Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Remainers: What will you do when the UK comes out stronger than ever? Watch

ReputationRep:
    This is Britain. We are the greatest country in the world and we will succeed! People need to stop being so pessimistic.

ReputationRep:
    Wake up from my dream?

ReputationRep:
    If Britain ends up stronger, I will happily accept that Leave was the better option.

After all, with a situation as important as this, I'd much rather be proved wrong than proven right.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be happy and carry on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    This is Britain. We are the greatest country in the world and we will succeed! People need to stop being so pessimistic.
    lol since when were we the greatest country in the world, dont get me wrong i love this place.

ReputationRep:
    Pack up my life here and immediately return to the UK on the back of my flying pig.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zahid~)
    lol since when were we the greatest country in the world, dont get me wrong i love this place.
    I dot mean we are the richest country in the world or the most powerful but we are the greatest because of all the contributions we have made to the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsphysics91)
    All we're seeing right now is how the UK is doomed, what will you remainers do when you realise the UK is better in several years' time
    corrected it for ya :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 so sadly I can't really flee. Still have to do my A-Levels and University :P

On that note though I do think remaining would have been better and for the sake of not arguing, i'll just put my reason down as most of the news spouted bias about both Bremain and Brexit, with predominantly a lot of bias toward the Brexit side. I'd much rather have had people be educated more on the topic versus being taught by the news and public events such as a campaign. The vote shouldn't have been governed by campaigns for Brexit and Bremain, but by actual quantified factual information that could be given. Saying Turks will charge in could have been related to when Cyprus joined the EU, and even that is better than just saying it out loud. 16-17 year olds could have had people educate them about the referendum, and in the sense of campaigns existing could have had campaigns visit their schools and institutions and been taught on the matter.

I just think it's terrible that people learned what they did and based their votes from the news and what they were told versus entirely quantifiable data.

ReputationRep:
    How do you think the UK will come stronger? I could use some cheering up here.

ReputationRep:
    You prove me wrong, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Though it's hard to define 'better off' - what criteria must we meet? If our economy improves, what might the cost be politically and socially?

Socioeconomic and political amelioration seems incredibly unlikely to me at the moment, and it should seem unlikely to you, and in that case I will continue to say 'I told you so'. But prove me wrong.

ReputationRep:
    It won't be the UK for a start. Scotland is gone, Ireland could be next (unlikely).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.