Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why THE HELL has TSR become so outrageous over the fact Britain is out of the EU? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't surprised to see the overreaction on here. Everyone is scaremongering.

Were better off out. The a housing bubble that's still being propped up, and when it bursts, spain, italy and france will struggle. They're probably need bail outs.

Thankfully we don't have to pay for them.

ReputationRep:
    Have you even looked at the news?

8 Hours into Brexit and we're already in the *****er!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Last time I looked, I wasn't money, so hopefully everything will be fine. :moon:
    LOL.
    I wish I was money, life would be a lot more simple.

ReputationRep:
    Because most millenials and 90s kids haven't got enough understanding of human nature to realise that this was a good move. They're the same people who think nationalism is a bad thing. Europe was experiencing major social and political tension long before the referendum was announced. It was only a matter of time until the whole thing fell apart anyway and if we'd still been in the EU when that happened we'd be a lot worse off than we are now. These people need to ask themselves: would I rather endure some financial uncertainty or go through a full blown recession and a potential world war (yes, if the EU continues as it is there is likely to be one*)?

*Those idiots in Brussels won't stop poking at Russia. Eventually the Russians'll get fed up and bite back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catholic_)
    I have heard comments claiming Brexiters are not informed, dont know what they're doing etc.

So, I'm really interested in finding out why people who voted remain are upset?

What is Britain missing out on exactly? I can only see hope. We already have enough pressure on housing, NHS, schools etc, this is going to affect my future and i'm happy we are out the EU.

Yes, I voted out of the EU due to migration and not being part of a reformed Soviet Union Colonial Order called the European Union. I was also sick of foreign criminals not being deported who had harmed our citizens - along with the pathetic 'human rights' acts which stops rapists, murders being deported or penalized.

I see voting out the EU as something which shows respects to those who died for this country in WW2.
    Well this post clearly shows you don't know that much about the EU because the human rights acts you're harping on about are part of the European Convention of Human Rights a completely seperate body to the EU and something we a) haven't left b) had a major role in building and c) are meant to protect everyone even people you don't like.

ReputationRep:
    The stock market has already partly recovered. Shows that the whole thing is based on uncertainty not structural issues. Was down 8% this morning in 10 minutes and now down just 2.7%.

ReputationRep:
    ^ ftse 100 down only 2.3%. Would hardly call this financial crisis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carpe Diem Jay)
    Because anyone who looks at the facts knows that leaving the EU is/was a bad idea.
    How so?

(Original post by Ciel.)
    Yeah, let's not forget about the end of freedom of movement, great.
    As if that's all there is to it.
    As if the referendum can be reduced to that.

ReputationRep:
    This is a big decision. You can only leave once. Its not like a general election which comes round every few years (ok, 5 years at present). The decision doesn't just affect the UK. And 48% is still a huge percentage of the population who wish to remain, plus the proportion of remain voters is higher amongst young people. The potential ties to xenophobia and anti-refugee sentiment also make it seem controversial.

Hence the outrage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Because most millenials and 90s kids haven't got enough understanding of human nature to realise that this was a good move. They're the same people who think nationalism is a bad thing. Europe was experiencing major social and political tension long before the referendum was announced. It was only a matter of time until the whole thing fell apart anyway and if we'd still been in the EU when that happened we'd be a lot worse off than we are now. These people need to ask themselves: would I rather endure some financial uncertainty or go through a full blown recession and a potential world war (yes, if the EU continues as it is there is likely to be one*)?

*Those idiots in Brussels won't stop poking at Russia. Eventually the Russians'll get fed up and bite back.
    Nationalism is not a bad thing? How is making decisions "for the sake of your country" a good thing? The country is a piece of land that humans decided to draw imaginary lines around and named. It wasn't always the same country and it probably won't be the same forever either. Making a decision in the name of a piece of land is extremely irrational as well as a lie people tell themselves to justify things like xenophobia or the fact that they might not be able to find a job because there is competition due to immigrants..
    Also, economies always have and always will experience fluctuations in their economic activity. Economic peaks lead to recessions and recessions lead to economic peaks no matter what their duration. The UK will innevitably at some point in the future experience recession whether inside or outside of the EU. It's just that outside of it, it will be coupled with what you now call "financial uncertainty".
    Edit: Forgot to add that one of the principal causes for both World Wars was the nationalism of the countries involved and the "every country for itself" mentality. The EU will not lead to a world war, countries with such beliefs which leave the EU will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecsstudent)
    Nationalism is not a bad thing? How is making decisions "for the sake of your country" a good thing? The country is a piece of land that humans decided to draw imaginary lines around and named. It wasn't always the same country and it probably won't be the same forever either. Making a decision in the name of a piece of land is extremely irrational as well as a lie people tell themselves to justify things like xenophobia or the fact that they might not be able to find a job because there is competition due to immigrants..
    Also, economies always have and always will experience fluctuations in their economic activity. Economic peaks lead to recessions and recessions lead to economic peaks no matter what their duration. The UK will innevitably at some point in the future experience recession whether inside or outside of the EU. It's just that outside of it, it will be coupled with what you now call "financial uncertainty".
    Edit: Forgot to add that one of the principal causes for both World Wars was the nationalism of the countries involved and the "every country for itself" mentality. The EU will not lead to a world war, countries with such beliefs which leave the EU will.
    Nationalism is merely putting your own people first. That's how it should be done, you put your own first and then everyone else after that. The left has created a false definition of it as a pro-EU measure. Put it this way, two children are drowning in a river, one of them is your own. Given that the one which is saved sooner has a better chance of survival, which do you save first?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Any parent worth their salt would save their own child first. It's the same when running a country, you put your own people first.

ReputationRep:
    To answer the thread title TSR is populated by people who's age group were overwhelmingly in favour of Remain and now feel that they've been ****ed over by the older generation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carpe Diem Jay)
    Because anyone who looks at the facts knows that leaving the EU is/was a bad idea.
    I spent literally days looking at the facts and I decided it was a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Nationalism is merely putting your own people first. That's how it should be done, you put your own first and then everyone else after that. The left has created a false definition of it as a pro-EU measure. Put it this way, two children are drowning in a river, one of them is your own. Given that the one which is saved sooner has a better chance of survival, which do you save first?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Any parent worth their salt would save their own child first. It's the same when running a country, you put your own people first.
    Defining your "own people" as those who live in the same country as you is part of the problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catholic_)
    I have heard comments claiming Brexiters are not informed, dont know what they're doing etc.

So, I'm really interested in finding out why people who voted remain are upset?

What is Britain missing out on exactly? I can only see hope. We already have enough pressure on housing, NHS, schools etc, this is going to affect my future and i'm happy we are out the EU.

Yes, I voted out of the EU due to migration and not being part of a reformed Soviet Union Colonial Order called the European Union. I was also sick of foreign criminals not being deported who had harmed our citizens - along with the pathetic 'human rights' acts which stops rapists, murders being deported or penalized.

I see voting out the EU as something which shows respects to those who died for this country in WW2.
    Because they think that millionaire Bob Geldorf is a role-model and that in some coocoo land, sticking his fingers up at and abusive unemployed and threatened fishermen equates to being intellectually and morally in the right.

That scene summed up how many of the 'liberal young' have totally failed to understand what liberalism actually is.

protip: It's not bigoted arrogance.

This generation is lost. Genuinely.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.