up. The vote is done. Stop with your fear-mongering. Remain lost - now it's time to look to the future.
    As a said before - stop looking at 6 hours of market impact on a generational issue.
    What future😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    I can't say for certain?

You do realize we've now voted out? The pound is at the lowest level since 1985. That's certain. It's already happened. We haven't even left the EU yet and our economy is falling to bits.

Even as its happening you're trying to dismiss it as fear mongering. Incredible.

We need to stick together? Maybe you should've thought about sticking together before voting to shut the rest of the world out? Nah, I'm not sticking together with anyone. You voted for this, you can deal with it. I'm getting off this sinking ship as soon as I can.
    You're an absolute idiot. The pound has fallen, yes, but you're focusing 6 hours of market impact on a generational issue. It will bounce back - if you don't think so you don't understand history.

We are NOT shutting the rest of the world out. Honestly, where do remain voters get their ******** from? Voting to leave is not about running away from the world, it is joining the wider world outside of the EU. It is gaining our right to democracy whilst moving on from a failing political union.

I'm glad the majority of the country are not as foolish as the commenters on this thread

ReputationRep:
    You disagree with the vote. Good for you - but your bitterness is not what is needed. We need to stick together to create a plan for the future. You cannot say for certain that anything you are saying is true - neither can leave. Stop spouting your fear-mongering; it is pathetic.
    No what is needed is to make it crystal clear the upcoming recession is a self inflicted one, made by people who had all the information to reach that conclusion because 'immigrants' or 'sovereignty', so when votes like this happens in the future we'll hopefully see less of post truth campaigns based on personality and more based on fact.
    FTSE 100 futures are already down by over 8.5%, pound has reached lowest levels since 1995, and UK is likely to loose its triple A credit rating. No it is not fearmongering when it has already happened.

ReputationRep:
    Little England? You need to actually shut up. The vote is done. Stop with your fear-mongering. Remain lost - now it's time to to the future.
    As /a said before - stop looking at 6 hours of market impact on a generational issue.
    What do you mean stop looking you retard?? The sterling is at its lowest level since 1985 is that of no significance to you. It's lower than the pound during the financial recession of 07/08. And shut up about fear-mongering dipshit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You're an absolute idiot. The pound has fallen, yes, but you're focusing 6 hours of market impact on a generational issue. It will bounce back - if you don't think so you don't understand history.

We are NOT shutting the rest of the world out. Honestly, where do remain voters get their ******** from? Voting to leave is not about running away from the world, it is joining the wider world outside of the EU. It is gaining our right to democracy whilst moving on from a failing political union.

I'm glad the majority of the country are not as foolish as the commenters on this thread
    The pound has fallen TO THE LOWEST LEVEL IN 30 YEARS. The fact that you're trying to dismiss it with "it will bounce back" shows just how deep this mass delusion runs.

ReputationRep:
    Little England? You need to actually shut up. The vote is done. Stop with your fear-mongering. Remain lost - now it's time to look to the future.
    As a said before - stop looking at 6 hours of market impact on a generational issue.
    Yes, our future, with economic recession and the splitting up of the UK.

You will not notice your pathetic, childish needs for 'democracy' or 'sovreignty' in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9hk9)
    I just hope Britain can "move on"
    At the moment I do not know whether it can or it can't. If Leave had had a clear lead, then it would have been planning for tomorrow but it wasn't and it didn't. It is still a group of activists with different agendas.

ReputationRep:

Further proof that leave voters are degenerates when they dismiss the present as fear-mongering. The sterling won't bounce back, simple as.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The pound has fallen TO THE LOWEST LEVEL IN 30 YEARS. The fact that you're trying to dismiss it with "it will bounce back" shows just how deep this mass delusion runs.
    Do you not understand what it means to STOP LOOKING AT SIX HOURS OF MARKET IMPACT ON A GENERATIONAL ISSUE.

Google it because clearly none of you *quite* understand.
    Absolute fools - I'm leaving this thread now. If you can't understand that the pound has fallen as a knee-jerk reaction on a generational issue, not as a long-term economic market impact, you're not worth my time.
    One last time before I leave: I'm glad the majority of our country is not as unintelligent as the majority on this thread/my age.

ReputationRep:
    Do you not understand what it means to STOP LOOKING AT SIX HOURS OF MARKET IMPACT ON A GENERATIONAL ISSUE.

Google it because clearly none of you *quite* understand.
    Absolute fools - I'm leaving this thread now. If you can't understand that the pound has fallen as a knee-jerk reaction on a generational issue, not as a long-term economic market impact, you're not worth my time.
    One last time before I leave: I'm glad the majority of our country is not as unintelligent as the majority on this thread/my age.
    "Generational issue" means nothing. Recession is recession. It's you that doesn't seem to understand that it doesn't matter why the pound falls, what matters is that it's fallen by 10%. The 2007 recession was caused by a "knee-jerk reaction" and we're still feeling the effects now, this is no different.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations, you self destructing neanderthals. You've managed to destroy 40 years of progress and plunge us into recession. How exactly do you plan to save the NHS and fix our schools when you've just took a big **** all over our economy?

Oh right, that £350m we save (thats actually about £150m).

Shocking. Who could have predicted this? Not those pesky experts, they don't know what they're talking about. We're sick of experts!

Well, at least we have our sovereignty??????

This country is a ****ing joke.
    PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    Thankfully the country isn't run by clueless 16-year old TSR users. Claiming it's the apocalypse an hour after the official announcement shows how naive some people here are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan2012)
    Thankfully the country isn't run by clueless 16-year old TSR users. Claiming it's the apocalypse an hour after the official announcement shows how naive some people here are.
    Our currency has dropped by 10% in a few hours. I don't really understand how you can keep acting smug and superior. The economic effects are very clear, they're already happening, and you're the clueless one if you're trying to deny reality.

ReputationRep:
    Brexiters being very quiet today. Surely someone can tell us how this recession is part of the plan to make Britain great again? Instead of pretending its not happening.

Come on, you voted for this!

In other news, Nigel Farage says in an interview he has no idea whether that £180m a week we saved is going to go to the NHS or our schools, as the pound keeps falling and stocks plummet. Not that it really matters, because we've lost several times our yearly contribution to the EU in one night.

ReputationRep:
    they're waiting for the LKY-style visionary to take over and run the UK, the guy who knows his policies aren't popular in the present but the people of the future will appreciate

ReputationRep:
    Well, congrats to all those who voted to leave - especially the older people, thanks so much for destroying our economy while you live off your retirement pension

ReputationRep:
    Brexiters being very quiet today. Surely someone can tell us how this recession is part of the plan to make Britain great again? Instead of pretending its not happening.

Come on, you voted for this!

In other news, Nigel Farage says in an interview he has no idea whether that £180m a week we saved is going to go to the NHS or our schools, as the pound keeps falling and stocks plummet. Not that it really matters, because we've lost several times our yearly contribution to the EU in one night.
    Firstly, the drop that you are seeing in the market is due to a number of things. Primarily, it is large investors who are moving to 'safer' investments, such as the Swiss Franc. This is only temporary as the the situation starts to stabilise. It is also a correction in the market as the polls were so wrong about the outcome and had priced in a 'Remain' victory.

Secondly, this is not a recession as it would require consecutive quarters of negative or zero economic growth. The result was announced this morning and therefore you sensationalising about this being a recession is false. This is also not a decline; it's simply traders and investors reacting to the news. In order to measure economic growth, you need to look at a number of long-term factors, such as GDP.

ReputationRep:
    I say we let the country go to ****, and tax the **** out of old people and people who made us leave, for ****ing it up for all of us. And show them how ''project fear'' was ''project truth''

ReputationRep:
    Our currency has dropped by 10% in a few hours. I don't really understand how you can keep acting smug and superior. The economic effects are very clear, they're already happening, and you're the clueless one if you're trying to deny reality.
    It's now 7% down, and it's heading back up. You cannot claim 'economic effects' on the basis of a couple of hours. Let the dust settle before making any claims. Check my other posts where I said any dip would be short-lived.

After reading through some of your other posts on here it's obvious you've been the smug one. I wish I could see your face this morning.

Discussions on TSR

• Latest
  • Personalise
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.