Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why are young people so pro-EU? watch

ReputationRep:
    I am a young person.

I am strongly anti-EU.

I am very happy today.

ReputationRep:
    Because we have more important things to think about than our "sovereignty" and all this made up *******s that people like to rally over. I'd rather have food on the table and real progress, I don't care about showing the world what a big man I am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazzyboy)
    I must say I'm very disappointed in many of the so-called liberals that are annoyed at this result though. I've seen so much outcry for the results of the referendum to be ignored, and there's been a petition for a 2nd referendum. Seriously people; no matter how stupid the majority's decision is, if we ignore that decision, then we'll be abandoning our democracy. That's in direct opposition to most liberal policies. I hate that some of those people still call themselves liberals. They're probably the same people who advocate hate speech laws, which anyone with any sense would see heavily conflicting with free speech ideals.
    You can be liberal without supporting ridiculous decisions. Our democratic system isn't about giving everyone a say in every decision. We don't have a referendum every time we want to do something, we elect people that are actually qualified.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ATW1)
    I am a young person.

I am strongly anti-EU.

I am very happy today.

You have one of the world's stupidest men as your dp. I'm not surprised you're just like him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackien1)
    You have one of the world's stupidest men as your dp. I'm not surprised you're just like him.
    You should be very worried, one of the world's 'stupidest men' is looking increasingly likely to be the next American President.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    Because we have more important things to think about than our "sovereignty" and all this made up *******s that people like to rally over. I'd rather have food on the table and real progress, I don't care about showing the world what a big man I am.
    Looks like your daily scare stories on here haven't worked, Jordan. Boo hoo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ATW1)
    You should be very worried, one of the world's 'stupidest men' is looking increasingly likely to be the next American President.
    Who says I'm not? But it's people like you that have made that a possibility.

ReputationRep:
    I suspect they know what's tolerance and education and mostly importantly ,they have a brain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackien1)
    Who says I'm not? But it's people like you that have made that a possibility.
    Well, I personally as a non-US citizen haven't had much influence, but I absolutely think Trump is the right choice for America.

ReputationRep:
    Really? Or is it simply that you have limited experience of the World and it's way. What about your forefathers who fought for your freedom in both World wars? Why jump on the word 'racist' and 'xenophobic' without stopping for a minute and separating Europe and immigration from the EU and what membership involves. Have you looked at the fascist uprising in the EU and how it is rapidly becoming a totalitarian state? There is a lot at stake and that involves our sovereignty and independence. I would suggest that you read Animal Farm by George Orwell before making such an immature and stupid statement. It is precisely people like yourself that illustrate why the voting age would benefit from being changed to 21.... What do you know of the world?

ReputationRep:
    Most are taught this school of thought, being said, I'm young and anti-EU.

Teachers will actually promote pro-EU discussions and condemn pro-nationalism speech in classrooms rather than encouraging people to form their own opinion, it plays large part in the false idea that one is intelligent if they support the EU....because they are agreeing with the teacher and the teacher is smart.

Most grow out of it when they get some real world experience, the teachers remain in their little bubble insulated from the real world indoctrinating the next generation, which is why most young are pro-EU. The EU has movies stars given token positions to help with this, that girl who played Harmony Granger from Harry Potter comes to mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr_Negligible)
    Why are so many young people (known for left liberal views) in favour of remaining in the EU when it is a capitalist totalitarian union that is anti-democratic by design?
    Most people on this forum probably over 90% are extremely anti-EU and quite militantly in some cases. People are wise not to mention any pro-EU sentiments on here.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.