Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hahaha it has begun (Motion of No Confidence in Jeremy Corbyn) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    The problem is it wasn't Corbyn that led them to electoral humiliation, it was the part of the party that want him out. Kick him out and it will business as usual, which is to say, still unelectable because I don't see Labour addressing the reasons that made them a laughing stock in 2015.
    UKIP and SNP will continnue to steal their votes if they don't bring a solid project on the table.

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually very fond of Corbyn.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Margaret hodges and Ann coffey are the MPs who put forward the vote for "no confidence".

Both are Blairites, remnants of an old and disastrous government called "New Labour", they're still clinging on hope for the good days, their values are not represented by Jeremy Corbyn, hence any reason to want accuse him of being a poor leader.

Jeremy Corbyn acted correctly imo, he supported his party's view of Remain, but seemingly remained indifferent, so as to let the electorate decide for themselves and not being drawn into this blame game for whichever side that did win.

He's the right leader the Labour party needs, and that the majority want, despite what a vocal two MPs say.

ReputationRep:
    Corbyn is a wonderful man who has done his best to help the party back up after the mess it has been in for years. I blame the other divided half of the party, and the ignorance of many.
    Give the man a proper chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maryamzahid)
    Corbyn is a wonderful man who has done his best to help the party back up after the mess it has been in for years. I blame the other divided half of the party, and the ignorance of many.
    Give the man a proper chance.
    feel a bit sorry for him ngl, he clearly thought that what he was doing was for the best and seemed to have integrity. shame his party turned against him but you can't have softies and idealists as leaders, it will just never pan out

ReputationRep:
    Everything is always Mr. Corbyn's fault. This is getting laughable now.

Mr. Corbyn is still the Labour leader, and has the overwhelming backing of his membership who voted him in.

In another leadership contest, he would still win. Why? Because he campaigned hard for a Remain victory, but did so in a nuanced manner.

As that well-known leftie Peter Hitchens said on BBC News yesterday, all the Parliamentary Labour Party spend their time doing is thinking about how to overthrow Mr. Corbyn, and that Mr. Corbyn is closer to the views of disaffected working-class voters than the Blairites in the party.

One of my friends who voted to leave, who detests Jeremy Corbyn, said that if the whole Remain campaign had campaigned as Mr. Corbyn did, we would have woken up to a Remain vote.

If Mr. Corbyn is ousted, or forced to resign, all of the people who now would vote Labour again and who joined the party will leave, en masse. If he is ousted, I hope the Labour Party dies a very brutal death: its MPs simply do not share Labour values anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tootles44)
    feel a bit sorry for him ngl, he clearly thought that what he was doing was for the best and seemed to have integrity. shame his party turned against him but you can't have softies and idealists as leaders, it will just never pan out
    understand completely, corbyn came to my university for a talk about labour and ideals and he was however very inspirational.
    I just think that the labour party was left in tatters and he had the misfortune of picking them up.

ReputationRep:
    Keep him please. Then us Conservatives can win the election yay

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.