Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Disgusted with the bashing of Brexit voters Watch

ReputationRep:
    My problem with it is that it was rushed and people didn't know what they were doing. Before last academic year, I don't remember this even being an issue, and over the last 9ish months I've only been hearing the same thing from both sides with no real development in either argument. Imo campaign to leave the EU was just a way for the politicians to distract the general population from the real problems within the country and to give them someone else to blame for their on incompetence. But if people wanna fall for it that's their business, I'm already looking for a new passport

ReputationRep:
    Pls name one of these so called 'compelling' arguments brexit had to offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alba2013)
    You are obviously entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. I feel the Brexiters deserve all the bashing they're getting and more.
    Such a small margin of democracy was decisive as well. Those few million who believed Farage and Boris like the fools they just kicked us out the union for my lifetime.

I've spoken to many of those in my constituency (Broxbourne who overwhelmingly voted Leave) from family to colleagues who all put immigration as their main priority for leaving. Just **** off. Same pricks that love England and all the ******** it stands for.

Nationalism is so **** and undemocratic and uncaring - a reasoned vote is a remain vote we all know that, especially considering how delicate our economy is.

Rhetoric won nothing else
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by rosietaylor16)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Capped borders meaning we can manage immigration in the same way we manage it for the rest of the world beyond the EU; an end to the bureaucratic and undemocratic rule of the oligarchy in Brussels; the ability to trade directly with the biggest economies in the world like China, Brazil and the US.

There's just 3 reasons for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goam)
    Left wing politicians: don’t leave the EU
    Right wing politicians: don’t leave the EU
    The prime minister: don’t leave the EU
    Young people: don’t leave the EU
    Middle aged people: don’t leave the EU
    Healthcare, education and economic professionals: don’t leave the EU
    The entirety of Scotland: don’t leave the EU
    Europe: don’t leave the EU
    Obama: don’t leave the EU
    The rest of the ****ing world: don’t leave the EU

The 51.9%: sorry sweetie can’t hear u over the immigrants :bigsmile:
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

but make britain gr8 m8
    take back muh control

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everglow)
    Capped borders meaning we can manage immigration in the same way we manage it for the rest of the world beyond the EU; an end to the bureaucratic and undemocratic rule of the oligarchy in Brussels; the ability to trade directly with the biggest economies in the world like China, Brazil and the US.

What happened to the "350 million pounds to fund the NHS"? Oh wait.

ReputationRep:
    I am disgusted by the amount of mocking and bashing coming from the people with jobs towards the Leave ones. Ranging from claims that we must be retarded and uneducated to claims that we all lick the arses of Nigel Farage and Donald Trump, many of the Remain voters have demonstrated a truly ugly side to themselves.

Brexit is fundamentally undemocratic, whether you like it or not. Berating those who didn't vote the same way of you is nothing short of ad-hominem childishness. People don't know how to handle losing their jobs and livelyhoods, so they simply label Brexit voters as fascist, racist, xenophobic retards who only care about national pride and kicking out immigrants. There seems to be a notion that only idiots voted Leave as well.

If you voted for Remain - fine; but don't assume it's your right to work hard and get an education as well as avoiding the association with the likes of Farage, Trump and Putin etc. Everyone on social media is sharing that video from Good Morning Britain where Farage says he cant promise £350m p/week will be sent to the NHS. Farage is not the PM or the chancellor; whatever he says bears no true value.

This was a ill informed and damaging result, so please try to keep that in mind before you go demanding another referendum because the entire economy is at stake. Democracy doesn't appear to exist to ensure good governance.

Brexit had no compelling arguments. You might not agree with me on that, but clearly I and millions of others around the UK were conned by people smarter than myself or fellow Leavers. We might not have voted it for the same reason(s), but we all shared the common ground in believing that running and hiding from the outside world is a true alternative.

Disagreeing with people is one thing; berating, mocking and insulting them is another. Please don't be one of the ***** who had the audacity to expect a fact driven debate. It's so paradoxic for liberals on the left wing to be forced to Vote Leave's level and discuss non truths such as the ascension of Turkey, the European Army and benefit stealing migrants.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For me, not wanting to be tied to a corrupt and power hungry organisation for the next 40 years or so (given that we probably won't have another chance for a generation) was a pretty compelling argument. The EU is only going one way and it's towards what they call "ever closer union".

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cameron promised to cap net immigration to the tens of thousands. Last year 600,000 immigrants entered the UK and we had no control whatsoever.

Leaving the EU means we can now finally control the levels of immigration and by extention relieve pressure on the NHS and housing.

ReputationRep:
    Before today I was on the fence regarding which way to vote, neither had really given me a side to vote on. However on polling day I didn't like the intolerant reasons of the brexit camp, it just seemed wrong to me so I voted stay.

However today I realised the amount of misinformation spread by the exit camp and how nasty it was. Facebook posts from over 40's is now flooded with extremely intolerant and nasty posts aimed at European immigrant, while the under 30's are now extremely upset that despite almost 80% of them voted to stay this result has yet again been decided by those over 60 who statistically will probably be dead in the next 10-15 years anyway (who ironically are the ones saying in a few years things will be fine).

(Original post by Everglow)
    1.Capped borders meaning we can manage immigration in the same way we manage it for the rest of the world beyond the EU;
    2.an end to the bureaucratic and undemocratic rule of the oligarchy in Brussels; 3.the ability to trade directly with the biggest economies in the world like China, Brazil and the US.

1. Well good for you..... let me guess that 0.5% of the population must really be harming you and your way of life

2. By that reasoning you must want to leave the UK. I found out quite shockingly today when I was given that reason that many pro brexit didn't realise that the European election was to vote in MEP's who then vote in the parliament for the president.... by very definition it's democratic. The council by comparison is formed of the EU members own democratically voted governments. The only arguably undemocratic component is the fact the President of the 'Council' rotates between nations ever so often, but they're responsible for foreign relations and international agreements, not making laws (exactly the same as our own unelected foreign minister.

It's no different to the fact I didn't vote for a conservative government, but they got the majority. It's no different to the fact I didn't vote for David Cameron to be Prime Minister. It's also no different to the fact the ruling government decided themselves who the Foreign Minister would be.

3. Again we already do that anyway.

The amount of misinformation is appalling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    Remainders are merely calling out the lies made by brexiters. If we had voted to remain by the same margins and Turkey suddenly joined despite protestations made otherwise, I'd forgive brexiters going 'I told you so you morons'

Of course, when Vote Leaves promises on the 350 million on the NHS start unravelling, brexiters start calling us sore losers for, you know, holding them to account.
    Except Farage was asked if he can guarantee the funds going to the NHS.

Given that he's not actually in government, he can't guarantee anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheIr0nDuke)

This is Vote Leaves fault with con man Matt Eliot behind it.

Farage admitted it after the result but went along with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheIr0nDuke)

Unfortunately many of the population doesn't know that and believed his false lies. As a result the worst happened. Furthermore if we compare votes by age majority of the young were in favour of remain whilst the old were for leave. And quite honestly that's utter ********, they have like 10-20 years whilst we have to deal with it for the rest of our lives.

ReputationRep:
    People are too scared of their reputations on social media to have an opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellular-Suicide)
    Unfortunately many of the population doesn't know that and believed his false lies. As a result the worst happened. Furthermore if we compare votes by age majority of the young were in favour of remain whilst the old were for leave. And quite honestly that's utter ********, they have like 10-20 years whilst we have to deal with it for the rest of our lives.
    True, but many know that there will be £10bil more to go where we need it. Education, NHS, the armed forces.

Students are more likely to vote remain because for the most part they have little knowledge of the EU, and are more easily swayed by scaremongering and govt. propaganda.

The older generation did us a favour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny the Geezer)
    People are too scared of their reputations on social media to have an opinion.
    Or maybe they've realised voting leave was stupid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drogon)
    Or maybe they've realised voting leave was stupid?
    Well leave had more votes. Ergo, "remain" was the stupid option.

ReputationRep:
    Here here OP and not all of us voted Leave because of Farage and hating immigrants. I loath Farage and I support immigration (albeit controlled properly, not a free for all) I voted leave because I don't like an organisation in another country telling us what to do and because I see whats happened to other EU nations and don't want that for the UK. Oh and also the fact the EU has failed to assert any authority in the refugee crisis showing it cannot handle big problems well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny the Geezer)
    Well leave had more votes. Ergo, "remain" was the stupid option.
    Ok now you're deliberately playing dumb. lmao.

ReputationRep:
    I voted remain, and I am disgusted by the behaviour of other remain voters. What I find even more unbearable than the bashing of leave voters, is the complaining by the neoliberals about how we were ****ed over by uneducated racists and by over 65s who won't be alive to see the consequences blah blah blah. Wtf do you think we should've done instead? Limited the referendum to those under the age of 26 with a university degree who vote Labour? And surprise surprise - they've only gone a started a petition for another referendum because they didn't get the result they wanted. Remember guys, democracy is only good if it goes the way you want it to. If not, protest and throw all your toys out the pram. The exact same thing happened at last year's general election. It's pathetic. We should be ashamed of ourselves.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.