Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Me and my family voted out, but we are kind of in regret now :( Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thutmose-III)
    And a lower pound at this particular point in time is actually not a bad thing as it will make our exports more competitive
    Exacltly, imports more expenisive, exports cheaper, and our current account will hopefully experience a surplus rather than the deficit we have been running for god knows how many years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyjoanne)
    The fact our currency has dropped means other countries are less likely to trade with us. We don't have a stable economy at the moment but in all fairness, it has only just happened. I voted remain, but the majority won and that's how democracy works. To be honest though I think we will have another vote soon because the results were so close and less than 75% of the country actually voted. A lot of young people are in favour of remain but either are too young to vote or don't believe their vote will make a difference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A weaker pound means that countries are more likely to trade with us as our goods are cheaper. Or don't you understand economics?
    The economy has already stabilised and the value of the pound only fell by a very small amount.
    I highly count that there will be a second referendum as this referendum had one of the best turn outs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 09craige)
    A weaker pound means that countries are more likely to trade with us as our goods are cheaper. Or don't you understand economics?
    The economy has already stabilised and the value of the pound only fell by a very small amount.
    I highly count that there will be a second referendum as this referendum had one of the best turn outs.
    That would be true if most of our exports were material. But they aren't. Most of the UK's exports are things like Gold, Petroleum and company stocks. This things go up and down in value all the time and with a falling currency, the value of this things would fall. So they'll be worth less in general. We'd be selling a bar of Gold for half it's value which is what happened in the 24 hours after the vote. That's why we halted trading for day- so we wouldn't lose money. You can find this out from switching on the news. Or picking up an economics textbook which I happen to have plenty of from when I was studying my degree. In economics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 09craige)
    Tbh, even if you had of voted in, it would not have changed the vote. Once we have actually left the eu, the market will stabilise and everything will be fine. Don't worry, other eu members want out too now so the Eu will probably collapse anyway
    Is it a good thing if the EU collapses though? Wouldn't be easier for us to negotiate a trade deal with the EU as one trading bloc instead of each individual European country?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester_123)
    We were absolutely convinced remain would win. All polls said so. I wanted to protest against the establishment though, I wanted to send a message.

I had no idea leave would win, it will not be that bad right?
    Are you a ****?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.